NEW!!! The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III / IV (for AFS 2) available for sale at JustFlight

• Sun Visors and doors work for me edpatino

Just did my first test of plane and I love it kai503! I found myself expressing joy out loud with how good everything looked, along with the animations. Then my final quick test was night time. Do you know that song "Roxanne" by The Police? Because that red light is bangin! And to put the cherry on top, the brightness/dim is adjustable. Thank you Kai for the wonderful work! Now I will go back in and actually fly it! 8)

• had to buy it as soon as it came out (as with Duchess) even though these GA types are not my favourite flight sim chariot. Anyone adding aircraft choices to the AF2 hangar... more power to their elbow I say😀

Didn't realize this was one of your projects Kai. I haven't had time to try it out yet but I'm sure it will be superb.

Matt

• I just purchased and test flew the two girls yesterday night => Wow! I'm in love!

Congratulations to all who worked on them, they set a new milestone in AFS2 development, thank you so much!

The only mod I did (I can't help, sorry) was adding CameraPilot to the pilots' ShowInside line, should be a standard option like yoke show/hide.

I wish IPACS would finally bring mixture modelling to a decent level...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I've got a pretty good one so far for the iii - try this .tmd file.

I put a comment "// changed from" then the values just above each line for each setting I changed.

kai503 Please let me know if sharing this is inappropriate and I'll delete the post.

Thank you, will try it.

Best regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thank you everybody for your kind words :)

kai503 Please let me know if sharing this is inappropriate and I'll delete the post.

It's okay, but please, everybody must understand that using it is on the own risk.

Sun visors and doors animations do not work for me!. Am I the only one?.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

Strange..

The door works basically like the one of the C 172, so you have first to unlock both latches, then grab the armrest (left click with the mouse and hold) and then drag the mouse to open the door.

The sunvisor you can move with the mousewheel or by left-click and dragging.

Did you try it like this?

Then my final quick test was night time. Do you know that song "Roxanne" by The Police? Because that red light is bangin!

LOL :D

Believe me, it was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun to create the light maps. 8) Indeed, both, the dome and instrument lights are adjustable.

Best Regards,

Kai

• Nice work, Kai. This has got to be the most anticipated plane ever, and I know how much love and care you put into it.

Congrats and great Job!!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Hi Ed,

Strange..

The door works basically like the one of the C 172, so you have first to unlock both latches, then grab the armrest (left click with the mouse and hold) and then drag the mouse to open the door.

Will try that way. Really didn't have the time to do in different ways so far.

Thanks, Ed

• For anyone interested in this plane: here is a video I found on YouTube:

Just Flight PA-28 Turbo Arrow IV

Looks nice, great sounds, imho all in all better than the Duchess. 

I won't be getting it though, because of a few (minor) reasons.

Edited once, last by Flamingpie (July 16, 2019 at 6:41 PM).

• Hi Ed,

Strange..

Door (copilot) still doesn't work for me. Strange. Is there any special condition to be met for the aircraft to open the door?.

Sun visors are Ok now (left-clickling and dragging).

Cheers, Ed

• Door (copilot) still doesn't work for me. Strange. Is there any special condition to be met for the aircraft to open the door?.

Sun visors are Ok now (left-clickling and dragging).

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

That's indeed strange. There is no condition which could prevent the door from opening.

The only thing I can imagine right now, is that one of the latches is not (completly) unlocked. There are three ways to do it

-One single left click

-Left click and drag

-Mouse wheel

Give it a try with the left click. It should look like this here:

Then you should be able to open the door like this:

If it's still not working; could you please try the C172? It uses basically the same code, so we can see if the Arrow or something else causes the problem.

Cheers,

Kai

• I can only agree with the previous speakers. Very well done, I'm really impressed Kai !!!

Yesterday evening I had the opportunity to test the Arrow briefly during three Touch-and-Go's in Texel. In VR the airplane is a blast. The modeling and the textures as well as the sound are very good and especially the flight feeling is excellent for me. The Landing flare for example. It just fits. :):thumbup:

Now I need more real life motion/rumbling at my seat. Unfortunately, my force feel pad is still not supported from realteus.

