Freeware scenery list links working again

• Unfortunately, there was no way of an automatic repair of the broken links to https://flight-sim.org/ on my

AeroflyFS2 Freeware Sceneries List

These links were broken as a result of a recent software update, which as such is highly welcome as it allows upload of much larger files. Thus, I had to swallow the bitter pill of updating the > 300 links the hard way, i.e. by hand.

All links should be working again, if not, drop me a note. I'll add recent Freeware additions including the famous Apollo-50 project over the next weekend.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Indeed, it is unfortunately regrettable and discouraging, after such work that you have provided for the entire community. It's a real wonder this download table. Good luck for your efforts and thank you for everything!:thumbup:

Cheers, Tomfa;)

PS: This addition of chrispriv would also be welcome Thanks!

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…atel-colombier/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll add all missing files during the next days. There have been several exciting new projects recently, including Apollo-50, Neuchatel, and others. Plus, I am sure we'll see another outburst after the new AeroScenery will become available. Like most of us, I'm also much looking forward to the Living World demo.

The new flight-sim.org server software will certainly make the smaller number of larger files better managable for all involved - the developer, the end user and me.:)

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hello Michael:

Some time ago I tried to download the island of Tenerife (which I know well from my vacation there), from your link, and I was surprised that it didn't work. I assumed it was not finished yet. But I see that the problem was another: the breaking of that link as a result of an update.

I guess repairing it manually is a laborious job. Can it be repeated again as a result of another update? If the answer is affirmative, it is very laborious to keep all this compilation ready to download. In addition, that collection of freeware will continue to grow.

I hope you don't need to repair that anomaly again. Thanks for that huge job.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Some time ago I tried to download the island of Tenerife (which I know well from my vacation there), from your link, and I was surprised that it didn't work.

Should work again. Took me around 4 hrs. Supposedly a small amount of time compared to what each member of the Apollo-50 team invested or what Michael (IZ0JUB) spent for Finland alone.:)

I hope this will not happen again, because the (fortunately) growing number of uploads exponentiates the effort indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

• As of today, the list is up to date again. I am really happy to see people obviously USING it.

Initially, I intended to download, install and try all sceneries, but I soon detected, this would require months of work, so I had to restrict to the areas I am interested in. We users can be really happy to have such busy developers on board!

Kind regards, Michael

• For both Michaels, (IZOJUB and pmb)

I have downloaded "Tenerife cultivations" and "Tenerife island". The download works correctly. The sizes are, 40.9 MB. and the 328 MB. respectively, and I found something that seems very strange to me.

After having incorporated these downloads according to this criterion:

C \ .... aircrft \ scenery \ places \ Tenerife cutivation 2019

I note that, after adding (linking), "Tenerife cultivation" to Places, very elementary buildings scattered on the surface of the Island appear on the ground, as well as some vegetation (very randomly distributed trees). This is the purpose of Tenerife cultivation.

Below I have also linked to places \ TENERIFE BING 2389 2019. (in parallel with Tenerife cultivation) and has no effect.

The mesh or resolution of the territory, remains exactly the same (very low resolution), as before the download of 328 MB.

This question arises: What effects does "Tenerife island = TENERIFE BING 2389 2019" produce on the Island?. What am I doing wrong?

To both, kind regards: Delfin

• I am afraid I can't help you here, as I use the Tenerife made by Taburet (only). Probably Michael (I)/ IZOJUB can help here. However, I already noticed that

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…fe-cultivation/

seems to have been uploaded (or classified) to a wrong place, namely "Textures for Sceneries" while it is actually Cultivation.

Kind regards, Michael

• Hello Delfin,

If I have understood correctly you have placed the photo scenery into places that's where the cultivation (only) has to go.

That's why you are looking at the default scenery very low resolution.

Photo scenery must go to Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator, scenery, images, "Tenerife Bing 2.389 2019"

Kindest regards,

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (July 25, 2019 at 6:00 PM).

• Hi Michaels, ( IZOJUB and pmb )

Finally everything works correctly; My question was in which of the folders I should copy the correct programs. Clarified this by IZOJUB, everything works fine, and frankly, with better resolution than I expected.

I repeated the operation with the island Gran Canaria, and also everything correct.

I added the 2 airports of Phil (Spit 40) "FSCloudPort" to Tenerife and two others to Gran Canaria, which makes it much more beautiful, traveling around the island and thus being able to land on anyone.

It is possible that within a few days, make a request to fellow Forum experts in "scenario cultivation." There is a region where I live, which I would like to cultivate.

Once again, thank you very much IZOJUB and pmb.

• It is possible that within a few days, make a request to fellow Forum experts in "scenario cultivation." There is a region where I live, which I would like to cultivate.

Once again, thank you very much IZOJUB and pmb.

You certainly can ask. I am not that fluent doing cultivation myself, but I can imagine someone to jump in. If memory serves me right, Michael I (IZOJUB) has already done a few areas requested.

Kind regards, Michael (II)

• Good Morning Delfin,

Great news every thing is working OK.

Yes I can make cultivation for you, I would be happy to do that, I assume its a small area?

If you have already made the photo scenery tile for your area I only require the bottom left corner and top right corner co-ordinates so I can cultivate the exact area.

Kindest regards, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Just found and used your excellent link page, pmb, much appreciated, thank you.

Downloaded and copied/installed Zealand and Northen Germany, IZOJUB, really fantastic to be able to fly over such scenery and freeware. Even my own house I can ovefly with the Bing images.

One problem though :) where do I find the airports for the area? Navaids are popping up in the navigation map, but no airports, I guess they must be installed seperately.

I can land the c172 at EKAE, but that the image, not airport layout, the grass strip is easy to locate.

Greetings Kurt!

Aerofly FS2, P3Dv4, FSW and X-plane11

• One problem though :) where do I find the airports for the area?

That's an easy one, they are here

http://www.fscloudport.com/

as mentioned on top of my list, btw.:)

Kind regards, Michael