Variety of very poor cultivation objects

• Salut,

I read the Scenproc manual carefully, but I can not get different varieties of plants and trees in AFS2.

here le AF2_config.ini file :

I tested on a small area 'island ouessant' various parameters: T01, t02 etc..t08. And I still have the

same trees, no change.

for example is it correct to do so : on the same file.spc

Code
    CreateAF2Plant|landuse="forest" And FRAND < 0.5|8;40|0|broadleaf|T01
    CreateAF2Plant|natural="wood" And FRAND < 0.5|8;40|0|broadleaf|T02
    CreateAF2Plant|natural="tree" And FRAND < 0.5|8;25|0|broadleaf|T03

merci

• yeah. And one more thing that is strange. In the coast of the normandy, you will ahve trees and bushes in the water

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• to do cultivation It's many time spend , because we do not have enough information on the .ini file (scenproc) and the author told me he did not have enough information about AF2 to answer to my question.

The AFS2 team, should understand that it makes the task difficult for us, especially if we want to do work something of quality, having more cultural variations and having buildings for big cities and other different textures .

Because at the current level and little means to our dispposition, we see that the cities are all the same ... and finally ended up bored ..

if the team could make a real effort to put a more powerful tool at our disposal, it would encourage more people to do this work.

Thanck Michael, very nice.:)

• Hi Christy,

I don't have my files here, long time ago I didn't fiddle about with cultivation.

As far as I remember, the syntax with T01, T02... won't work.

I think I used the variety name after file names in AFS2, for instance conifer|01_1550

Vogel69 wrote somewhere a post summarizing the tree varieties.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Here's a working snippet from one of my scripts:

--

# this line generates a broadleaf tree for 2% of the tree coordinates with each tree between 58 to 65 feet tall

CreateAF2Plant|FRAND < 0.02|17.67;19.812|0|broadleaf|3

# this line generates a broadleaf tree for 18% of the tree coordinates with each tree between 40 to 55 feet tall

CreateAF2Plant|FRAND >= 0.02 AND FRAND < 0.2|12.19;16.76|0|broadleaf|0

# this line generates a broadleaf tree for 75% of the tree coordinates with each tree between 32 to 45 feet tall

CreateAF2Plant|FRAND >= 0.2 AND FRAND < 0.95|9.75;13.71|0|broadleaf|2

# this line generates a broadleaf tree for 5% of the tree coordinates with each tree between 20 to 30 feet tall

CreateAF2Plant|FRAND >= 0.95|6.096;9.144|0|broadleaf|12

--

The last value 'broadleaf|2', 'broadleaf|12' will evaluate to 'T02' and 'T12'.

-- Rich

• You should give Nabeel's Scenery Editor a try - see this thread … AFS2 Cultivation/Scenery editor

Here's the link to the tool, you open an existing TOC file where you have too many trees in water then select a rectangle around those trees and delete them. When you save your work it will download a new modified TOC file. You can add additional trees (4 types), houses, and street lights with the tool also.

You can also start the tool with no TOC file and add trees, houses, lights, then download the new TOC file. You will have to reference the TOC file name in the airport's TSC file (there's a cultivation section at the bottom of the TSC file where you need to add the TOC file).

https://afs2-editor.nabeelamjad.co.uk/

If you're just getting started with scenery development, you may prefer this Scenery Editor tool over ScenProc.

These other tools will also help you get started:

AeroScenery - for downloading orthos/hi-res tiles for your city/town/local airport (search the forums for AeroScenery)

fscloudport.com - for creating an airport in your city/town (search the fourms for fscp or fscloudport)

Mastering these 3 tools will get you pretty far without having to mess with the script files used with ScenProc.

• Mille fois merci Vogel pour ton lien. Je vais analyser celà en détail.

Sinon, je voudrais avoir des fichiers .spc qui traitent séparément les objets. exemple un fichierbuilgings.spc, fichierarbres.spc, fichierforet.spc etc ...

j'ai regardé ton dossier 'martinique' et j'ai vu que tu as fait comme ça: commercial_buildings.toc; industriel,

végétation, lumière etc.

Tu ne voudrais pas me donner tes fichiers, afin que j'analyse et que j'apprenne ainsi plus facilement. merci

Kenventions, merci.

15 days ago I spent a few hours on the cultivation site and I confess I was unable to understand how it works. even the help did not allow me to do anything. I do not have the feeling with this tool. it will require an explanatory video of the operation to help people.

• Mille fois merci Vogel pour ton lien. Je vais analyser celà en détail.

Sinon, je voudrais avoir des fichiers .spc qui traitent séparément les objets. exemple un fichierbuilgings.spc, fichierarbres.spc, fichierforet.spc etc ...

j'ai regardé ton dossier 'martinique' et j'ai vu que tu as fait comme ça: commercial_buildings.toc; industriel,

végétation, lumière etc.

Tu ne voudrais pas me donner tes fichiers, afin que j'analyse et que j'apprenne ainsi plus facilement. merci

Pas de problèmes, je t’envoie cela dès que je rentre à la maison (dimanche).

• Regarding the various spc files. If you have one with all variants then simply comment out the strings you do not want and leave e.g. the trees only. Then save it as e.g. trees.spc. That's how I made it.

I already filter the downloaded osm file with osm filter. With that approach I only have small osm files and quick processing

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• J'en ai aussi quelques uns si ça t'intéresse . Quelles sont les sources que tu comptes utiliser ? OSM ? ou bien tu veux reprendre de l'autogen généré pour FS ?

A+

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Ok, mes extractions depuis OSM sont assez vieilles et la syntaxe ne reflète plus exactement ce qui est actuel dans ScenProc (Arno a ajouté des arguments depuis), mais si ça t'intéresse je partage volontiers pour inspiration sur la technique générale. Je regarde ça ce ouikenne.

A+

Antoine