• A plugin that plays these based on the set radio frequency and / or geographic location would be cool. :/

Wish they would change the law here in the UK so that UK airports could broadcast. I'm just down the road from Cardiff airport and would set up a station.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• A plugin that plays these based on the set radio frequency and / or geographic location would be cool. :/

Exactly this thought I had recently when I flew through the Netherlands with the Duchess from EHGG to EHTX. Via Live-ATC I had always been able to listen to the respective frequency. The only problem was that I had to take off my VR headset each time to change the frequency (which kills the immersion). Controlling LiveATC directly from the plane would be great. Unfortunately I have no idea if this would work at all.

• Regarding the UK its all based on a very outdated "Wireless Telegraphy Act".

Hundreds of radio enthusiasts listen to marine shipping frequencies and aircraft frequencies on a daily basis.

It could be worth contacting OFCOM to see if they can shed any light on the subject.

Having dealt with this Government Agency for over 30 years if anyone out there has the time and makes the effort to contact them I wish you well?

PS. Just got this from OFCOM..... https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/…io-Scanners.pdf

PPS. Global Receivers to include UK Airports: https://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited 4 times, last by IZ0JUB (July 12, 2019 at 11:36 AM).

• Regarding the UK its all based on a very outdated "Wireless Telegraphy Act".

It's a bizarre and somewhat amusing law, where merely listening to something being openly broadcast could, (only in theory of course), see you get a criminal record. You could literally put an AM radio on auto-scan and commit a crime.

Even stranger is the this part of the law:

"This means that it is also illegal to tell a third party what has been heard in a transmission a person has listened to illegally".

Presumably you could commit two 'crimes' unknowingly. One for listening and one for telling your cat about it.

I think people have been moaning to OffCom since 2000 about this (there are quite a few forum posts when I looked) and they aren't inclined to move an inch on it.

Interestingly, I read that some people did try putting feeds up of UK airports and OffCom went legal within a few days. So, big brother is watching :)

Unfortunately I have no idea if this would work at all.

Definitely could be made to work. Plugins exist for other sims and the Aerofly API has the ability to read / write the COM frequencies.

I'll add it to my list of Aerofly stuff to do someday.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly