Aerosoft Lukla - Mount Everest - Extreme Available NOW!

• Official Post

For those of you who aren't aware, Aerosoft has released another beautiful scenery package for Aerofly FS2. Lukla - Mount Everest - Extreme has just been released and it's packed with goodness.

“Gateway to Mount Everest” and “World's Most Dangerous Airport” are certainly the most commonly used attributes for Lukla – an airport that seems out of this world.

There are airports that are higher (see Tingri included in this add-on). There may be airports that have a shorter runway or an even worse upwards slope of the runway. Others have a mountain wall at the end of its runway. What makes Lukla standing out is its combination of all those factors in one single airport!

Not enough thrill for you? Count in weather as a factor. No navigational aids. Limited documentation of approach and takeoff routes. An uncontrolled airpace with fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.

Bring your engines (and brakes!) to their limits by heading up the valley to Syangboche, a bumpy airstrip located even higher and surrounded by rocks high above a steep valley. Or try to find a helicopter that can reach helipads at these altitudes or even land at the Mount Everest basecamp, located right next to sharp glacier pinnacles between rock outcrops.

This package is a successor to "Lukla X – Mount Everest", one of our most popular sceneries of the past decade that has won many awards – among them the Simflight Award. This new version is a completely new development setting the bar even higher, coming with much more content than the previous version.

Features:

• 5 highly detailed airports with all buildings and clutter objects like vegetation, people, animals, vehicles and more:
      • VNLK Lukla
      • VNSB Syangboche
      • VNPL Phaplu
      • VNKL Kangel Danda
      • VNRT Rumjatar
    • 7 generic airports with details like tower positions, ground layout and thrilling hand-edited terrain:
      • VNKD Man Maya Khanidanda
      • VNBJ Bhojpur
      • VNTR Tumlingtar
      • VNRC Ramechhap
      • VNJI Jiri
      • VNTJ Taplejung Suketar
      • VNLD Lamidanda
    • 12 helipads, most of them at very high altitudes
    • A whopping coverage area of 200x200 kilometres
    • Detailed hand-edited mesh terrain
    • More than 366 thousand cultivation buildings
    • More than 60 million (!) individually placed trees in their respective vegetation areas (e.g. shrubs in the alpine areas, tropical trees in the valley rain forests)
    • A hand-edited and geo-referenced combination of satellite imagery with higher resolutions around the core areas
    • Modelled points of interest like hanging bridges, stupas, etc.
    • Detailed mesh with rock and glacier outcrops around Mt. Everest Basecamp making helicopter landings there as challenging as they really are
    • Extensive manual with custom made maps and airport charts
    • Free bonus: Semi-fictional to-be-build large “Tingri Airport” north of Mount Everest
    • CON: Not a single airport with a flat runway

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Un séjour sans faille

For those of you who aren't aware, Aerosoft has released another beautiful scenery package for Aerofly FS2. Lukla - Mount Everest - Extreme has just been released and it's packed with goodness.

Sold! All is OK, but I found that there is no PDF manual for this DLC? Unlike other DLCs, Helgoland or those of ORBX.

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• There is a 29 pages manual (seperate en+de) for the Aerosoft version of Lukla existing.

In the Aerosoft version it is located directly beside the elevation/images folder structure.

I am shure IPACS will deliver it for Steam version soon.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 3 times, last by TomSimMuc (June 20, 2019 at 12:20 PM).

• Bought it. It’s great. Only pity is low resolution of the ground texture on most places. Wish high resolution upgrade in the future.

There is already a user-made addon to this scenery, with high(er) res textures, though only for a small area. One can hope that modders will soon be happily busy enhancing any perceived deficiencies.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Got it, suberb,

notice: I am getting more stutters in this scenery than with other sceneries. It is strange and can be distracting but I guess its the number of trees and stuff around, as well as the extra burden to check for collisions all the time slows the simulator, a bit.

Edited 2 times, last by Etien (June 21, 2019 at 11:57 AM).

• I have really been enjoying the Lukla scenery. :) In particular the hand-edited custom terrain that is so well done! I just love landing on the slopped runways with all their bumps and lumps. The plane just comes to life on these surfaces and it is SO much better than just landing on a flat runway with no personality and "feel" to it. To me this is more enjoyable than some of those simulated bump effect add-ons in other sims. Big thanks to the developer for the labor of love shown on this project.