New Update Released Today (Jun 19th 2019)!

• Official Post

It is great to hear these bugs after the beta testing phase is over, LOL

Hi,

I noticed after update that the 'glass exterior' shader makes completely transparent, invisible surfaces (no colours, alpha map, bumps or reflexes).

Does anyone else have that kind of observation?

Glass shader looks the same on my end, please verify you have the latest drivers installed and that aerofly is still running on the GPU and not the processor graphics chip for example. What graphics card do you use?

Hello,

the reverse no longer works or ?

Reverse works great on my end, what hardware do you use and how do you have the thrust reverse assigned? Do you maybe have multiple axes assigned to the same input?

The airbrake in the MB339 does not seem to add drag any longer?

MB339 airbrakes works as before on my end and we didn't change that for at least a year. Do you see the airbrake extending? It could create more drag, yes. But it is working.

• then, after other tests, and just after a restart of the simu the reverse answers once or twice and no longer works, test on different keys the same way . no conflicts on assignments....

• What graphics card drivers are you using?

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to you; I've made sure I'm using the latest graphics driver 430.86 and re-tested scenery areas.

In my user created scenery, still have tearing using Vulcan; switch back to OpenGL and tearing is gone. Tested IPACS scenery around San Francisco with Vulcan and all is well, so "problem" appears to only occur with user created scenery.

I tested this also using several different aircraft including a freeware version and it makes no difference: scenery tearing with user created scenery is still there under Vulcan.

Hope this helps a little bit...

Ken

• Does this happen with complex scenery with large cultivation areas or does it happen even with just aerial images installed.

I do have cultivation in my scenery area. Let me see if I have a scenery area I've created with just aerial images, and also "turn off" my cultivation file and see what happens.

I do have cultivation in my scenery area. Let me see if I have a scenery area I've created with just aerial images, and also "turn off" my cultivation file and see what happens.

Ok, here's a little more information. I turned off my cultivation files and it made no difference. I also tested another scenery area I've created with no cultivation and still see the "tearing".

I would like to explain that "tearing" actually looks like a shadow that in all cases is visible on the right side of the plane and extends back to the rear of the plane, in other words sort of from 90 degrees back to about 180 degrees in relation to the plane. (In other words it doesn't matter what heading the plane is on, the shadow or tear moves in relation to the plane in the right rear quadrant). Every other quadrant is OK, which makes this issue a little strange in that the shadow or "tear" only occurs in that viewing area. The shadow or tear also moves with the plane, it isn't tied to a scenery tile "stitched" to another tile.

This explanation is the best I can do; I don't know how to take a screenshot inside AFS2.

Again, hope this helps a little bit.

Ken

• I must set shadow to high when using vulcan. Similar problems when shadow set to medium.

And there you have it; I had my shadow setting set to medium and after changing it to high problem disappeared... so I suppose there is a bug that affects the medium setting but I see no issues with the high setting so I'll go with that.

Jan, if you can do so please explain whether or not we should be using the Vulcan setting going forward and why? The readme sort of hints at it but gives no explanation why.

Thanks, and Tom thanks for the note about the shadow setting.

Ken

• Official Post

Jan, if you can do so please explain whether or not we should be using the Vulcan setting going forward and why? The readme sort of hints at it but gives no explanation why.

Vulcan from my understanding is similar to OpenGL just more strict in the things that you can do and a bit close to the hardware level.

This allows it to run more efficient and gives you as a customer a significant performance increase. But not all graphics cards support it that well yet.

I'd always give it a try and if it doesn't work switch to OpenGL. And with each Aerofly Update or if you want to even with each new graphics card driver you can try it again if you want to extract the most out of your system. For regular 2D screens you probably don't need it but for VR with insane shadows it does make a noticeable difference.

• Is this on the bug list at least Jet-Pack (IPACS) ?

I've lost my ability to adjust my view using analogue controls. I use this a lot as a few aircraft have the view a bit off centre or you're sat too far back. I mentioned this in the beta. Was there a problem restoring this functionality?

• Looks like we got an issue with the shaders. At LSZG I get no ground for some reason. No clue. The runway and apron is there, but the surroundings end up in a big hole.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Looks like we got an issue with the shaders. At LSZG I get no ground for some reason. No clue. The runway and apron is there, but the surroundings end up in a big hole.

I think I know what you mean - does it happen when you change viewpoint? I think one of the viewpoints ends up below (or too close to) ground level.

• Resolved - No clue. Reinstalled the whole thing an now it is OK

No update 😉

https://www.aerofly.com/de/hilfe/downloads/

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• After the new update i still have no sound in the sim. I can't figure out what is wrong. All my other games (steam or non-steam) and the system sound works fine. I have also installed the RC8, witch based on the same engine without any soundproblems. How can i check out, what properties AF2 use?

Regards,

Ives

• Official Post

After the new update i still have no sound in the sim. I can't figure out what is wrong. All my other games (steam or non-steam) and the system sound works fine. I have also installed the RC8, witch based on the same engine without any soundproblems. How can i check out, what properties AF2 use?

Regards,

Ives

Have you accidently pressed Q to mute your sound?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

U are the man Jeff. Thx for help. I never use the key so far. So keep in mind folks problem in chair not in computer. :)

Regards,

Ives

No worries, we are always here to help :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Sadly the update process via the apple store isn't as quick as via steam, will take a bit longer.

Hi,

coming back to your announcement for the MAC release two weeks ago , pls let us know about the status:

Is the update still in the approval process of Apple

or

has the update not been filed with their approval team yet?

Cheers & Thanks for an update

P.S.:

I am just asking, because the current version does not even work properly on my new MAC

(I already filed a note on that)

Hi again,

maybe nobody felt addressed by my post, as I did not get an answer yet, .... my mistake.

Thus, I would like to place my question directly to any official of IPACS again:

Is the MAC update just still in the approval process of Apple

or

has the update not been filed with their approval team yet?

...just to get some sort of feeling, if we are talking days, weeks or months for the update ;)

Sorry, for appearing a litte impatient, but I just love this simulation

(in the meantime I am using Aerofly FS 2019 on my iPad :))

Cheers

W.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

4,2 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Edited once, last by Clipper747pa (June 29, 2019 at 5:44 PM).