Worth trying again in VR with Oculus Rift?

• I tried this sim from Steam ~ 1 year ago with my Oculus Rift cv1 but I was not happy with it and I ended up getting a refund. My main complaints were no heli's (which I love to fly) and I found it difficult to change locations. I also found it a bit difficult to setup my HOTAS. The 90fps was nice/smooth but at the time my XP11 at 45fps (with ASW disabled) seemed to offer smoother flights and better physics, and much better ground textures with my gtx 1080ti. Actually, the latest XP11.35 seems to still work very well for me.

So, one year later, do you think it's worth trying this again and why? Thanks.

BTW, I luv the current Aerofly RC8 in VR. My favourite RC flight sim right now. Good support and frequent, useful updates. No RC8 Vulkan support yet but apparently it's coming soon.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Ultimately, the only person who can decide this for you is you. The rest is just other people's opinions. If you already bought it, reinstall it and try it. In the amount of time you'll wait for other people's responses and reading through their subjective commentary, you could just as well try it out for yourself.

There is 1 new IPACS helicopter. The rest is largely unchanged from 1 year ago, other than some new scenery available from 3rd parties as well as some 3rd party free and payware aircraft too. In performance it will absolutely crush X-Plane. In visuals, it will be better in some ways and worse in others. Same goes for flight models, flight physics, and aircraft selection.

All that said, if you ever found X-Plane in VR to be 'smoother,' I can't think of any possible explanation for that except some kind of issue with your installation or hardware. I own both, have spent hundreds of hours in both, and X-Plane (while great in many ways) cannot touch the smoothness and performance of FS2, period.

• Thanks mate. Maybe I'll give it another go and let you know what I think. I probably should add that xp11 is only fly's smooth at 45fps if you fly it smoothly (that is , no hard yaw movements). Thanks again for your reply.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Edited once, last by TomC RLG (June 26, 2019 at 11:58 AM).