AFS2 Grid Generator

• vogel69

Would it be possible to generate grids from the vegetation data? The format is mapt_10_8540_a580.ttc and all are in the vegetation folder. The files contain information about trees and forests where many of them are misplaced. I have extracted the files covering Switzerland and would like to get the coordinates of the tiles.

It works when I just remove the 't' from 'mapt' in the filename. Hence just for Switzerland I can do it like this.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thanks, no hurry.

I wonder why there are stripes of tiles missing although the vegetation for these areas is not missing. These are the original aerofly tiles with the trees extracted from the folder vegetation. I think all the other files in the vegetation folder point to the usa.

Edit: when I have just these files in the vegetation folder then indeed the vegetation is missing in these stripes. Hence there must be more files pointing to switzerland. But which ones?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thanks. Hmmm...interesting. Did you scan the whole folder vegetation? This is the only one with tree information. I cannot scan the whole folder as your tool does not scan mapt files. I copied the files that cover Switzerland into an own folder, deleted the t from the file name (mapt --> map) and made a scan. As I said there are no trees missing in the switzerland scenery, hence the files are complete. Can you please tell me what file names you have where my files in the kmz are missing.

As you can see I have 8480_a640 and 8500_a640. What is in between?

Regards,

Thomas

• I've uploaded a new version of AFS2 Grid Generator:

v1.3 changelog:

- Add support of vegetation files "mapt_*.ttc"

- Add Geoconvert boundaries coordinates into general grid information

In order to help creation of .tmc file, for each square you will have [Lonlat_min] & [Lonlat_max] informations (to avoid creation of no desired tiles at borders: min value are rounded to 2 digits upper value and max value are rounded to 2 digits lower values)

AFS2 Grid generator 1.3

Thanks. Hmmm...interesting. Did you scan the whole folder vegetation? This is the only one with tree information. I cannot scan the whole folder as your tool does not scan mapt files. I copied the files that cover Switzerland into an own folder, deleted the t from the file name (mapt --> map) and made a scan. As I said there are no trees missing in the switzerland scenery, hence the files are complete. Can you please tell me what file names you have where my files in the kmz are missing.

As you can see I have 8480_a640 and 8500_a640. What is in between?

between your two tiles in your screenshots:

84c0_a640

Steam Games\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\vegetation\mapt_10_84c0_a640.ttc

Edited once, last by vogel69 (July 8, 2019 at 6:04 PM).

• Great, that was it. Many thanks vogel69. This helps me when replacing trees and forests in Switzerland and just use the same tile coordinates as Aerofly FS2.

Regards,

Thomas

• Both additions are very much appreciated! Thanks Vogel69 :thumbup:

Same for me, thanks so much Kevin !

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I tried to use the Grid generator to make two kml files (levels 9 and 11) for my Tokyo area for osm2affs2. The level 9 file is created and can be displayed in GE. The level 11 file is created as well but GE throws an error

What could I have done wrong? I don't see any "junk" in this line.

Attached is the original kml file tokyo.zip.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I think I solved this one. I had some other content (notably airport kml files) active when saving the polygones and this obviously got included and was the "junk" in the file (which as a result was much too big).

I think this was it, at least it's working now.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• oh shit. Now my cultivation tool is not working with your grids anymore because you changed the BoundingBox format. :/

Need to change my code now. Well, weekend.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thanks and well done Michael !

Ps: It come some times here when i save my kml and filename already exist it save a corupted kml too

I observed that, too. I only detected it when saving to another place and then exchanging the file. Are we supposed to understand that...?

Kind regards, Michael

• oh shit. Now my cultivation tool is not working with your grids anymore because you changed the BoundingBox format. :/

Need to change my code now. Well, weekend.

sorry for inconvenience :(

I observed that, too. I only detected it when saving to another place and then exchanging the file. Are we supposed to understand that...?

Kind regards, Michael

not understand... but support it until i fix it ;)

• well, that is the way it is. Not your fault. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thanks and well done Michael !

Ps: It come some times here when i save my kml and filename already exist it save a corupted kml too

Yes I noted this. Finally I take care closing and deleting files to overwrite before launching the tool, to ensure a good result... not a big deal, never cared complaining of this...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.