AeroScenery Beta Releases

• 30 mins for Grid 9, ZL 17, AFS-Level 9,11,12,13,14 just doesn't sound possible.

That was the normal time for downing the image tiles. GeoConverting is another story. This takes approx. 2.5 hours.

The same happened to me 2 days ago. Google loaded about 10 times faster.

I just tried with Google: 19 minutes download time (ZL 17)

I just carried out an experiment size 9 tile over Wales using Bing zoom level 16 which is my usual download AFS levels 9, 11, 12 and 13.

It took 13 minutes to complete the download, my internet speed is 30 MBs

Lucky you. Bing is still every slow, even with ZL 16 (Yellowstone NP).

• Bonjour à tous,

J'espère que mon message en français sera compris.

J'essaye d'installer aeroscenery 1.1.1 beta mais je ne vois pas de dossier database.

J'ai donc une erreur fatale.
    un peu d'aide serait la bienvenue.

Merci.

• Re:

I'have found origin of my problem
    The security of windows is too high, i desactivate the antivirus and the prog run very well.

I have to find how to modify my parameters to have a little protection.

• Hi, I seem to be getting this error on startup with both the MSI and ZIP version...

unable to open database file

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

at AeroScenery.Data.SqlLiteDataRepository.UpgradeSchema() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\Data\SqlLiteDataRepository.cs:line 232

at AeroScenery.AeroSceneryManager.Initialize() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\AeroSceneryManager.cs:line 139

at AeroScenery.Program.Main() in D:\Work\AeroScenery\Source\AeroScenery\Program.cs:line 36

I am a software engineer and personally used SQL lite 3 myself, what I can understand is why it is looking at "D:\work", I have a D drive but it has no files on, was used a "backup drive"? Why is it defaulting to there?

Thanks

Andy

• Hi, I seem to be getting this error on startup with both the MSI and ZIP version...

It's failing to create and open an SQL lite database in your Windows "My Documents\AeroScenery" folder.

Why that should be case, I'm not sure. Try running as Administrator to see if it's a permissions issue?

Delete anything already in "My Documents\AeroScenery".

(Use the zip version in the first post of this thread).

"D:\work" is where the source file was that the exception is generated from. (I should be catching and handling that exception with a more friendly error message).

• Just a question on that SQL thingy. I had to reinstall MS Office a few days ago, which actually isn't a big thing. At this point the 32 bit version refused to install because I have a 64 bit Access SQL database (or something similar - I don't recall the exact wording) already installed. Did this come with AeroScenery?

Not a big deal, I just installed the 64 bit version of Office working fine now. However, I recall these might have issues in cooperating with some 32 bit plugins. At least I had such issues with Office 64 bit some years ago.

Kind regards, Michael