Handling large scenery files

• My Italy photo real made with Nick Hod's "AeroScenery" is around 93 GBS. I can only upload to flight-sim.org under 1 GB at any one time, that's going to be over 93 files by which time I may of lost the will to live!

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Hello AOB.

I didnt understand your questions ... big files ... ok, they are like they are ... but what

is the "advantage" of this page you linked ?

Did they make files smaller ?

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Not advantageous perhaps but the user interface is so much easier I think. On that website all sceneries can be displayed in grid format on the screen and the user just clicks on the part he wants to download. You can always see what part of the map you are downloading . They must have hundreds of scenery files on there.

• I used "Blueskyscenery" website many years ago in a past FSX life and it was very good and well laid out.

Something similar for FS 2 s a good idea.

I have photo scenery of Ireland, UK, Malta plus others which I'm willing to share but its all too big to upload to flight-sim.org

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Some little good news :)

https://flight-sim.org/wbb/index.php?…tID=160#post160

So, the new Server-Software is online ... the next big files can come, then we will see that if it works, and there is now no upload-limit.

For a "map" layout ( like in the blueskyscenery) I find in the moment no solution ...

But when every scenery - uploader will put a little map in the file desciption, I think it will be a good start ?

I can make sub-directories ... like ..

Europe .. denmark ...

Europe ... germany ?

and so on .. but that is fliht-sim.org stuff, so we can discuss better there in forum :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange