Canary Islands Photo Scenery released at SimMarket

• Hi Delfin;

what I was saing is that I do not do airports scenery; somebody along the line one day will eventually do canary islands airports;

have a good day

ray

not sure everybody agree with me - every sim have its strength and weakness; I always asked myself why Ipacs took the route the took; a sim based on photorealistic; and now I understand why; not sure any others of the great simulators out there have potential of terrain rendering such as Aerofly;

the way the sdk and the sim shape the terrains is just fantastic !! textures stretching on vertical terrains is also limited to just few spots;

just imagine a bush scenery in Alaska full of trees and rough grounds !!

• Hi Ray:

Thanks for the recent pics. They look gorgeous!. Eagerly waiting for your update.

Your appreciations are correct. Aerofly has big strong points or advantages, like graphics engine, terrain engine (as you said), very fluid with normal FPS well above 100 and most importantly, being those FPS constant (so, no stuttering). Also, it's very simple to setup, use and maintain, and very reliable. It's also important to mention that its VR capabilities are top notch in the business.

The main issue with Aerofly has been in my opinion, the lack of complimentary features like real weather including winds and rain effects, more complex aircraft systems, ATC communications, AI traffic, flight planning, to really be a true and complete flight simulator. So far, if you look at these forums, almost everybody is just talking about the trilogy photo-scenery, geo-conversion & cultivation, so mainly talking about scenery making and viewing, and that's simply not enough (to me!). Even at this point we don't really know if some or just part of the above mentioned features will ever be implemented, since so far IPACS has been reluctant to release a roadmap for AFS2, and all progress, measured by the addition of those features has been extremely slow.

We also need that more developers jump into the game to produce add-on scenery, aircraft, etc., to complement the sim, as has always been the case with FSX and now P3D and X-Plane. So, I'm really excited by the fact that you like AFS2 and expect you'll be able to stay in and produce more detailed scenery in the future.

Of course, I can be wrong, but this is my true feeling!.

Cheers, Ed

Edited once, last by edpatino (July 11, 2019 at 2:23 AM).

Hi Delfin;

what I was saing is that I do not do airports scenery; somebody along the line one day will eventually do canary islands airports;

have a good day

ray

Airfields are no problem, because some of us (like me) have "specialized" on airfields via fscloudport.com or/and flight-sim.org. It would only be good to coordinate.

Byte, Michael (III)

Edit: there are 9 airports on http://www.fscloudport.com/fsc?openview&c…y=es&country=es

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I'm sticking into this scenery now with 5 m terrain mesh aerofly love it ! Canary terrains will quadruplicate resolution in the next update.

I'm looking forward to flying along Playa de Papagayo. With 5 m mesh it will look fantastic. :)

I would like to improve the base aerofly mesh; next I will attempt to compile whole Italy at 19 m and post a download link on this forum for those who want to download

Ray, you're my hero. Since I love flying in Italy, it will look much more real in future when I glide over the Apennines. Thank you very much! :thumbup::)

• Airfields are no problem, because some of us (like me) have "specialized" on airfields via fscloudport.com or/and flight-sim.org. It would only be good to coordinate.

Byte, Michael (III)

Edit: there are 9 airports on http://www.fscloudport.com/fsc?openview&c…y=es&country=es

In this case, after having Ray's next update, a thought to all those who contributed to these airports and a big thank you to everyone !, And it would be welcome a small update of the airports, in El Hierro and La Gomera. And for Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, the buildings are unfortunately missing!

Thank you all!;)

Cheers, Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Maybe with time more features will be implemented into the sim; by ipacs or third party developers

aerofly base is excellent; and if keep going this path the simulator is going to be a winner.

• I added some buildings to FsCP Lanzerote Airport

Thank you very much Thomas for adding the buildings!:thumbup:;)

Missing more than El Hierro and Fuerteventura:S

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• all done and packing- need to take some new images as the terrain is changed

and for those who love this particular airport it has been given lots of love and It is open for business

Thank you very much, Ray ''Taburet'' for this update V2,:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: with Textures resolution of 1.5 m and with a 5 m mesh,:love: it seems to be fabulous! I will test tonight!;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Just a minor detail. The manual suggests the following install path for the Steam version:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\addons\scenery"

I own the Steam version but don't have that directory. Instead I have (neglect the inessential fact I have AeroflyFS2 installed on the K drive)

K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\scenery

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64