Should I buy the Duchess OR the Turbo Arrow

• Hi everyone,

Was really looking forward to buy a great add-on plane for this amazing sim.

I have a bit experience with a2a planes in P3D but I'm an absolute beginner.

As I have read the Duchess is updated now and is a very good plane. I'm not sure weather a twin engine plane is easy enough to pick up GA flying seriously.

The Arrow is perhaps even better but it is really fresh and new so not many reviews for it.

I can try the Duchess out in Steam so that is awesome. Since there are no demo's available I cannot try the Arrow and return it if I don't like it.

Can anyone give me some idea's. Are these planes behaving as "on rails" as the default C172? I don't like that plane for it kind of very (too) stable behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Jozeff

• I only own the Duchess and can assure you it doesn't fly on rails. At least not on my PC. In all honesty, I find it so unstable I uninstalled it. Other reasons were the sounds which sounds real odd to me (no change in pitch at all, just two sounds that are faded in and out... hard to describe). Luckily, as you said, you can give it a try on Steam. I wish I waited until it was on Steam because then I would have used the refund option. Now I lost the money. Which is why I am very reluctant to buy the Arrow. It's made by someone else and for starters the sound seems to be a lot better (check it out here: Just Flight PA-28 Turbo Arrow IV) but I myself don't like a few of the baked in lighting effects (which shows it is a port from another sim). I think I'll save my money for Deadstick. Or wait at least for the Steam version so I have a refund option.

• Flying in an unstable manner is desirable in a good sim', the real world Cessna does hold height a bit better than a Cherokee series but planes should roll off level flight with slight inattention and drifting up or down a few hundred feet is what normal piloting gives! It takes serious training and professional standard airmanship performance to hold height deviations inside a hundred feet, if it comes easy in the sim it is wrong.

That video's stall's significant wing drop with the slip ball centred is a let down, that is what a Cessna does.

• Hey, the A320 and the q400 are good,large Planes right?

I also like huge cockpits in VR. Which of these big Planes is the best after a couple of updates they released? The a320 or the q400. Are these comparable to the 3rd party add-ons for p3d or xplane11?

A bit off topic I know......

Thanks

Jozeff

• About the sound...they updated that right?

The engine sound of the Duchess didn't really change with the last update. It's still horrible imho. The sound of the Arrow is a hundred times better (according to the video). But hey, apparently most poeple don't mind the sound so... you might not mind either.

The graphics are pretty good and not bad at all but despite the new texture maps they are clearly FSX/P3D-like graphics, with various things (like highlights) baked into them, unlike the default AFS2 planes which I prefer for that reason. I don't really like to see FSX/P3D tech in AFS2. But again, others don't seem to mind...

• I love the graphics of the Arrow. Like the Bucker you can really see the silvery rounded screw heads glinting in response to the light. Fabric/upholstery textures are great too.

• I recently bought the Duchess 76 DLC on steam but I have run into a few issues with the controls. Acceleration during takeoff is sluggish, the parking brakes are wonky, and the amount of back pressure required to get the aircraft off the ground is a touch excessive.This nose-heavy condition happens during climb out and straight and level flight as well, requiring a lot of backwards trim on the elevator to compensate. Is this a bug, or is this merely a peculiarity of this aircraft?

Edited once, last by PzGman (July 29, 2019 at 4:29 AM).

• I recently bought the Duchess 76 DLC on steam but I have run into a few issues with the controls. Acceleration during takeoff is sluggish, the parking brakes are wonky, and the amount of back pressure required to get the aircraft off the ground is a touch excessive.This nose-heavy condition happens during climb out and straight and level flight as well, requiring a lot of backwards trim on the elevator to compensate. Is this a bug, or is this merely a peculiarity of this aircraft?

I get the same things. i’ve crashed into trees on takeoff on occasion with seemingly no climbing power. I get a lot more speed before pulling up now. The brake thing for me is about the toe brakes. However evenly i apply the toe brakes i zig zag around the runway.

• I get the same things. i’ve crashed into trees on takeoff on occasion with seemingly no climbing power. I get a lot more speed before pulling up now. The brake thing for me is about the toe brakes. However evenly i apply the toe brakes i zig zag around the runway.

After a week or so, I finally received an email from the devs asking me to reinstall the DLC. I'll try this and see how it goes.