NEW!!! The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III / IV (for AFS 2) available for sale at JustFlight

• I've got a pretty good one so far for the iii - try this .tmd file.

I put a comment "// changed from" then the values just above each line for each setting I changed.

kai503 Please let me know if sharing this is inappropriate and I'll delete the post.

Wow, cool, thanks for this! This saved me a lot of time! Very nice that you added '//changed from' to everything! That made it very easy to apply all changes I wanted manually to the IV version (which I fly) and it works like a charm!

I see you skipped/missed three options which you (or anyone else) might want to add:

// transponder start - SQUAWK

<[input_discrete][TransponderMode][]

<[string8][Input][Communication.TransponderMode]>

<[tmvector2d][Range][ 0.0 4.0 ]>

// changed from 3.0 to 0.0

<[float64][Value][0.0]>

<[string8][EventsUp][ SwitchSound.Trigger ]>

<[string8][EventsDown][ SwitchSound.Trigger ]>

// DME manual

<[input_switch][DMESelectedOn][]

<[string8][Input][DME.OnOff]>

// changed from 1.0 to 0.0

<[float64][Value][0.0]>

<[string8][Events][ ShiftSwitchSound.Trigger ]>

<[string8][EventsRelease][ ShiftSwitchSound.Trigger ]>

// fuel selector

<[input_discrete][FuelSelectorInput][]

<[string8][Input][Controls.FuelSelector]>

<[tmvector2d][Range][ 0.0 2.0 ]>

// changed from 1.0 to 0.0

<[float64][Value][0.0]>

And depending on your preference you might also want to change this:

<[input_switch][ParkingBrakeInput][]

<[string8][Input][Controls.ParkingBrake]>

// changed from 0.0 to 1.0

<[float64][Value][1.0]>

Edited 2 times, last by Flamingpie (July 19, 2019 at 11:36 AM).

• Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome. A few more points. ;)

- Landing light: the scroll wheel option only works on the bottom part of the switch (unlike the other switches). Not a big deal but a bit confusing the first time. ;)

- The large right knob on the GNS (with which you switch pages) turns in the wrong direction: only talking about the animation here! When you scroll up you do get the appropriate screen but the knob seems to turn left instead of right. When you scroll down the knob seems to turn right instead of left.

- The same goes for the large COM2 knob and the large right ADF knob: both turn into the wrong direction. Again: animation only! The value changes are okay: it just looks odd. ;)

- The small COM2 knob has no animation at all.

- The large NAV2 knob also has no animation at all but in addition is also missing sound!

PS I only fly the IV: I haven't checked if the III also has these little errors.

• Wow, cool, thanks for this! This saved me a lot of time! Very nice that you added '//changed from' to everything! That made it very easy to apply all changes I wanted manually to the IV version (which I fly) and it works like a charm!

I see you skipped/missed three options which you (or anyone else) might want to add:

--code

Great, thanks! This was my first time. I'll add those to mine as well.

• Another little odd thing: the GNS map doesn't always update the position.

Here I am on finals at 5.44 nm out.

Here I am at 0.84 nm: the position of the plane on the map hasn't changed at all!

When I quickly switch to another page and back again my position has changed as it should, now at 0.81 nm:

So somehow the update of the position suddenly seems to stop. Can't really tell when it happens exactly. I did scroll through various pages to check things out and after that I noticed this odd behaviour. During my next flight I won't switch pages anymore and see how that works.

EDIT

Another example: I landed in EHHV but the GNS doesn't think so...! It got stuck again after watching some other pages on the GNS. Can't figure what causes this exactly.

BTW Is it correct I can't hear the ident/morse code of a tuned VOR...? I tuned all VOR devices to a nearby VOR station but I couldn't get a sound out of the radio in any way.

Edited 2 times, last by Flamingpie (July 21, 2019 at 7:09 PM).

• LOL! The danger of editing tmd's...!

