Freeware scenery list links working again

• Good Morning Delfin,

Yes I can make cultivation for you, I would be happy to do that, I assume its a small area?

If you have already made the photo scenery tile for your area I only require the bottom left corner and top right corner co-ordinates so I can cultivate the exact area.

Kindest regards, Michael.

Hello Michael

What follows, I planned to publish it in the Forum, hoping someone would offer to do for me, a crop in my area of residence and its surroundings including a couple of airports: Santiago de Compostela and La Coruña (LEST and LECO), distant from each other over 50 km.

"I have seen in:" AeroflyFS2 Freeware Sceneries List "an extensive collection of crops from different areas in several continents and nations. I suppose that some of the users of this Forum make certain areas for reasons of proximity, or family region, or their nation But surely others randomly cultivated areas without taking into account any sentimental reason.

Would anyone be willing to do the cultivation of my city, its surroundings including the airport of Santiago de Compostela (LEST and LECO distant from the first about 50 km.). ? "

After reading the advice of "pmb", and subsequently your volunteer offer, you have left me deeply impressed with that quick response.

I had been thinking about this for some time, but it seemed a bit daring to apply for this job, which I do not know at all, and that besides my limited time available, it does not allow me to start studying all this series of programs, to simply cultivate this area, since I'm not fond of cultivating other territories.

You say assume it is a small area; well, what is the extent of the area that you assume reasonably small?

I am really interested in a certain resolution in the cities and their surroundings, the rest matters less to me. I guess then those areas with different resolutions can be joined giving a sense of continuity.

As I do not know the time it takes to make these cultivations depending on the area to be cultivated, I do not want (because of my ignorance), to send you something that is too much for you to work, so I strongly urge you to tell me with absolute sincerity, the area that you consider 'reasonably small', expressed in km ^ 2. View your answer, I will provide you with the coordinates.

Thank you very much for your advice pmb, (Michael II) and greatly grateful for your offer Michael.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Only as a sidenote: I think Santiago de Compostela would be famous enough to be interesting to other users, too. I certainly would give it a spin. Unfortunately, I doubt the beautiful airport can be properly represented by means of FSClouport alone, but it should be sufficient to have at least a runway and terminal and such.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hello Delfin,

Its been a bit of a geography lesson in first locating both Cities.

I ran it through "AeroScenery" with size 9 tiles with 2.389 PIX/M resolution (this is the resolution I always use) and it seems to cover 5 in total with a lot of sea!

For clarity you require both photo scenery and cultivation?

I have no knowledge on making airports.

Picture attached for you to confirm that I have the correct part of Spain?

Thanks.

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Only as a sidenote: I think Santiago de Compostela would be famous enough to be interesting to other users, too. I certainly would give it a spin. Unfortunately, I doubt the beautiful airport can be properly represented by means of FSClouport alone, but it should be sufficient to have at least a runway and terminal and such.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael

Thank you for your advice about this city. Indeed, FSCloudport has long since downloaded it there, but as you say, it is extraordinarily simple and very poor in all its buildings. Well, it really has no buildings.

I find it surprising that the Tenerife South airport is much more elaborate than the Santiago airport. Even Tenerife north (Los Rodeos), where the biggest global aviation catastrophe has happened. In that I got a great disappointment when I downloaded Santiago (LEST); Nothing to do with reality. Of course, its author, (Spit40 = Phil) I understand that he cannot stop excessively in setting up a large infrastructure of buildings, given the large number of airports he has designed all over the world.

In spite of everything, once downloaded, its environment earns a lot in colorful. This has happened to me in Tenerife and Gran Canaria, which once 2 airports are downloaded on each Island, offers another much more real and pleasant aspect.

And with regard to the Canary Islands: I have observed that buildings and cities have a much more realistic aspect in Gran Canaria, than in Tenerife. I guess it is due to the mesh used in cultivation.

Yes, as you say, I guess this city could be interesting for more users. It would be necessary and very convenient to use a high resolution mesh for the city; It would cost work, but it would be a work of art given its architecture.

Well Michael, thank you very much for your interest and contribution of information.

• Good afternoon, Michael

You have given me a very pleasant surprise: I did not expect you to carry out such extensive cultivation. I was satisfied with half. Double thanks for choosing such a large area.

The learning of Geography, in a way it was my fault, for not having described the situation of those cities, but that has happened, because I expected to send you the coordinates, before you started work, which you would try less.

