Canary Islands Photo Scenery released at SimMarket

• Already got it!

The elevation mesh is ways better than the default. The Teide and Los Gigantes looks so much more realistic!

If one could convince MK.Studios to do the airports, that would be awesome

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Bought it, too, but didn't find time to fly yet.

Given MK Studios distribute via Aerosoft there might be a faint chance this can be realized. Might be worth asking in the Aerosoft forum.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• 19m elevation vs default 150m, what an improvement. Even if the orthophoto Ray used are lower than my ZL19 which I have currently, the elevation is very cool!

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Airports may be added from FSCloudport

Hi Rodeo, how are you?.

I fear the general buildings cultivation of the islands are colliding with any airport building that we may add using AC3D or FSCloudPort.

Since I was a bit out of AFS2 for some time, I don't have any ideas on how to avoid this, except that using exclude files that should be processed during the cultivation generation. Suggest trying out GCXO to see the issue.

UPDATE: Just contacted Taburet and he mentioned airports exclude files were processed with the general cultivation. Anyway, he's looking into the issue. Really rapid support from him.

Btw, excellent work by Taburet. I flew around two islands yesterday evening and the views are stunning.

Cheers, Ed

Edited once, last by edpatino (July 8, 2019 at 1:23 PM).

• Hi Ed,

nice to talk to you again. I didn't find the time to install the scenery, just downloaded it today morning. But I hope, the exclusion command will work at the Canary Island too....

Btw, please check the thread

T minus X days until Apollo 50!

Several people working really hard to provide something new to the community! More information will follow soon ;):)8)

• GCTS and GCXO should be worked on creating the ground correctly. Taxiways have bumps. I tried with a conversion. would work nice, if the ground would be OK.

• GCTS and GCXO should be worked on creating the ground correctly. Taxiways have bumps. I tried with a conversion. would work nice, if the ground would be OK.

I fear it will be more than just these two airports. The whole islands are very irregular in height, so a flattening of the ground at the airports locations is necessary.

Cheers, Ed

• The whole islands are very irregular in height,

Hello Ed ..

of the canary islands scenery at simmarket ?

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Hello Ed ..

of the canary islands scenery at simmarket ?

Yes, but not a fault of the developer, it's the way the islands are by nature, very hilly. What probably the developer could do is to flatten out the ground at the airports, to a much higher mesh resolution (to a lower value), but we'll be probably asking for too much.

Cheers, Ed

Edited once, last by edpatino (July 9, 2019 at 1:47 AM).

• bought, installed and added all the free airport from FSCloudport. mesh and Images are great but some airports need serious flatening to be usable. Hope the mesh will be patched soon. for 15 euros this is fine but I would have rather paid 30 and have better airports

• How do you flatten terrain in Aerofly? In FSX it was very easy, you could use SBuilder X to draw a Flatten polygon around the area that you'd need and assign a height to that polygon. The mesh in within the polygon was replaced by the fixed height you set, so you had a complete flat area to work with. IIRC you could even setup sloped polygons. I'd love to have a tool like that for Aerofly.

• Yes, but not a fault of the developer, it's the way the islands are by nature, very hilly. What probably the developer could do is to flatten out the ground at the airports, to a much higher mesh resolution (to a lower value), but we'll probably asking for too much.

Cheers, Ed

I have just contacted the developer, he will see if a solution is possible regarding these flattenings and also the exclusions around airports.

Cheers;)

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• How do you flatten terrain in Aerofly? In FSX it was very easy, you could use SBuilder X to draw a Flatten polygon around the area that you'd need and assign a height to that polygon. The mesh in within the polygon was replaced by the fixed height you set, so you had a complete flat area to work with. IIRC you could even setup sloped polygons. I'd love to have a tool like that for Aerofly.

As per my understanding, there is no such easy way to do, like with XP or FSX. The only way appear to me to use the 3D Tools like 3DMax or AC3D

• As per my understanding, there is no such easy way to do, like with XP or FSX. The only way appear to me to use the 3D Tools like 3DMax or AC3D

I guess it is the price to pay to have a super efficient flight simulator. ( no "on the fligth" ajustement of the mesh, just precomputer hard coded data )