AeroScenery Beta Releases

• Hello Nick,

I read this in another thread. I was not aware that FSET returns sharper images than AeroScenery. Is it possible to bump your AutoScenery up to the same level as FSET?

"FSET makes sharper images then Aeroscenery.

The reason is, FSET uses a different access to the Google database, which is one step higher resolved"

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• The reason is, FSET uses a different access to the Google database, which is one step higher resolved"

Hmm. AeroScenery gets whatever zoom level you tell it to from Google.

If someone wants "one step higher", they should use a step higher :)

Maybe I'm missing something?

It's possible that different Google servers are being used by FSET, which could lead to a difference in output.

I use the same servers used by Google Maps though, which I would imagine serve the latest imagery.

Saying all that, the Google url is editable in the AeroScenery config if anyone wants to experiment with it.

• Thanks Nick. maybe one our scenery gurus will look into this and make a comparison. I am always looking for a "little sharper image". 8o

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• This is the current working configs for Google in FSET.

[Service2] #Google Maps

ServiceName = GE

ServiceCodeing = qrts

ServiceUrl =http://khm0.google.com/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=865

Referer = http://khm0.google.com

UserAgent = Mozilla/4.0

ServerVariations = khm0,khm1,khm2,khm3

As far as I see, it's the same images. If you're looking for a sharper image, it can be adjusted in AeroScenery settings.

-Jake

GTX 1080 Ti, i7-7700k 4.6, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD (AF2), Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung Odyssey+

• # ---- General, applied on whole Texture---

GeneralLighteness = 1.0 # A factor, this is a Pixel color value multiplicator.

GeneralBrightness = 0.0 #[in percent] Brighness is best set to BrighnessValue = - 0.5 * ContrastValue;

GeneralContrast = 0.0 #[in percent] note that FSEarthTiles ini also has an independent Brightness and Contrast correction

GeneralColoringRed = 0 #[unbroken numbers only] PixelColor Value additon for Red

GeneralColoringGreen = 0 #[unbroken numbers only] PixelColor Value additon for Green

GeneralColoringBlue = 0 #[unbroken numbers only] PixelColor Value additon for Blue

The above is lifted from the FSET ini folder, it may shed some light on the differences in download image quality?

Windows Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.