Today it suddenly was impossible for me to do a proper take off. Power was too low, I could hardly climb at 60 kts but what's even worse: the plane was pulling down and to the right. If I let go of the controller after take off the plane went down hard and specially to the right. I had to pull my joystick up a lot (which results in a very twitchy control) and more than halfway to the right and speed would drop to below 60... It was impossible to fly the plane! I recalibrated my controls in AFS2, restarted the computer, reset the plane, location... nothing helped! Bummer! What's wrong!

After quite a while I decided to try the Arrow III to see if it had the same problems. First thing I noticed was the sound was lower. Must have to do with this being the III and not the IV, I thought. I took off... and everything went perfectly fine! So I restarted the flight with the IV again to see if things had been reset somehow. Hm, the sound is definitely louder in the IV... Took off, bummer, same odd behaviour!

Wait... the sound... the pull down and to the right... I looked to my right for the first time today and yes... the door was still open! =O:D:P I reset the flight, closed the door, started the plane, took off, all is fine! Hahahaha! In my own mods I never left the door open but after seeing Unlikely Spider's mod I decided to leave the door open in my tmd after finishing my edits. Completely forgot about that! LOL

• Wait... the sound... the pull down and to the right... I looked to my right for the first time today and yes... the door was still open!

:D That's why we build all those small things in :)

I'll try to look into the other things tomorrow. Since yesterday it's a bit hectic at my side..

Why? Is it so easy?

Or do you predict I'll be flying that many hours haha😁😁

Noooo. My daughter is almost 5, she flies pretty well, but she always insists that I do the landing :D

I let her only very rarely in front of the computer, but once it was just too cute;

She came to my office, saw the Oculus Rift and asked:

"Papa, what is that thing?"

How could you explain it to a small child? So I asked

"Do you want to fly right now?"

Answer "Yes, of course"

So I was putting her on my lap, loaded the DR400 and putted the Rift on her small head ( I had to support the Rift with the left hand)

"I'm sitting in the plane, I'm sitting in the plane, awesome!!!"

So, I taxied to the runway and there we went

"I'm flying, I'm flying"

Holding the headset with the one hand, flying with the other smoothly and a crazy child on the lap. That's a challenge..

We were almost around the pattern when she lifted her hands in front of the Rift

"I don't see my hands!!!"

She had meanwhile almost forgotten that we were still sitting in the office..

Kai

Edited 3 times, last by kai503 (July 20, 2019 at 8:16 PM).

• Me again! Found another problem: setting the fuel pump to LO disables/turns off the fuel flow meter. It stays at zero even when I turn the fuel pump off again! Only when I set the fuel pump to HI the flow meter starts to move. After that it also is working when the pump is off. But as soon as I set the pump to LO again the fuel flow goes back to zero and stays there, even with the pump off, until I set the pump to HI again. Doesn't seem right, specially since the HI option isn't used during normal procedures (afaik). Now I am forced to set the pump to HI and then off again in order to see the fuel flow during my flight. But even when I do that the flow is at zero after start, during taxi, take off and landing (when the pump has to be set to LO).

This also seems to be linked to the faul gauges which seem to be stuck when the flow meter isn't working. So somehow the entire fuel flow is stuck after setting the pump to LO...?

• Another report. First of all concerning the fuel pump: I also found out that whatever the needle points to is related to how long you have the fuel pump on HI or LO. Briefly set it too HI and the flow won't change, put it a bit longer on HI and then back to normal and the flow might reach 15, keep it on HI for a while and then the flow will be high at normal. Set it to LO (when flow is high) and depending on how long you keep it there the needle will point at something else when you set it to normal. If you keep it at LO for a few seconds the flow will stay at zero on normal all the time. In short: something is really wrong with the fuel flow gauge and the fuel pump and whatever the gauge reads can't be relied on. The fuel quantity gauges also behave odd: sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and I even have the impression sometimes the wrong fuel tank goes down.

