AeroScenery Beta Releases

• I think it may just be you and yours. :) My thoughts were, wow, it couldn't get much easier than this. I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, looked for the exe file and clicked on it. I was up and running in less than a minute.

So yea. 8o

• The problem is already discovered: deleted the folder "17-geoconvert.ttc", the problem was gone.

Regards: Delfin

Hi Delfin,

If you're still struggling with this I'd recommend you take a quick look through the IPACS wiki to familiarise yourself with the concepts underlying scenery creation.

Then, take a look through the excellent guide to AeroScenery written by crispy136

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…oscenery-guide/

Although I've tried to make the app as simple as possible, AeroScenery documentation is almost none existent from my side, which I hope to address soon.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Switzerland appears to be working like charm !

I am almost complete in ZL17.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• New Beta Release v1.1.1

https://github.com/nickhod/aerosc…-1.1.1-beta.zip

This (possibly) fixes the issue with missing USGS tiles.

Any easy way to confirm is to open the tile download directory, sort by size and show previews in Windows explorer.

Any small tiles and don't have a preview are bad.

Unfortunately tile errors seem to happen all the time with USGS, so the retries we now have to do make the download even slower

• However Zoom Level 16 is not a good friend of mine ;)

It's not a good friend of mine either. ;)

Kind of ironic that USGS is one of the few "free" providers of high res imagery, yet the most locked down in terms of automated download.

I will email them to confirm that there's no automated way of getting high res tiles.

• I just got an exception as follows:

(The process can't access the file... as it's in use by another process):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "I:\Aeroscenery\Release\working\map_09_e480_a200\arcg\17\arcg_17_117065_48068.aero" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)

bei AeroScenery.Download.DownloadManager.SaveImageTileAeroFile(XmlSerializer xmlSerializer, ImageTile imageTile, String path) in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\Download\DownloadManager.cs:Zeile 292.

bei AeroScenery.Download.DownloadManager.<>c__DisplayClass5_2.<<DownloadImageTiles>b__0>d.MoveNext() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\Download\DownloadManager.cs:Zeile 117.

--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---

bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

bei AeroScenery.Download.DownloadManager.<DownloadImageTiles>d__5.MoveNext() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\Download\DownloadManager.cs:Zeile 170.

--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---

bei AeroScenery.AeroSceneryManager.<StartSceneryGenerationProcessAsync>d__41.MoveNext() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\AeroSceneryManager.cs:Zeile 369.

bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

bei AeroScenery.AeroSceneryManager.<<Initialize>b__37_0>d.MoveNext() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\AeroSceneryManager.cs:Zeile 160.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is downloading ArcGis Zoom 17, all actions selected except Geoconvert. AeroScenery is stuck with all progress bars at 100%. Version is still 1.1.0.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hi Nick,

One other thing I noted is that the airports don't reliably display. The log shows the error:-

2019-08-07 14:42:37 (INFO) AeroScenery v1.1.1 Started

2019-08-07 14:42:38 (ERROR) Error scraping FSCloudPort airports"

Regards, Chris

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• Hi Nick,

One other thing I noted is that the airports don't reliably display. The log shows the error:-

2019-08-07 14:42:37 (INFO) AeroScenery v1.1.1 Started

2019-08-07 14:42:38 (ERROR) Error scraping FSCloudPort airports"

Regards, Chris

Thanks Chris,

The next beta release will focus on fixing some bugs, like this one, and adding some other requested features like multi-tile install.

• Have updated my user information guide for AeroScenery version 1.1.0 and above to include new features. This mainly for use by those new to AeroScenery.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…-1-0-and-above/

That's a great document for anyone to work seriously with AeroScenery.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• It took me today 4 hours for downloading 1 Bing Grid (size 9), ZL 17, AFS-Level 9, 11, 12, 13 ,14. ?( Some time ago I needed only approx. 30 minutes. What is your experience?

This is about right from my past experiences. But for me it's usually 3 to 3.5 hours.

30 mins for Grid 9, ZL 17, AFS-Level 9,11,12,13,14 just doesn't sound possible.

I avoid AFS Level 14 with only Zoom level 17. I don't find much of a difference from 13. ( I'm sure there is, but it takes more time and storage) To each his own.