Geoconvert unofficial reference guide

• Hmm there is that note in the PDF:

Caution: after job completion, Geoconvert unfortunately doesn’t close without a manual
    action, and the tool doesn’t seem suited yet for several parallel processes.

So apparently it's "normal" that my Geoconvert process never finishes and it should not be the reason of my mesh build failure...

• I have a small question: in TMC files I guess that elements of lists must have an unique index.

Elements index is apparently used neither by the Geoconvert tool nor Aerofly FS2 and it doesn't hurt if left to 0.

Since I generate those files by scripts, I like to increment the Element index as block identificator.

For instance, troubleshooting cultivation is made much easier if i can identify each building/tree/light with an unique number...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited once, last by Trespassers (July 5, 2019 at 1:22 PM).

• Thanks Antoine for your reply. Indeed it looks better to have unique indexes, at least for debuging purpose...

About the end of the Geoconvert process: I'm still surprised.. everyone really needs to close manually the Geoconvert window ??? If yes it sounds crazy that IPACS has not solved that issue yet. And at least we should have the green message saying the process is well finished (like it is when Geconvert is launched by Aeroscenery for building orthos).

• Thanks Antoine for your reply. Indeed it looks better to have unique indexes, at least for debuging purpose...

About the end of the Geoconvert process: I'm still surprised.. everyone really needs to close manually the Geoconvert window ??? If yes it sounds crazy that IPACS has not solved that issue yet. And at least we should have the green message saying the process is well finished (like it is when Geconvert is launched by Aeroscenery for building orthos).

I fully agree on both statements

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.