Having seen the map you send me, you will make these modifications:

1). Move vertically and down, and to the left, until the city of Ferrol, is in the upper right corner, (but that city, is visible in cultivation).

2) .- Made this displacement of the tiles, Cape Finisterre, (completely to the left of the map), will be inside another tile, and as we have one left over, you will place it below the other four, in such a way that in it, the cities of Pontevedra and Vigo will enter. In Vigo, we also have another airport. Do not worry about airports, I hope to install them myself.

Not in the most favorable situation, did I expect such surface coverage.

I'm sorry I don't have the tools to make you that graphic modification, but I hope you understood my explanation.

Once that modification is made, send it to me through the Forum, but see if it suits me, and you can start the cultivation work.

Thank you very much for all your effort

• Hello again Delfin,

I have modified my map and numbered the tiles. These tiles are fixed size in "AeroScenery" to make photo scenery. I follow the same tile size to make cultivation.

I'm still not clear is it ONLY cultivation you are after or both cultivation and photo scenery?

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

• Good night, Michael

I don't understand why you don't make the modifications I suggested; Didn't you save two tiles?

I also don't understand very well the difference between: cultivation alone, and cultivation and photo scenery. What is the difference?.

The Canary Islands, have the two processes mentioned here, or only cultivation ?.

Well, I want what most closely resembles the photographic scenario. In other words, I would like to have a vision of the stage that I fly, like the one we have in Google earth., But according to what I know, that is impossible at the moment.

• Hi Delfin,

Its not about saving tiles as the coastline to the west is important as part of the realism of photo scenery, well it is in my book?

The terms used of cultivation refer to buildings and vegetation whereas photo scenery is just that made from downloaded satellite images using Nick Hod's wonderful FREE "AeroScenery".

If you are referring to my Canary Islands they offer both cultivation and photo scenery.

Kind regards, Michael.

Hello again Delfin,

I have modified my map and numbered the tiles. These tiles are fixed size in "AeroScenery" to make photo scenery. I follow the same tile size to make cultivation.

I'm still not clear is it ONLY cultivation you are after or both cultivation and photo scenery?

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

Hi, Michael,

in Spain in FSCloudPort there are now 3 airfields in this area which can be taken into account for cultivation:

- LECO (Coruña) (Author: me)

- LEST (Santiago de Compostela) (Author: StrongSafety)

- LEVX (Vigo) (Author: me)

By tomorrow night, I plan to have the buildings ready as best I can.

In Coruña we still have problems with the elevation, let's see how this can be solved.

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• That's great news Michael and thanks in advance for adding another airfield to this part of Spain.

If there is sufficient interest in this area I will look at making both scenery and cultivation what do you think?

Not forgetting of course I need to get back to both Finland and Germany projects too.

Kindest Regards, Michael.

• Again, good afternoon, Michael

Well, read and understand your explanation correctly, go ahead with Cultivation and photo scenery.

You have already chosen the area to transform and provide the right resolution with great success, which also exceeds what I initially expected. With that area, treated with both procedures, I consider myself very satisfied.

In addition, it seems that as of tomorrow, I will have the other two airports, in La Coruña and Vigo, with which my satisfaction will be complete. For all this, very grateful colleagues, you give me much more, than I dared to request.

Very grateful for your selfless effort. You are formidable

Kind regards : Delfin

• That's great news Michael and thanks in advance for adding another airfield to this part of Spain.

If there is sufficient interest in this area I will look at making both scenery and cultivation what do you think?

Not forgetting of course I need to get back to both Finland and Germany projects too.

Kindest Regards, Michael.

Good Morning Michael (I),

I will gladly accompany your work with the images and cultivation also in Spain.

In Ireland I am finished with all airfields and in Northern Germany and Denmark I only have to design a few airfields. In Finland there is more to do.

My experience with creating airfields in FSCloudPort is meanwhile quite high, so that this also goes fast. In the meantime I always try to find the AIRPORTCHARTs to be as accurate as possible.

I will ask Phil to add some additional buildings (terminals, gates, shelters) to the catalog.

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• Good morning, Michael III:

I have observed that you are also a good designer of airports, and I have also seen that, in Gran Canaria (Canary Islands), an Airodrome of ultralight aircraft called "Berriel Airfield" has been built in addition to airports.

In the area that is going to do cultivation and photo scenery Michael in the Northwest of Spain, specifically the fifth tile that covers the south of Galicia and Northern Portugal, there is a large airfield called 'Cerval'.

It is the second most important aeroclub in the Iberian Peninsula = Spain and Portugal. The name is 'Cerval Aerodrome'. There are about 80 airplanes, mostly ultralight and where I have developed a good part of my air activity since 1995, as a result, I have a very good relationship with the partners of this Aeroclub.

This airfield has these coordinates: N.41º58'24 '' and W.8º40'27 ''. (data obtained from Google Earth).

Can I ask you to add to the aforementioned of Michael, this airfield? With this gift this processed area would be of great beauty to me and all those who wish to fly this latitude.

In advance, thank you very much

kind regards: Delfin

In the area that is going to do cultivation and photo scenery Michael in the Northwest of Spain, specifically the fifth tile that covers the south of Galicia and Northern Portugal, there is a large airfield called 'Cerval'.

Hi Delfin,

the Aerodrome do Cerval ist ready in FSCloudPort: LP_CERVAL (no ICAO)

Notes:

1. The elevation in this area are unfortunately not so well designed that you can roll well over the airfield, and I can't design elevations.
    2. I don't know the images yet, so I have aligned the buildings according to GoogleMaps.

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Hi Michael III

Good and pleasant surprise you have given me: I already have the Cerval airfield installed on my PC. I found it very surprising, that the airfield has and with all details, all the buildings (hangars, restaurant, etc). It is the first airport (airfield in this case), which I have seen performed with absolute precision.

Now with the completion of Michael's Photoescenery, I will find it very rewarding to fly in my Aeroclub from my own home and with a multitude of airplanes. Absolutely unexpected surprise!

I have also downloaded Vigo Airport (LEVX), but La Coruña Airport (LECO), you have not finished it yet. I have also downloaded the one from Asturias (LEAS), but, of course, without cultivation and photoescenery, these runways offer no interest.

I do not know the commitments that Michael will have, depending on what he has written in the previous post, that if there were interest he would continue executing more scenarios in Spain. Of course, all of Northern Spain with its cities and land with lots of greens, and houses dotted with the countryside, would be very pleasant. But I do not dare to request it because I do not know their plans and commitments

Well, I am very grateful for the pleasant surprises you have given me.

• Hi Delfin,

Aerodromo do Cerval was easy because the terrain is flat and even. All objects (buildings, static airfields) are automatically set to the correct height.

This is different in Coruñja, where the elevation of the landscapes do not fit. But I can't adjust it, maybe someone does it occasionally.

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I have also downloaded Vigo Airport (LEVX), but La Coruña Airport (LECO), you have not finished it yet. I have also downloaded the one from Asturias (LEAS), but, of course, without cultivation and photoescenery, these runways offer no interest.

Hi Delfin,

Do you know this beautiful scenery from brunnobellic?

"Asturias airport northern spain" Highly recommended!:thumbup:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…spain/#comments

Best regards, Jakob

• Hi Delfin,

Do you know this beautiful scenery from brunnobellic?

"Asturias airport northern spain" Highly recommended!:thumbup:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…spain/#comments

Best regards, Jakob

Hi Jakob

Of course I know that 'beautiful scenery', not only because I have flown several times in that Airport, but because I have relatives in a small town 10 km from that Airport (Soto del Barco), and also a brother in Gijón.

Now that airport, with its real buildings and that vegetation, if it is real, yes, is a great pleasure and enjoys landing, taking off and flying on that stage; naturally, for those of us who know him in real life and have enjoyed there. Thank you very much Jakob, and thank you very much 'brunnobellic', for your effort and time that you dedicate to us selflessly, something that honors you and that you deserve all my thanks, for offering me all this in exchange for nothing.

Tell me this Jakob, if you couldn't, I ask brunnobellic:

Indeed, the new scenario changes radically. Is this due to the cultivation-only process, or does it also have photoscenery included?. What mesh resolution have you used in this scenario?

I ask this, because the only real sample that I have of these processes, are the islands of Tenerife and Gran Canaria. According to Michael, both processes were applied there, and I suppose that with a higher resolution than the one applied in Asturias brunnobellic, because the resolution is significantly higher. In Asturias, for example, the cities of Avilés and Gijón, are seen with low density of buildings; other smaller towns, or are not seen, or it is simply impossible to identify them, as the case of 'Soto del Barco'.

Once again, to both of you my thanks for everything done