Update?

• There was just a substantial update posted a few days ago. HERE

What OS are you running?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We only update Aerofly when we have enough of material. We are not on any schedule.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• "Every few months" is probably an accurate description.

Don't think I can agree with that.

February: update which only had to do with VR control

June: update adding new features. In July a few fixes to this update were released

November: update with the focus on the R22. In December a few fixes to this update were released

June: update adding new features

Every few months is something like every 2 or maybe 3 months. In 2018 however we had only 2 sim updates (not counting the VR control one) and in 2019 only the recent one. So that is one update every 6 months. I wouldn't call that "every few months".

• Again, we don't release updates based on any type of schedule. We believe in quality over quantity. The last few updates were substantial improvements to the aircraft systems. A lot of time was also spent on building a solid foundation so that future improvements are easier to implement.

Regards,

Jeff

• Don't think I can agree with that.

There are a lot of things going on in the background that aren't listed in the change log. The change-log is a mere compressed version of the most obvious changes. Changes like internal optimizations or changes that are the foundation for the next features are not shown there. E.g. take the Vulkan renderer for example, that is just one or two lines in the change log. Yet it took probably months of optimizations and changes to get it running with the benefit of increasing the performance by probably 50% or so in the end, if you factor in all of the changes that lead up today's implementation. That is a huge deal and made Aerofly as fast as it is today.

Here is how I see that list, if I had to abbreviate it...

Februar 2018:

Major internal optimizations and changes that allowed VR hands to work and subsequently make mouse usage more consistent across all aircraft. All in preparation for the next update in June.

June 2018:

Major improvements on the rendering engine using the modern Vulkan renderer

All 20+ aircraft got fully interactive cockpits, which you can also interact with in VR but also with the mouse. Those were literally thousands if new switches.

Major improvements to system depth on many aircraft, yoke hide, canopies, doors and other animations to play around with, All those in preparation for the future, e.g. warning lights were prepared. In the following updates we benefited from that work a lot.

Autumn 2018:

Release the new Aerofly RC 8 with many new aircraft and overhauled flight models, VR support etc. This is not on the change log for the Aerofly FS 2 of course.

November 2018:

Added next level helicopter physics from scratch that according to the pilots is the best they have seen. Huge amounts of work made this happen from a 3D scanned helicopter over many hours working on the physics model, driving from and to heliports, meeting with pilots, testing testing testing. All in preparation for possible future developments, too.
    Loads of small helicopter pads with environment were added, e.g. San Francisco Alcatraz or hospital, L.A. downtown heliports, etc. total of over 120 helipads !!

At the same time again a lot of system depth added to several aircraft.

Beginning 2019

Many things happened and were added that you may have spotted on more than one international exhibition. (Not going into detail here)

Spring 2019:

New mobile version Aerofly FS 2019 that brings pretty much all of the existing Aerofly FS 2 features onto your tablet. Again, not on the Aerofly FS 2 change log.

Some time before June 2019
    Cockpit interactions for the mobile version and new camera to make the interaction a lot of fun. Now the mobile version is almost on the same level as the desktop version and you can play it on the go.

June 2019:

Major new engine simulation that allows many variants of turbo engines again in preparation for the future.
    Increasing system depth once again, more aircraft that can reach cold and dark state, flight plan editing with the (M)CDUs.

Keep in mind that we are developing the simulator at the same time that we are improving the aircraft fleet and scenery. So it may look slow but there is so much more going on that is invisible from the outside.

• Merci,:)

it is very interesting your explanations, but the time passes quickly.

Although you dedicate full sale of AFsc for RC 7-8 ... but if it allows you to have more sales to improve AFS2, it's actually a very good idea.

although I find this choice surprising . you took. it's a little contradictory to the project that you develop for AFS2 serious simulation mode.

Let's say that they are two totally different audiences.

I wish you success AFS2, according to our expectations.:)

• So it may look slow but there is so much more going on that is invisible from the outside.

The fact that there is a lot going on in the background and the fact that you guys are working very, very hard is very much appreciated but it does not mean progress is not slow from a user point of view. I think most AFS2 users will agree progress feels slow. I know IPACS prefers quality over quantity but when it comes to buyers/users I do think IPACS prefers quantity. ;) And to attract and keep (!) more users faster progress is needed, I think.

Many things happened and were added that you may have spotted on more than one international exhibition. (Not going into detail here)

I find this intriguing as well as annoying... IPACS knows how users are eager to hear more about what's going on with AFS (we seldom get an update on how things are progressing) but then you decide to not tell us about it and only show it to the happy (very) few that may visit an exhibition...? Really?

• I agree with this… I am excited about what the future holds for FS 2. The downside is APACS does not for whatever reason give us anything to be excited about day to day or week to week… I get quality over quantity, however keeping customers excited with bits and pieces of news and information can’t hurt. This week we are working on this… the next few weeks we’re doing that. You have a very loyal and passionate customer base, keep us captivated.

• This is the same discussion that us old timers have seen for well over two years now. I understand all of the frustration - Oh how I understand it!

But it gets you nowhere. They will just say any given feature will be released when it is ready, and then close or erase the thread. The only way the game can be enjoyed is to accept it for what it is today, and not to expect any updates. That way when an update happens it is a pleasant surprise!

This is just advice from one of the old guard, and not meant as criticism of any previous post!!! I'm just trying to explain how it works here to anyone who might be new.

• Oldar, Indeed, it is wisdom that speaks.

But when we see the number of missing things in this simulation, we can not help being frustrated.

In life, you have to seize your chances and change your way of thinking to gain market share, rather than declare yourself bankrupt.

Well, that's just my opinion.

• Well since we are constantly working on improving Aerofly further of course you can expect more in the future. It's like Christmas except you don't know when and the presents are for everyone :)

I would like Oregon and Washington state photo scenery and cultivation for Christmas...pretty please😊

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

Edited once, last by xraythree ().

• Well since we are constantly working on improving Aerofly further of course you can expect more in the future. It's like Christmas except you don't know when and the presents are for everyone :)

I would be happy to get the AS350 B3 for X-mas please

X-Plane 11.3x / DCS 2.5.4 / P3Dv4.5 / Aerofly FS 2

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• I would like to get the ATC for X-mas 2024, please ^^ (just joking!)

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Yep, these are all things that have been requested dozens or maybe hundreds of times in these forums. To Ipacs' credit they seem to be more tolerant of these requests than they were six months ago.

When I first asked in 2017 when a weather function would be coming down they road, they responded that it would take years. I thought they were being funny. Now I know they were perfectly serious.

That is why I made my previous post. You can't wait for the things that are missing, you just have to enjoy what is already present or else look elsewhere. They aren't going to go any faster than they are going already.

• I remember last year around the time when R22 was released one of the developers (Jet-Pack?) stated that IPACS have more sceneries to come. By now over half a year have passed, however, neither IPACS nor orbx brought us a single new scenery. Fortunately we have Lukla as a small comfort. But more new sceneries will be much appreciated.:)