NEW!!! The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III / IV (for AFS 2) available for sale at JustFlight

• I have the default, non modified Arrow. Here a few observations

• FF needle goes zero, one fuel pump was set to LO.
    • TO RPM is way too low on full throttle and full RPM set. Cannot reach 2575 rpm. TO power (according to AFM HB-PKX)
    • Cannot reach 41 inch MP @2575 rpm for TO
    • CLIMB RPM cannot be achieved 2450 rpm (according to AFM HB-PKX)
    • Cannot achieve 75% High Speed cruise profile. Should be 151 Knots. Hardly can get past 110

Cheers

Martin

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• The fuel flow has been answered twice.

I know that the papers say 150 kt, but it's far away from reality. We had for 13 years a Turbo Arrow IV. Okay, really well equipped (the preowner has flown around the world with it), so it was more heavy and all the antennas made extra drag. But the really honest cruising speed was 125 kt.

From the preformance table, at 4000ft:

65%; 2300rpm, 31.1"

65%; 2400rpm, 30.0"

75%; 2300rpm, 34.8"

75%; 2400rpm, 32.8"

I fly usually with 2350rpm and around 33". Speed is then 130 kt, what should be realistic. So, with 110 kt is something in the power setting wrong.

The rpm's are depending on the propeller. On which one is the POH based? Best preformance brings still the 2 blade, but most are using the 3 blade. We had first a Hartzell (metal) and later a Mühlbauer (wooden). It made quite a difference.

Last, but not least, all the preformance data depends on how old the engine is. What you find in the POH is of course for a new engine. So, what I wanted to create is a believable replication of a used Arrow you find in RL. Looking at the used interior and preformance data from the handbook doesn't fit too well together, or?

Kai

• And this is why I kind of fly by threads like this. For everyone that comes up with super detailed descriptions of how a certain aircraft should behave, another person shows up with alternative data that leaves most people none the wiser by the time the thread trickles to a stalemate. :P

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I spent a fair few hours training in this beautiful bird & would really like to take it for a spin. However I only have a Mac. Any possibility it'll work any time soon?

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.

The Arrow should actually be compatible, but I'm not able to test it by myself as I don't have a Mac. Please let me check it back with JF and I come back to you asap.

Kai

• The Arrow should actually be compatible, but I'm not able to test it by myself as I don't have a Mac. Please let me check it back with JF and I come back to you asap.

It's good to know the Arrow is Mac compatible but the installer isn't. You can only download an .exe from JF and you can't use an .exe on a Mac (at least not just like that). On a Mac you usually get a .dmg file for install, although in this case a simple zip with all files in it might also do the trick (for manual installation).

• It's good to know the Arrow is Mac compatible but the installer isn't. You can only download an .exe from JF and you can't use an .exe on a Mac (at least not just like that). On a Mac you usually get a .dmg file for install, although in this case a simple zip with all files in it might also do the trick (for manual installation).

Thanks for the information. I must admit that I don't know very much about the Mac. Anyway, I'll talk to JF that we get the Arrow to Mac as well.

Kai

• It's good to know the Arrow is Mac compatible but the installer isn't. You can only download an .exe from JF and you can't use an .exe on a Mac (at least not just like that). On a Mac you usually get a .dmg file for install, although in this case a simple zip with all files in it might also do the trick (for manual installation).

There is a Mac option for the download & a zip file is the result. The 2 aircraft folders should then be manually installed to:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/

The aircraft appear in the selection menu but on start the aircraft defaults back to the c172.

Possibly a result of UNC/Posix double slash mismatch in the path? Possibly also upper/lowercase mismatch in the username?

16.05-tmsimulator: loading model pa28r201t...

16.05-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='pa28r201t') (directory='/Users/XXX/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/pa28r201t//')

16.05-tmmodelmanager: loading configfile '/Users/XXX/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/pa28r201t///pa28r201t.tmc'

16.05-tmmodelmanager: contact points 3: (1.983 0.000 -0.794 r=0.180) (-0.431 1.553 -0.789 r=0.160) (-0.431 -1.553 -0.789 r=0.160)

17.06-tmxgl: ERROR: (texture 'headset_senn_specular' not found)

17.08-tmxgl: ERROR: (remove invalid texture at index 'specular')

17.08-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin '/Users/XXX/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/pa28r201t///pa28r201t.tmd'...

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputPosition' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=18297074990155055016.

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputVelocity' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=11758052505459015428.

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputGroundSpeed' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=16557520335897305405.

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputVerticalVelocity' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=1564061341192855582.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Has the update for the PA28 been released?

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Hi Everybody,

Even it's only a little update, at the end it was more work than expected. Anyway, it's under testing and everything looks good so far.

That's what has changed:

-GNS can now be turned off by the volume knob

-Animations for ADF, COM2 and NAV2 knobs corrected

-Animation for large right knob on GNS corrected

-Missing sound for large NAV2 knob added

-Missing elements to the DME display added

-Small graphical bug on the Arrow IV panel fixed.

Boring, isn't it? Your are more than invited to put some color of your choice on it. The paintkits for both Arrows will come with the update as well.

Cheers,

Kai

• No need! Both models now work fine with the AF2 Mac update. So the aircraft code was not the source of the issues.

I need to refund my refund lol

Thanks really 1st class reproductions., Highly recommended whatever platform

Hi,

Yes, that was what I was expecting at the end. Or better, hoping for..

Great to hear that the Arrow works well on Mac and you like it. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Cheers,

Kai

• kai503 , please take note for your next update:

For some reason the GNS 530 on the Piper Arrow III-IV freezes in the moving map (the aircraft icon is quiet and doesn't move along the flight plan selected). So far I had no crashes, only freezes.

Cheers, Ed

This is a problem with the GNS which has been created by IPACS: nothing kai503 can do about it.

• Probably he can help out. I tend to be optimistic.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

It is indeed so that the GNS runs inside the sim and the planes only display it. So there is nothing in the Arrow what could cause the problem. For the Duchess and C152 it's the same.

I'll do a test run tonight and will hopefully find a way to replicate the problem. So, we are on it.

Kai