AeroScenery Beta Releases

• It should be closed automatically if you're using the wrapper. I'll do some more testing with GeoConvert and the new tile sources, but it shouldn't make a difference.

I made some more tiles, and the ESC window does not close reliably when I use the Wrapper. I may make something odd, of course, but hard to tell what. As an example, I regularly minimize the GeoConvert windows. However, otherwise they always regain focus after a few seconds interrupting my normal work.

Until IPACS put some more time into GeoConvert, these issues with persist unfortunately.

I recall you begging for this for a year ... or longer? And it's certainly not rocket science....

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Until IPACS put some more time into GeoConvert, these issues with persist unfortunately.

IPACS, I am sorry to say this:

You always say you are proud of the users who develop for AFS2 and that you will support them.

Geoconvert is THAT central element for the development.

Couldn't you spend just a little bit of time to optimize it?

(Especially closing it itself when done??)

Cheers,

Thomas

Cheers, Thomas

• Official Post

So, will this all work better if the geoconvert window just closed when complete? I can look into this.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes! Some years ago i posted the idea to start geconvert with a parameter like -autoexit or -close to close it automatically if wanted. In addition to that an exit code 0 / <> 0 would be nice to see if it ran without/with errors.

Regards

Win10-x64 | ASUS X370Pro | Ryzen 5 1600X | G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 | 2TB SSD Samsung 860 | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 |
    ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q 100Hz | TM T.16000M | CH Pro Pedals | CH Flight Sim Yoke | Oculus Rift

• In addition to that an exit code 0 / <> 0 would be nice to see if it ran without/with errors.

Regards

... and to start another instance when it's done for making several tiles one after another as in AeroScenery.

Nick certainly can specify details after he'll be back from holiday.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• As an example, I regularly minimize the GeoConvert windows. However, otherwise they always regain focus after a few seconds interrupting my normal work.

Ah, that's the issue. I'm having to force the window to the foreground to screenshot it to detect when it's done.

It'll work well if you're not interacting with the computer, but if you're doing other work it's likely to fail.

Let's hope IPACS improve GeoConvert to make this all unnecessary.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Ah, that's the issue. I'm having to force the window to the foreground to screenshot it to detect when it's done.

It'll work well if you're not interacting with the computer, but if you're doing other work it's likely to fail.

Let's hope IPACS improve GeoConvert to make this all unnecessary.

We will get geoconvert to close when completed rather than having to press ESC. I'm sure this will help considerably. Just give us a few weeks as some of us are on vacation currently.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I am very sorry to ask such a stupid question but how can install Aeroscenery? In the AerosceneyInstaller folder there are 4 files with the extensions: .sln .wax .wixproj and .wxs...

Download this zip file:

https://github.com/nickhod/aerosc…/tag/1.1.0-beta

Kind regards, Michael

• I have downloaded and installed Aeroscenery, I continued with steps 1 to 8 apparently correctly, but in step 9, I can't find 'start' to continue. What was I supposed to do wrong?

This is the image I have of Aeroscenery right in this traffic jam.

Grandson, you have inspired me to download Aeroscenery. Have you had no problem at this point?

If you confirm the settings with "OK" and return to the main window, "Start" is on the l.h.s. below "Install Scenery in AFS Scenery folder". It might be invisible for you as the lower part of AeroScenery is hidden by the task bar, just raise it a bit.

Kind regrads, Michael

• Hi Michael

In my previous post, for lack of time I could not finish it or send the image that I accompany here.

I suppose that the "Start" to which we both refer, is an integral part of Aeroescenery, (and not Windows). In this case, I don't see that 'button' anywhere. I wonder what I did wrong, so that it is not visible. Let's see if in view of this image, you illuminate my dark tunnel.

All fields filled with Aeroscenery, in your opinion, are correctly filled, both in this image and in the previous one?

Kind regards: Delfin

P.S. The system told me that this file is too big. I will try a smaller copy

• The "Start" button is of course a part of the program itself.

See the lower left. It's grey right now as no tile is selected yet.

I am still afraid it's hidden by the task bar in your case. Just try to make the program window smaller so it fits completely into the screen. And of course confirm the settings screen with "OK".

Kind regards, Michael

• Again with you, Michael

I regret these setbacks for my lack of experience in these matters

The file of the full screen image is = 1.7 MB. The system only supports = 1 MB. As I do not reduce those 1.7 MB to less than 1 MB. I have copied only part of the map, which in any case, I suppose is enough to analyze my problem.

Does that image help you to discover where my mistake is?

I apologize for having to solve a certain problem that is very simple, but you know: "the first time, it is always difficult, although for the experienced it is very simple."

Ya veo que has deducido lo que te iba a preguntar: "que me enviaras una imagen tuya" . Nada que ver con la mia.

All fields filled with Aeroscenery, in your opinion, are correctly filled, both in this image and in the previous one?

Kind regards: Delfin

• I think the fields are properly filled, but from your screen shot (seen in full size) I still feel the lower part of the program is hidden under the taskbar.

First make sure the Program is in windowed mode. Click once upon the little box in the upper right, if it isn't.

You may then try to shrink the program window by gripping the upper left corner with the mouse and shifting that corner to the right/bottom. Afterwards, you should be able to grip the (now smaller window) and shift it to the top so that the upper end with the Start button will become visible.

Kind regards, Michael