Does anyone know anyone that might create some new static aircraft for AFS2?

• AFSIK not a single new static aircraft has been introduced since day 1 of Aerofly FS2. We have a mix of really poor models and really outstanding models which leads one to believe the pool was created by different developers. After several years of flying around the IPACS airports and seeing the same exact models at every airport is really getting old for me.

I understand that the better models used as XREF items were created using 3DS Max and Cinema4D which are both considered professional tools.

The users have recently been picking up the slack for scenery development, but, there is only so much we can do without some assistance and especially without the professional tools needed for development.

If there was some interest in this by IPACS we could compile a suggested list of aircraft that we see at our local airports. I would hate to see someone spend a day making some new static aircraft and they all end up being models that I have never seen in my local flying area, hence the idea of a suggested list of aircraft. Aircraft also includes some new helicopters. :)

Regards,

Ray

For instance, wouldn't it be great to be able to create a view like this of an IPACS airport ramp?

• If you have an AI-Traffic Addon you can try to import the models through the ModelConverterX like every other object and place it everywhere you like. I wouldn't do it for flyable models since they are heavy on vertices.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I had some fsx Traffic programs many years ago. I only have FSX SE now so I will see if the updates are still available. Sounds encouraging.

larryLynx, Blender keeps coming up in these forums. Makes you wonder why IPACS doesn’t build the exporter.

I spent the last few hours reading about AI Traffic programs, both freeware and payware. I failed to find any, not a single one, that seems to be friendly to FSX-SE and to my dismay, I failed to find any that has any recent (later than FS2002 or FS9 default) executive jet aircraft included. duh.

• for day, insert month;)

What we need is a blender exporter. Blender is free and as good as the expensive programs

Over to developers on this one

I export blender models to collada files and load them into model converter x, than save them in Aerofly object format

Works for buildings, I see no reason why it shouldn't work for aircraft...

• Ray,

Check out https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global as I think it will work with FSX-SE

Regards

Kenneth

Thanks for the link, Kenneth. Yep looks like the replacement for Traffic360 that is no longer available and it does state that it works with FSX-SE, but, for the GA section it only uses default aircraft. duh. What is with that? I am onto an overseas freeware site that does have quite a few other than default GA aircraft. I will have a steep learning curve but, maybe it will keep me busy while IPACS does its thing at their pace. :)

Good to hear from you.

• Thanks for the link, Kenneth. Yep looks like the replacement for Traffic360 that is no longer available and it does state that it works with FSX-SE, but, for the GA section it only uses default aircraft. duh. What is with that? I am onto an overseas freeware site that does have quite a few other than default GA aircraft. I will have a steep learning curve but, maybe it will keep me busy while IPACS does its thing at their pace. :)

Good to hear from you.

Ray,

ORBX also has some freeware GA traffic addons for North America and Australia. These add a considerable collection of animated types, way beyond the default. Might prove useful to you..

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware