NEW!!! The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III / IV (for AFS 2) available for sale at JustFlight

• For all those who are interested, here it is finally, the brand new PA-28R Turbo Arrow III / IV !!!

Directly from this link:

https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-…iv-aerofly-fs-2

Cheers;)

Tomfa

• Apartment not yet, the best is to make contact directly with JustFlight in order to know if they plans to the posted on Steam, but in my opinion, it seems unlikely, but not on?;)

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Apartment not yet, the best is to make contact directly with JustFlight in order to know if they plans to the posted on Steam, but in my opinion, it seems unlikely, but not on?;)

Cheers

Tomfa

Actually, the steam version will come, but it will take a bit time.

Wie gesagt, die Steam Version ist in Arbeit, dauert aber noch ein wenig.

Kai

• I haven't had the time to try it out probably yet, just started the sim to check if it installed correctly. It didn't load cold and dark when placed on a parking spot like the Duchess which was a disappointment. At least it didn't work in GCLP Gran Canaria. I also couldn't get the autopilot buttons to flip on and off. Anyone else having this problem?

• I haven't had the time to try it out probably yet, just started the sim to check if it installed correctly. It didn't load cold and dark when placed on a parking spot like the Duchess which was a disappointment. At least it didn't work in GCLP Gran Canaria. I also couldn't get the autopilot buttons to flip on and off. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, it doesn't have cold and dark yet. The reason is that I have done my best to follow the IPACS standard. Cold and dark can only be done with some tricks, which might lead to problems with future updates. However, I'm thinking to make a mod like Jan did for the C 172.

You have to turn on the Ap with the left button. It's a bit tricky, as the yoke is in the way. I usually quickly hide it to turn on the AP. There is unfortunately nothing to do about it, the clickspots are all correct in place, so it's just the design of the plane.

Hope it helps..

Kai

• Yes, it doesn't have cold and dark yet. The reason is that I have done my best to follow the IPACS standard. Cold and dark can only be done with some tricks, which might lead to problems with future updates. However, I'm thinking to make a mod like Jan did for the C 172.

I will buy it, but I am really hoping for this option. In the meantime, is there a value or two I can change in the config file, like making initial mixture setting 0% or something like that? So that the engine is off at least?

• I will buy it, but I am really hoping for this option. In the meantime, is there a value or two I can change in the config file, like making initial mixture setting 0% or something like that? So that the engine is off at least?

Okay, I will look into it.

Theoretically you can just pull the mixture in the TMD, but it would mean that the engine is off in every situation you load the plane, so also when you select the approach from the map, change position in the air, etc. So, I would not recommend it.

Kai

• I will buy it, but I am really hoping for this option. In the meantime, is there a value or two I can change in the config file, like making initial mixture setting 0% or something like that? So that the engine is off at least?

It should be possible by editing the default .tmd file (don't know its name because I don't own the plane yet). Simply search for anything mixture related and give it a try. ;) You should be able to set any option to your liking. It's pretty time consuming to figure it all out though.

Good to know this plane has been released but I'll wait until the first 'reviews' are out before I purchase it. Specially looking forward to reviews from people who also own the Duchess. How are the sounds? 'Pitchless' like the Duchess or not? How is the lighting in the cockpit? Great as in the default AFS2 planes or missing as in the Duchess?

The missing cold and dark option is a big downer though... Don't know if I'll buy this one without that option.

• Theoretically you can just pull the mixture in the TMD, but it would mean that the engine is off in every situation you load the plane, so also when you select the approach from the map, change position in the air, etc. So, I would not recommend it.

Unless you copy the original entry into the other tmd's. ;) Which you probably knew already but Unlikely Spider probably not. BTW Just pulling the mixture isn't really cold and dark, of course: a lot more buttons, knobs and switches would have to be changed too. I made the Q400 completely cold and dark and it took around 45 to 50 changes in the tmd. I do think the Arrow will need less changes though. ;) You can also keep a backup of the original tmd and use that one whenever you don't want a cold and dark start. I use a simple .bat file to change between the two (for the Q400).

• You have to turn on the Ap with the left button. It's a bit tricky, as the yoke is in the way. I usually quickly hide it to turn on the AP.

Thanks for a great airplane. :thumbup:

Regarding Autopilot:

I can't see any tooltip text telling me that altitude hold is engaged. When I press the mouse wheel (middel-button-click) nothing happens regarding hold mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Just want to add that AP is ON and HDG works great. It's the altitude hold - that doesn't respond.

• Yes, of course. But be please be aware that in the moment IPACS adds the cold and dark to the sim, you will need to bring it back into the original state. That is why I have not added it. People also wouldn't like it if the plane doesn't work after an update..

Kai

Yes, it isn't beginners stuff! Beware indeed. But if you dare to do it you CAN have a lot of fun with it. ;)