AeroScenery Beta Releases

• What I would recommend is:

(...)

Additional recommendation:

- first Geoconvert in Level 9 only (or Levels 9 & 11 if you want - this should be a rather fast process) to check everything runs smooth.

Launch higher levels afterwards, as a separate batch.

To do this, you just edit the TMC file with Notepad (or better, Notepad++) and comment (add initial // to the lines) blocks for levels you want to ignore.

Since there's little hope the Geoconvert tool will soon (ever?) be fixed, an idea would be Aeroscenery to automatically generate separate, Levels-groups-specific TMC's for manually launching Geoconvert => 1 TMC for Levels 9 & 11, and another for higher selected Levels...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Thank you very much for your work Nickhod.

I have just created my first tils above the Roclincourt aerodrome near Arras in France.

I will continue but I think to change my computer because my Intel I core 7 with 8GB of memory is a little fair.
    5 hours for one tils size 14, 1.94 m / pixel
    https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Aérodrome+d'Arras+-+Roclincourt/@50.3307193,2.7835659,6269m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47dd37dd6ae52e31:0xec2d6711ccda7f6f!8m2!3d50.3228747!4d2.802726

• Nick,

GeoConvert wrapper isn’t working. I do have Use GeoConvert Wrapper on in the settings. When the first grid is done. The green “GeoConvert has finished press esc.” comes up but, doesn’t go on to the second grid. Pressing esc. it will continue with the next grid.

• Nick,

GeoConvert wrapper isn’t working. I do have Use GeoConvert Wrapper on in the settings. When the first grid is done. The green “GeoConvert has finished press esc.” comes up but, doesn’t go on to the second grid. Pressing esc. it will continue with the next grid.

I'll check to see if a new SDK release has broken this functionality.

What I would recommend though is to try it when you're not using other apps on your computer. Unfortunately GeoConvert is buggy and seems to have several problems with restarting or hanging when other apps are being used.

If that's not the issue, you can always disable GeoConvert Wrapper in the AeroScenery settings.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I recall IPACS once stated they would try to correct the GeoConvert closing issues when calling it from AeroScenery? So perhaps they did with the latest version and there is no longer a need for GeoConvert Wrapper? Just an idea... who knows?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• It seems that Geoconverter has not been touched in the recent SDK aerofly_fs_2_sdk_tools_20191223.

The geoconverter,exe changing date is 25.06.201 12:05.

I checked it with AeroScenery v1.1.1 with activated Geoconvert Wrapper, and it still works fine.

However I would prefer, if admin could include a changelog for this latest SDK. Indeed he said to support freeware developers more.

We hope to support all those freeware developers more, with upcoming updates.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited once, last by TomSimMuc (January 4, 2020 at 10:11 AM).

• What I would recommend though is to try it when you're not using other apps on your computer. Unfortunately GeoConvert is buggy and seems to have several problems with restarting or hanging when other apps are being used.

If that's not the issue, you can always disable GeoConvert Wrapper in the AeroScenery settings.

The only thing running is AeroScenery. I disabled GeoConvert Wrapper and do fewer grid tiles at the same time. It works for what I have left to do.

• What I would recommend though is to try it when you're not using other apps on your computer. Unfortunately GeoConvert is buggy and seems to have several problems with restarting or hanging when other apps are being used.

Hello,

First thank a lot or this great work :)

I can confirm this :

If launching AeroScenery alone, it does not stop until all tiles are done

If I am using other apps in the while (coud even be only my browser), I have to press "escape" after each tile...

• Thanks for making this available, Nick.

Has anyone experience with this? Is "Here WeGo" (which is the former Nokia Maps as I understand it) better w.r.t. clouds (or rather lack of) and color consistency than Bing or Google?

What do we know about licensing/redistribution terms?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Quick answer from myself: Just looked up the Hokkaido, JP, area, which I once was experimenting with for AeroflyFS2, in the browser and it seems to be quite cloudy.:( Colors seem to be rather consistent, though.

Kind regards, Michael

• Has anyone experience with this? Is "Here WeGo" (which is the former Nokia Maps as I understand it) better w.r.t. clouds (or rather lack of) and color consistency than Bing or Google?

What do we know about licensing/redistribution terms?

It seems to use similar image sources to Bing, but not always identical.

Licensing is proprietary as far as I know.

• Ah, thanks.

Kind regards, Michael

• Version 1.1.3 of AeroScenery is now available

https://github.com/nickhod/aerosc…/tag/1.1.3-beta

https://github.com/nickhod/aerosc…-1.1.3-beta.zip

In this version;

• Temporary fix for HereWeGo maps version change
    • USGS source working again
    • Added GuleSider Orthophoto Source
    • Add option to disable confirmation message when running multiple GeoConvert concurrently

• Hi Nick,

thank you very much for correcting the USGS routines.

A fast test seems to work fine.

However I can see some black squares. Do you still try to fetch them a second time, if you receive a black one?

Is there a log, where one could see, that they were not transfered?

Cheers, Thomas