Small 'Colorful' VR Hands Update Available Today

• Official Post

Greetings fellow flight simmers,

for those of you who always wished to change the color of your virtual hands well today your wish came true.

A small update was released today to add the ability to easily change your VR Hands color. Simply follow the below steps and enjoy.

1) find the two lines in your 'main.mcf' file ;

<[vector4_float64][vr_hand_color_left][0.5 0.8 1 1]>

<[vector4_float64][vr_hand_color_right][0.5 0.8 1 1]>

Note- If you don;t see these two new lines delete your main.mcf file

Simply change the values of your left and right hands. The first three values are based on RGB between 0 and 1 and the last value is alpha.

To make things easier use this free WEBSITE

Simply copy the RGB Normalized decimal result into your left and right hand brackets.

If you are looking strictly for the best skin tone values use this WEBSITE

Simply scroll down to find your skin tone and copy the RGB values into the first website RGB Decimal box and copy/paste the resulting RGB Normalized decimal result into your left and right hand brackets of your main.mcf file

We hope that you like this small addition to Aerofly. It really makes a difference, that is unless you are a smurf :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I like the de-smurfify feature :thumbup:

I know users always want more and are never happy, but...

If only this could be set via the API, I could write a plugin to hide the hands (or greatly increase transparency) after a period of inactivity.

As I mentioned before, I hang the controllers up when flying with the yoke and grab them when I need. Others must do the same if they have a yoke and VR.

There they sit, half embedded in the aircraft controls, looking like some ghostly "Thing" from the Addams Family.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I like the de-smurfify feature :thumbup:

I know users always want more and are never happy, but...

If only this could be set via the API, I could write a plugin to hide the hands (or greatly increase transparency) after a period of inactivity.

As I mentioned before, I hang the controllers up when flying with the yoke and grab them when I need. Others must do the same if they have a yoke and VR.

There they sit, half embedded in the aircraft controls, looking like some ghostly "Thing" from the Addams Family.

Yes please!!!

• Official Post

There were only some re-texturing files of the Switzerland DLC. Nothing of any relevance in this update besides the VR Hands color changing function.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Any way we can keep them from latching onto things or disable all the gestures yet? I just want to be able to see my hands

The VR Hands are hard coded into Aerofly to work best for multiple VR systems, disabling gestures isn't going to be possible.

Regards,

Jeff