APOLLO-50 (Lifted off now!)

• Thanks to all the creators, it was and remains a fun scenery to explore.

Has an updated version been prepared or uploaded?

I heard rumors about improvements to the aircraft carrier and various other items, but cannot tell if a new version was ever posted.

The team kinda split for a well-deserved vacation period. Some went to Paris, some stayed home, some went to the U.K, and some went to Norway. Our downunder airport builder started working on airports around the world, and the others went back to their day jobs or whatever brings in the money be able to build a project like Apollo50 as freeware. There is some talk from time to time about an update, but, I haven't heard anything concrete.

I would like to see the Carrier upgraded also.

• . . . . flash forward to June 21, 2020

It's Father's Day and my son gave me a 50th anniversary edition of the Missions to the Moon book by Rod Pyle. Everyone should know the plot and the outcome of Man's Greatest Adventure, but, this book has a new twist. It comes with Augmented Reality. OK what is augmented reality?

A companion app for IOS and Android that you load up and confirm that you actually have the hardbound book in front of you. On selected pages are one of 4 icons that activate more information on your iphone or ipad as you are reading the book.

There is Audio, I chose to listen to the full Kennedy speech to Congress, or Text Pages, where you can read on your iPad or iPhone copies of official NASA documents or sketches, or a Cube where you can view a 3D or rotatable image of a spacecraft, or a Video where you can call up the selected video clip of an Apollo launch or watch Alan Shepard hit a golf ball on the moon. These are just an example of each that caught my eye as I flipped through the pages.

The actual text of the book is better than most, and I most of them already. This author dug a little deeper and came up with some interested angles and takes that all the other books for the last 50 years may have missed.

• I love that aircraft carrier but I get faint flashing lines all over the deck at every hour of the dya, which is annoying in VR...

Maybe it goes away with shadows set at low? Just think of that at this moment, will try later.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Switching to low shadows or OpenGL gives the same result. Is this normal?

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Switching to low shadows or OpenGL gives the same result. Is this normal?

Definitely not normal, kind of looks like there might be a duplicate model colliding with the carrier.

Have you adjusted the tsc file at all? Perhaps a duplicate?

Otherwise there should be no reason why this specific model is flickering.

• Thanks for the reply.

No, just downloaded and unzipped the file to the right place.

I see the Hornet helipad on the map while choosing the scenery double too...

Will download the scenery again and do a fresh install...

Regards,

Peter Splinter

Edited once, last by PjotR22 (July 17, 2020 at 3:00 AM).

• Well. I clearly messed up somehow, everything is fine now as you can see:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

• The typical flickering reason is:

Users installed the complete Apollo package and afterwards the update without deleting the places folder before.

This results in a doubled carrier, which textures interferes.

Congrats Peter to fly through the hangar without a collision. You really can fly that bird and show how complex our carrier is!

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 2 times, last by TomSimMuc (July 17, 2020 at 9:18 AM).

• Well...It was the second try, deleted the first crash video. ;)

And a lot of practice, since IPACS released the R22 I hardly fly helicopters in other sims anymore, the flight dynamics are so good....

Love our little Mrs. Robinson, she is the 'motorcycle of the skies' ...

Visiting that carrier with the Piper in RAF trim should be fun too! :)

Regards,

Peter Splinter

Edited once, last by PjotR22 (July 17, 2020 at 4:29 PM).