APOLLO-50 (Lifted off now!)

• Hi Jake,

the carrier-crew says "Thank you" that they have a little more space next to a starting plane.:)

And the pilots are happy to start without touching the water.:)

At the catapult track C1 it still bounces a bit at the beginning.<X

I like the changes of the file names and I have adapted my tsc file accordingly. (Please note: for the two files "nimits_decals1.ttx" and "nimits_decals2.ttx" the first "s" could occasionally be changed to a "z").

In my tsc-file "uss_horten.tsc" I adjusted the coordinates so that the planes at the catapults C1 and C2 follow exactly the catapult track. Do you also complement the C3 and C4 catapult tracks?

Thanks and Tschüss, Michael

Files

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I'm a Mac user and so I'm happy if a file works on my Mac. :)

Please forgive me, that was one of my PC vs Mac jokes ;)

I just tested your new TSC and can see that C1 does have some wobble. There must be something underneath the deck? Otherwise that should be smooth as butter..

I can definitely add C3 and C4 onto the deck.

• Please forgive me, that was one of my PC vs Mac jokes ;)

I just tested your new TSC and can see that C1 does have some wobble.

Yeah I'm not sure I forgive you, but anyway. ;)

Perfect for launching F35, makes it realistic. Between that and having no arrestor cables, it's the perfect F35 carrier landing simulation (it's a joke for the educated in matters of naval aviation). Too bad we don't have f35s,:evil:

• Too bad we don't have f35s,:evil:

Yeah, what's up with that? I mean thrust vectoring is totally doable in Aerofly, that is one of it's strengths. So hovering a jet is not that difficult from an aerofly physics perspective. Works similar to your landing gear tilting... now just add a engine onto the gear and you have thrust vectoring. Any external developers wanna give it a try? :)

• Yeah, what's up with that? I mean thrust vectoring is totally doable in Aerofly, that is one of it's strengths. So hovering a jet is not that difficult from an aerofly physics perspective. Works similar to your landing gear tilting... now just add a engine onto the gear and you have thrust vectoring. Any external developers wanna give it a try? :)

LOL because first it sounds like you're saying thrust vectoring is one of the f35's strength (I know you meant FS2), well it's got to have one at least.

As you know, thrust vectoring is not the answer, just a very small part of it. That part is easy if you say so. But to hover and fly a plane on thrust vectoring, you need a flying computer, that reads multiple sensors and corrects thrust and vectoring all the time. Do we have THAT in FS2?

If I have real physics and just pivot the engines, the likeliness of the plane flipping over is very very high, even more so with "real physics", it's an unstable system that can only be controlled through a flying calculator. I need to read accelerometers and gyros and change thrust and vectoring accordingly, and that "software" needs to be written too, on top of creating the rest of the plane.

I'm not sure if you were joking, but if you were I like it.

And I meant F35C, the navy version, so no thrust vectoring.

• LOL because first it sounds like you're saying thrust vectoring is one of the f35's strength (I know you meant FS2), well it's got to have one at least.

As you know, thrust vectoring is not the answer, just a very small part of it. That part is easy if you say so. But to hover and fly a plane on thrust vectoring, you need a flying computer, that reads multiple sensors and corrects thrust and vectoring all the time. Do we have THAT in FS2?

If I have real physics and just pivot the engines, the likeliness of the plane flipping over is very very high, even more so with "real physics", it's an unstable system that can only be controlled through a flying calculator. I need to read accelerometers and gyros and change thrust and vectoring accordingly, and that "software" needs to be written too, on top of creating the rest of the plane.

I'm not sure if you were joking, but if you were I like it.

And I meant F35C, the navy version, so no thrust vectoring.

Well you have accelerometers, gyros, radar altimeters, barometric altimeters, airspeed indicators, even gps ground speed and track information and even flight plan information in the tmd and can adjust the thrust of the engines using a custom fuel controller and vector the engines accordingly in Aerofly.

We don't have a flight controller that can hover a thrust vectored aircraft yet but you can certainly create one, though not easy and time consuming. You got a Turing complete set of building blocks, you can integrate, differentiate, multiply, add, subtract and even divide, have iterations if you need them (not needed for a flight controller), you got limiters, switches, multiplexers, logic circuits, comparators, even event based programming (also not needed for a flight controller) and tons and tons of instruments more than enough to make a flight controller that can stabilize a hovering aircraft. It's even possible to do basic terrain following and the default F18 can do that so some extend, though it likes to kill it's occupants from time to time.

I mean the F35B that do a short take off and a vertical landing STOVL. That should be possible to implement with Aerofly tmd elements.

Believe me there is A LOT you can do with the tmd. just faking forces is not as easy. You can have aerodynamics to create lift and drag, you got engines to create thrust but in terms of generating artificial forces there is not much that can be done. But if you stay within the implemented physics you can do all kinds of things from thrust vectoring, wing sweeping, wing folding (see corsair), walking robots, driving cars, gyroplanes, canards, we even had a wingsuit back in Aerofly FS 1 and steerable rockets which could be done so much easier now I think. I'm not 100% sure but it might be possible to create rockets that actually hit a fixed target too. You can now create aircraft that fly autonomously, just using on board ILS instruments or VOR navigation or flying a pre-planned route, you could have an multicopter air taxi that you can sit in that flies you across town. I'm still very much voting for a recreation of a movie "air" race on a very dusty planet that sounds like this: "dududududuuu" "wrroooooom" (Episode 1). These hovering vehicles should also be somewhat possible. You could even simulate the spring-like coupling between the two engines LOL

• It sounds to me like someone could use some of those tmd features to add a little stabilization to my R-22. It still rolls over in a heartbeat. It is so bad that I opt for one of the Cessna 152 for slow flying to review scenery. 🤨🙃🧐

• Unfortunately, the same with me! It's no fun anymore to fly with the beloved R-22.:(

The R-22 was fine and fun to fly right up to the last big update. Now it acts like the control cables have been crossed or something similar. Unfortunately this falls on deaf ears. 😕😬🙃

• The R-22 was fine and fun to fly right up to the last big update. Now it acts like the control cables have been crossed or something similar. Unfortunately this falls on deaf ears. 😕😬🙃

Did I miss something? Didn't some people complain that the R22 became too easy to fly after the least update? Or has there been another update I'm not aware of?

• Did I miss something? Didn't some people complain that the R22 became too easy to fly after the least update? Or has there been another update I'm not aware of?

Well, there are two levels to choose. One was easy, one was difficult. Now both are difficult as of the last big update. The spin was this makes it more realistic. I never heard it was too easy.

I still yearn for a easy to fly R-22. Think green or blue slope vs existing two black slopes.

• The good news is that you can land the R-22 on the Aircraft Carrier (USS Hornet) in our Apollo50 Scenery pack. Or any of the Cessnas and even the F-18 if you are good enough. The deck surface has been fixed by the team not to freeze up on contact. 🙂

• Time flies! and so does the Shuttle ...

It's been just 1 month since we launched the Apollo-50 project and over 700 people have given it a try! Hopefully you've had time to explore all of the Apollo-11 highlights including launch, orbit, the moon, re-entry, and splashdown. If you haven't encountered the night-time launch (Apollo-17 was the only one), be sure to check it out 8)

You may have also seen the Space Shuttle ready for launch, or on a 747 - did you know there's also one in orbit? ... It's tough to find, and like re-entry, it's best to look just after sunset - good luck!

• LOL if you can get up there with the F18 that is a very very low earth orbit, a.k.a. "duble V LEO"

Well, we're working we what we have. Granted an U2 or SR 71 would have been great and more realistic (closer to real orbit) alas still waiting for one. I wonder who could help with that?:P;):saint:

Or there are other options, like a real space shuttle with boosters, an x wing or tie fighter (but then people will complain they don't have tatooine or hoth).

I'll take anything.

• Tonight, the Ohio State University Marching Band (well-known for its halftime show animations) preformed a tribute to the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Space program (Neil Armstrong was born in Ohio) ...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.