Canary Islands Photo Scenery released at SimMarket

• As per my understanding, there is no such easy way to do, like with XP or FSX. The only way appear to me to use the 3D Tools like 3DMax or AC3D

Another possible solution could be to create an geotiff with QGIS or ArcGIS from a 3D elevation data source where each Grey scale value is assigned to a certain height. Theoretically it should be possible to manually edit this tiff file with Photoshop or GIMP or whatever and then draw a polygon around an area with exactly the grayscale value that equals to the height you'd like to set, but I guess this would mean an awful lot of guesswork and trial and error.

• Perhaps I'm mixing canaries and rutabagas, but how did the Lukla scenery handle these sorts of elevation issues?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Perhaps I'm mixing canaries and rutabagas, but how did the Lukla scenery handle these sorts of elevation issues?

When you create an airport, the runways, taxiways and aprons are given a much higher degree of mesh smoothing than other terrain.

In the Canary Islands scenery there are no airports, so people are effectively taxiing the plane over what is, to the sim, normal ground.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• If I'm not mistaken Sascha said that he created a custom mesh for the complex Lukla airport terrain. There's a picture of it somewhere in the Lukla development thread

Yah, the trailers mention "hand edited mesh"

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Good day all;

thank you for the encouragement offered for the Canary islands venture;

it is always exciting to work for a new simulator; it just make the day more interesting.

just to let you know; I am improving the canary island scene; the airports are now clear of cultivations; and I am asked to add flatten areas at the airports.

the flatten areas will be set to the existing fscloudport existing canary islands airport scenery; I can not set a different elevation as it will make them unusable

I will than spend some time to see if is possible to compile sloped runways; it might all end in failure but worth a go.

the updated canary island will go up in couple of days more or less as soon is completed.

have a good evening

ray

• Welcome Ray, and thank you, very appreciated for the speed of your services!;):thumbup:

Cheers

Pascal

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (July 9, 2019 at 10:16 PM).

• That's an example of excellent customer service. Sure a recommendation in case you intend to add more AeroflyFS2 sceneries.:)

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• well for those who like flatten I have bad news because on the next update the mesh resolution will double; this will add more bumps; but of course airports will sit on flatten

aerofly fs2 work well with high res mesh; now we are going to carve further into the Canary islands terrains; those crucial features characteristic of those islands; walking tracks; roads; and cultivated terraces; bring them out as much as possible

Edited once, last by abbiati50 (July 10, 2019 at 1:36 AM).

• well for those who like flatten I have bad news because on the next update the mesh resolution will double; this will add more bumps; but of course airports will sit on flatten

aerofly fs2 work well with high res mesh; now we are going to carve further into the Canary islands terrains; those crucial features characteristic of those islands; walking tracks; roads; and cultivated terraces; bring them out as much as possible

Sounds interesting, I guess I'll have to check this out. Now if someone could create high quality Airports for the Canary Islands that would be great.

• It seems that one of the main airports on the islands, Lanzarote, does not have any buildings on FSCloudPort. If true, is there a way to tell on that site when new items are added or modified? Similar to how we can see the latest submissions on the flight-sim.org filebase?

This scenery looks great though - I am likely to purchase it.

• Looks wonderful, Ray!. When do you think it'll be released?.

Thanks, Ed

in a couple of days - I would say Friday

I working flat out on this one - there is an issue on la gomera affecting the eastern side of the islands where the addon mesh do not show; I have to have a look to sort out this if possible; 5 m mesh really look fantastic on aerofly; the terrain engine is really top class ! well done Ipacs !

• Hi Ray,

Are you planning on adding airports to the package or offering them as an additional add on?

Hi Nick;

I have to be honest; I am terrible in making airports; all my life I done terrains and vectors scenery; and some 3d cities;

yea; will be nice to have details airports for Canary; I am sure somebody will take the initiative and bring them on

I would like to improve the base aerofly mesh; next I will attempt to compile whole Italy at 19 m and post a download link on this forum for those who want to download

Edited once, last by abbiati50 (July 10, 2019 at 8:29 PM).