Joystick sensitivity, what is it?

• How exactly does joystick sensitivity work?

Does it behave as time delay, smoothing, remap curve, or something different?

I ask because some people recommend lowering it, others raising it. A slider is present with no numeric values, curves or description.

From my brief testing, sensitivity seems to relate to responsiveness where the aircraft reacts more quickly to input change at higher sensitivity.

Enlighten me please.

• How exactly does joystick sensitivity work?

Enlighten me please.

The sensitivity of a joystick means how quickly the plane obeys the movement of the joystick.

With minimal sensitivity, you would have to move the joystick enough to get some degree of movement on each of the control axes of the aircraft. As you know, the three axes / motion are pitch, roll, and yaw.

On the contrary, with great sensitivity of the joystickc, you would get this same response on any axis, with a minimum movement of the joystick.

I hope you understand it correctly.

Regards: Delfin

• I ask because some people recommend lowering it, others raising it. A slider is present with no numeric values, curves or description.

From my brief testing, sensitivity seems to relate to responsiveness where the aircraft reacts more quickly to input change at higher sensitivity.

The setting is personal and depending on your hardware. Lower settings requires more input to get things done: a plane may feel heavier due to this.

My problem with the setting is that left and right doesn't equal up and down: up and down seems a lot more sensitive than left and right no matter what. I wish you could set both axes seperately.