Can't change panel distance in VR anymore

• Hi,

may I ask for help? I can't anly longer change the view distance to the panel in VR (WMR Acer AH101). I am pretty sure I could lean forward to better read figures on gauges until recently, but this doesn't work anymore. If I lean forward the panel does move forward as well. This is not limited to a special plane and not even to AeroflyFS2 but happens in Prepar3d in VR as well.

I thought it might be related to the recent Windows Update, but then others would already have cried. I guess it's a rather stupid setting I made somewhere in Steam VR or in some other place.

And kind soul with a good idea?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I think this happens when the sensors do not work right. I have a rift and need to plug out the sensor from usb3 and replug.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Since the current Windows Update I noticed my WMR headset sometimes failing to recognize it's boundaries when started directly to Aerofly. In some cases it suffices to carry the headset to some other corner of the room, on other occasions I just restart the Windows WMR software, Steam VR and AFS2.

• Thanks guys, I not at home right now but will try your suggestions after return (and report).

Kind regards, Michael

I think this happens when the sensors do not work right. I have a rift and need to plug out the sensor from usb3 and replug.

Thanks, this pointed me into the proper direction. After checking and modifying several settings in StemVR etc. to no avail, I replugged the USB plug into another port - and voila, view distance modification is working again again.

I suspect, this just re-installed the driver at a low-level.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64