New features in Aerofly FS2?

• I really like AFS2 and it's currently the only simulator on my computer (I uninstalled X-Plane 11 and Prepar 3D). But in AFS2 we do not have water, effects of reflexes, vehicles in movement, more options of clouds, rain and etc. Will we have these features in AFS2? Or just in a new version of the simulator (AFS3)?

• We have all been waiting for a long time for these and many other features, the devs have gone very silent on even when some of the basic stuff is coming. We are only assured that it is coming. Things like ATC, traffic etc would make the sim come alive, right now to be very honest it is just a great scenery display program.

• Of some of the mentioned features you can find a demo: there is a tiny little bit of moving water in the Florida DLC and there is a demo you can download from this forum of moving traffic, also only in (part of) Florida. I doubt these features will be available everywhere in the AFS2 world anytime soon. Weather options probably won't be added within a few years: they are working on ATC first and that's taking a few years already. Progress of AFS2 is really extremely slow.

• I can't believe they haven't erased this thread. They certainly would have six months ago.

Many of us have been waiting for and asking for these things for well over two years now. You can really only enjoy the program if you stop waiting for the stuff you want. Otherwise you will drive yourself nuts.

• I can't believe they haven't erased this thread. They certainly would have six months ago.

Many of us have been waiting for and asking for these things for well over two years now. You can really only enjoy the program if you stop waiting for the stuff you want. Otherwise you will drive yourself nuts.

Just wait. ;)

And true. There is enough to enjoy in AFS2. ;)

• Where is Jeff? Have the moderators mellowed? ;)

Everyone who has been on this site for a long time is familiar with my Cassandra-like laments that sooner or later FS2 will get over-taken by one of the big-boys, and all of their fabulous work will have been for naught. It is something that makes me genuinely sad. But Ipacs can only move at their own pace, and complaining gets us nowhere. Of course we still have to make our voices heard. Just don't expect it to make any difference in the end.

• Upgrading with moving traffic, water,seasons and clouds has to be done properly and very carefully because if it not done well and fully tested it will change our simulator into something no one wants. This all takes time. Meanwhile we have the best simulator, plenty of free ware planes, and scenery.

• YES... This is indeed what AFS2 needs. A similar scenery streaming model is now in use with "Infinite Flight" (low definition, as most users fly at high altitude). The business model clearly works, and addresses the needs of fans. Worth looking at IPACS.

- Kenneth

• I try to keep quiet about the lack of progress on any of the frequently requested features, however...

whenever you see a post about Aerofly where someone is comparing it a different sim, Aerofly being "lifeless" (no cars or other planes) always gets mentioned.

I fail to understand why IPACS don't make that the highest priority, it's clearly hurting adoption of the sim and ultimately their business.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Official Post

Where is Jeff? Have the moderators mellowed? ;)

Everyone who has been on this site for a long time is familiar with my Cassandra-like laments that sooner or later FS2 will get over-taken by one of the big-boys, and all of their fabulous work will have been for naught. It is something that makes me genuinely sad. But Ipacs can only move at their own pace, and complaining gets us nowhere. Of course we still have to make our voices heard. Just don't expect it to make any difference in the end.

I'm here, but none of us are moderators. We are all members of the IPACS development team and we are all still very hard at work.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff