Be fair

• I just wish that the people who are demanding this that and the other for AFS2 should be provided instantly would stop and think. Do they not realise that MSFS started 37 years ago, and had a big dedicated team to develop it until MS abandoned it?

The small IPACS Team have been developing a completely new simulator, and in barely 40 months, have provided things that MSFS never did. Please, people, pull your heads in and give them a chance.

• I personally never demanded something instantly and I don't think anyone did. However, let's take ATC as an example: if after a few years of work on it and after being promised a preview of it back in mid 2017 (almost two years ago) and STILL not having seen anything of it I don't think it's odd to ask how things are progressing. To to express ones worries about it. Also because IPACS they won't even start working on a weather engine before ATC has been finished... No one is demanding things instantly: most people are worried if things will ever be (sort of) finished. Specially now a new version of MFS has been announced.

The small IPACS team has indeed done wonderful things already but that's no reason to stop asking about progress.

• I am sorry to disagree. No doubt the developers are dedicated, perhaps even more than those of other sims. However, AeroflyFS2 doesn't exist in an empty space but is in continual competition to Prepar3d and XP as they are today, plus that other simulator to come.

AeroflyFS2 indeed has features setting it apart from competition (notably its stellar performance, VR support and shaders/lighting) but lacks a number of basic features which belong to any state of the art simulator those days like weather, AI traffic, or just elementary things like support for my Saitek FIPs. This limits the user base and makes it even difficult for die-hards to convince others using or even developing for AeroflyFS2 (which I tried - to no avail). I found it a red flag ORBX virtually cancelling their early support of AeroflyFS2 which was thought as an investment into the future.

I don't question a number of basic features to come, however time does matter, as competition doesn't stand still as well.

Kind regards, Michael

• I must have said this around 100 times already :) But please understand that we can only go as fast as we can go and nothing in the world could change that fact. The other thing to remember is that although we do know there are other flight simulators on the market that are developing in parallel to us but we do not compete with any of them. We are flying on our own path with no other traffic around. We would be naive to think that other sims don't do things better than us, or have better features, but I can assure you that what we do will be done with passion, determination, and precision.

So, thank you to the OP of this thread but even though we sometimes get frustrated with some threads we still welcome all criticism, good and bad.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I found it a red flag ORBX virtually cancelling their early support of AeroflyFS2 which was thought as an investment into the future.What

What? Where? I work with Orbx, and while things are slower than many would like, as far as I know, support is still ongoing.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• What? Where? I work with Orbx, and while things are slower than many would like, as far as I know, support is still ongoing.

Can't find the topic that quickly but some time after the release of TE Netherlands John sort of posted work on AFS2 had came to a halt or was postponed because of the low sales of TE Netherlands. It was a rather big surprise when he suddenly announced they started working on TE GB. But we haven't heard much about it anymore and certainly not about other products for AFS2. A long time ago John promised us PNW including various airports but he didn't mention that project at all later on anymore. So... what exactly is Orbx supporting right now? Are they still working on TE GB? Are they working on anything else?

• At first there was a statement by JV on the 2019 roadmap:

"Our plans for AFS2 in 2019 are less defined than for P3D and XP11, although we will continue with some ports of the most popular airports which fall within an IPACS region DLC coverage, and perhaps porting the TrueEarth GB series to the sim. It remains our favourite sim for the smoothest VR experience due to its incredible frame rates, made even faster with the recent Vulkan support. We are constantly in communication with IPACS and thus have insight into some exciting new developments in store for 2019."

Combine this with the actual observation that to my best knowledge ORBX production of AeroflyFS2 products (aside the free Swiss cultivation) declined to 0 within the first 7 months of this year, I think my statement of "virtually cancelling" is not quite unjustified.

You are more than welcome if you can convince me from the opposite.

Kind regards, Michael

• In February John posted first this:

We are trying to put the people into place to make that happen, yes. I myself would like to see how it looks and performs, for sure.

And later on this:

The team has been formed and they have begun preliminary work.

In March he posted a few alpha shots saying they were aiming for release of TE GB in the first half of this year. Obviously that didn't work out.

That's it, afaik. I can't really remember reading anything else about it. Almost 4 months without any update, the project might as well be dead. Don't hope so though... If they release TE GB before Deadstick has been released I might probably still buy it.

• Please let's not make this thread a debate over who said what.

The fact here is that ORBX is still on board with us. When they announce a new project, they will announce a new project.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• You are more than welcome if you can convince me from the opposite.

Kind regards, Michael

I guess it depends on what people expected, which often exceeds the bounds of practical reality, given the situation. That being said, I consider the main developer of Orbx GB to be a friend, and hope very much to see it released.

At which point, looking at history, I fully expect somebody to start a thread within two weeks of release saying that GB is just a tease and that we definitely need to see all of (place countries here) or doom shall enshroud us all.... ^^

And so we'll go on..........

As we do.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Remember how patient and tolerant they are at helping us out with problems that are as often as not down to something wrong at our end. The secrecy is the way they want to do things and therefore is part of how we have a very nice sim at this time. The revolution in mobile amazed me, it is exceptional and my only pain is that I'll never get an Apple phone so I'm half missing out on the road.

We all seem to want it to go in different directions so they cannot please us all at the same time. Those who want technical aeroplane improvements will not care about ATC or multiplay and vice versa, perhaps its best to just wait for the next pleasant surprise.