Okay, enoough about that. What I wanted to say is that the FPL page on the GNS is erratic. Afaik. From what I remember the DTK should show the DTK from one waypoint to the next. However, the DTK is constanly being updated and always shows the track to any waypoint from your current position. I think that's totally wrong. It should show the same tracks as the Navigation page of AFS2 shows and the DTK shouldn't be changing all the time. I can't for instance set the next course already when I am closing in on a waypoint because you don't see the DTK but the current track. In short: the FPL DTK column is useless as it is now. I have to go to the Navigation page to see what the DTK for the desired waypoint should be. That's odd.

PS Even though the list of bugs and oddities is growing daily I am really enjoying the plane!!! ;) (And btw why doesn't anyone else report things like this...? Am I the only one seeing this?)

• Both of these things are probably mistakes on our side (IPACS), we're not happy with the current fuel system simulation, because of bugs like you just described. This is probably not the fault of Just Flight.

The GPS is also created by IPACS, I'll write it down and will check once I have time to do that. Good thing is I can just adjust it with an update to the aerofly simulator and the add-on aircraft probably won't need any changes or updates (if I did everything correctly that is).

• (And btw why doesn't anyone else report things like this...? Am I the only one seeing this?)

I haven't been flying much lately in AFS2 - just took both PA28R's for a quick ride.

I'd however tend to answer this : because there's currently no decent basic engine/fuel systems simulation in AFS2 GA aircraft :

- mixture is featured as a proportional rpm reducer (no idea where this fancy idea comes from)

- in some aircraft you need to set throttle down to some 40-50% to achieve a standard 75% power cruise setting at 5'500 ft...

- there's no fuel/payload management

- engine on/off, when featured, is quite digital and immediate, especially at fuel cut-off (IRL there's generally enough fuel in the pipes for the engine to run for several seconds if not minutes after fuel cut-off depending on the power setting)

- etc.

Thus, in AFS2 I tend not to look too much a those things and I concentrate on other aspects of flight that are better featured.

I just switch on/off the electrical pump blind to keep up-to-date with my RL check- / do-lists, but I don't expect any result in AFS2.

I don't try mixturing in AFS2 because it's counter-productive, but this doesn't prevent me from mixturing when flying IRL...

If those systems ever get properly integrated in the future to AFS2, I'll start having a look at engine/fuel gauges, but so far there's simply no use, just like there's no use checking for weather reports before flying in AFS2...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thus, in AFS2 I tend not to look too much a those things and I concentrate on other aspects of flight that are better featured.

I just switch on/off the electrical pump blind to keep up-to-date with my RL check- / do-lists, but I don't expect any result in AFS2.

I don't try mixturing in AFS2 because it's counter-productive, but this doesn't prevent me from mixturing when flying IRL...

Yes, well, I know these things aren't working properly yet but 1. I like to look at various things anyway to keep me busy during a flight (otherwise the sim becomes a too basic flying game) and 2. I keep reporting various errors and oddities so hopefully things will change in the future. ;) So even though for instance mixturing is useless I do it, just for the fun of it: I do see a few meters moving when I change the mixture and at this moment that's fine for me. ;) And for now I always set the fuel pump to HI for a few seconds after take off so I do see that fuel flow arrow move. It's odd and useless but I simply like moving things during a flight. ;) I personally can't stand planes in which you can't do anything but move your joystick.

• Hi guys,

How do I keep my freshly purchased arrow up to date? Do I have to download it again each time from justflight website and install it again?

Thanks

Jozeff

No one knows that for sure yet since there hasn't yet been an update but I do think you indeed have to uninstall the old version and reinstall the new one: that's how it worked with the Duchess so I presume it will be the same with the Arrow (even though it's created by someone else). But well, if you can update the plane in another way (like with a smaller hotfix or anything) I am sure we will be told about that. ;)

• How do I keep my freshly purchased arrow up to date? Do I have to download it again each time from justflight website and install it again?

I'm not in charge of the installers, ect., but all what has been coming up till now are small fixes in the TMD. So, I don't see any reason for replacing the whole plane when I small hotfix can do the job.

For the heads-up; Manuel is fixed meanwhile and on the way. Most of the fixes in the TMD are also done and hopefully ready later this week.

Kai