But for now im looking forward for my next flights with the different arrows, thanks for that!

Best regards,

Thomas

• Thank you very much for your nice comment, Thomas :)

It makes me very happy to read it, like all the nice feedback I got so far. I have spent so many hours on this project, often until after midnight. Now I know that it was certainly worthwhile.

Cheers,

Kai

• Okay, so I had another look at my options. P3D, no. XP, no. Deadstick, yes... but not released yet and it may take some time. MFS, probably yes, but it will take even longer. So... that leaves me with AFS2. No ATC, bad planner, no weather engine... (geez... a flight sim without a weather engine...?!?)... And I don't like the default GA and the Duchess was disappointing. After 260 hrs in AFS2 I am a bit fed up with it. Maybe I should get the Arrow after all...? I have some doubts about it but well, it IS a Piper and I love Pipers.

So I bought it.

And I have to say it's nice. Really nice. Sounds are great (unlike the weird Duchess sounds) and it seems to be better controlable during manual flight. I quite like the basic and realistic AP which requires you to trim the plane manually which, to my surprise, can indeed be done. I am still not a fan of the FSX/P3D-like baked in effects but I do have to say the wear and tear is nice and the atmosphere is just superb... even better than I anticipated. Love those brown and red colors and the leather. Just the kind of Piper I like. I think I am good again for quite a while now as far as AFS2 is concerned. Maybe I'll even get TE GB (if it ever gets released... it'll have to be released earlier than Deadstick though).

Looking forward to a cold and dark option, though. I am a bit fed up creating a c&d-tmd myself (as I did with the Q400). The plane is set to c&d pretty quickly, of course, but it just feels odd to turn everything off just to turn everything on again.

Now I am off to read the manual more thoroughly. My first landing was pretty bad so I might read some tips for that. And then I'll do a good old fashioned VOR to VOR flight! (Although I also wonder if the AP has a GPS mode... doesn't seem like it...?)

EDIT
    BTW I noticed some switches don't have sounds (like the AP) and some sounds are positioned wrong (like the starter: it's right in front of me but the sound is on the far right...?).

EDIT 2

Avionics have to be turned off before engine start but I can't find a way to turn off the GNS...? There also isn't a circuit breaker for it otherwise I might have used that.

EDIT 3

What does the Electric pitch trim push-button do...? The trimmer seems to be on regardless of what you do with that button.

EDIT 4

Page 21 of the manual contains quite a few errors. 3 isn't the COM/NAV, it's the transponder, so 4 is at the wrong position. 5 is supposed to be the nav and radio switches but I can't find those switches anywhere: 5 is the batt and alt switch, and not 6. 6 is the fuel pump (not 7), 7 is the landing light, 8 the beacon, 9 the pitot heat, 10 the panels lights 'switch', 11 the alt air and 12 is what it is. ;)While I am at it: the switch that has 4 above it right now, to the left of the bat, what's that for...? Answer: It's the nav light! Up is on, down is off.

Edited 4 times, last by Flamingpie (July 18, 2019 at 7:45 PM).

• Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT
    BTW I noticed some switches don't have sounds (like the AP) and some sounds are positioned wrong (like the starter: it's right in front of me but the sound is on the far right...?).

Yes, looks like sounds of the AP switches are missing. I'll write it down.

EDIT 2

Avionics have to be turned off before engine start but I can't find a way to turn off the GNS...? There also isn't a circuit breaker for it otherwise I might have used that.

It was mentioned already and I have it on my list. The GNS is turned off with the volume knob of COM 1. But it's indeed missing.

EDIT 3

What does the Electric pitch trim push-button do...? The trimmer seems to be on regardless of what you do with that button.

It doesn't do anything at the moment. It was bringing me in conflict with the manual trim wheel, so I had to leave it out.

EDIT 4

Page 21 of the manual contains quite a few errors

I know and I'm working on it.

Kai