• As it is not easy to always have the navaids updated in a simulator, I thought of something that could make us have the AFFS2 always updated with the navaids we need.

The flight planner already has the option to insert navaids that were not originally present, but it would be great if we could create a name for this navaid and save it for later plans. And of course ( please ) give us the option to save the plan (save/load plan). And it would be great too if, besides the option to create this navaid just by clicking on the map, we could also create it by entering the coordinates.

I have been doing my flights based on the IFR procedures charts, but it has been a lot of work having to click on the map several times until I find the ideal point to create the navaid and it's bad to lose that navaid as well as the flight plan every time I decide to fly another route.

Thank you!!! ;)

• Official Post

The current route planner is not the final state, there will probably be updates in the future that make it easier to plan realistic real world routes with fewer clicks. I'm not sure if that comes in the near future, there are also other features that are just as important.

I don't like the idea of manually creating waypoints by entering coordinates, that just sounds like more effort to me as a user. First I'd have to find the coordinates on some chart that I have to download, then I need to manually type them and verify they exist? Sounds like only a handful of users will want to do this. The new waypoints would have to be stored somewhere too. If there are navaids missing in our dataset then a "simple" update of the navigation database should suffice.

Saving routes is also on my wish-list, it would be awesome to be able to share these with other users, too. Or have a field to copy-paste the waypoint list.

• I have been doing my flights based on the IFR procedures charts, but it has been a lot of work having to click on the map several times until I find the ideal point to create the navaid and it's bad to lose that navaid as well as the flight plan every time I decide to fly another route.

I try to create realistic flightplans every now and then but what makes it impossible is the automated FAF we are stuck with. It's often impossible to create realistic flightplans that do NOT lead you into mountains.

I know there are features that are just as important but adding the option to disable/remove that automated FAF shouldn't be too hard to do...? That shouldn't have to take years. Sounds like something a clever developer should be able to fix in a few hours if not less. If an hour is too much time already, heck, simply remove that automated FAF from the code.

• simply remove that automated FAF from the code.

That would break all of the vertical navigation that we have right now, the route speed management, the cruise altitude calculation and copilot automatic route following. All this would have to be redone once again after we remove that temporary fix. That is why we keep it for now. It is not ideal but removing it to "fix it" requires yet another fix later on. It saves us time to just do this once and do it correctly.

• The Sion instrument approaches as an example use many local fixes that are hard to program in by eye and their Aerofly generated names cannot be edited to match published names. If they could be saved then typing in the position would be a one-off task which would be more popular than one might think.

Not even using the Aerofly FAF at this time as a 2,000 ft/10 miles-through-the-mountains solution, would be easier if the published fix altitudes could be entered and associated with the fix on the flight plan page, even if they are visual only and not followed by a 3D auto-flight sim’ approach. Vertical speed mode control is used in following the non glideslope procedures anyway.

Perhaps assumed user adherence to the 3D auto-flight sim’ approach feature stifles flexibility?

• I don't like the idea of manually creating waypoints by entering coordinates, that just sounds like more effort to me as a user. First I'd have to find the coordinates on some chart that I have to download, then I need to manually type them and verify they exist? Sounds like only a handful of users will want to do this. The new waypoints would have to be stored somewhere too. If there are navaids missing in our dataset then a "simple" update of the navigation database should suffice.

Saving routes is also on my wish-list, it would be awesome to be able to share these with other users, too. Or have a field to copy-paste the waypoint list.

Ty for the reply. I was thinking it like an additional feature.

I would like to know if we will have some database update soon. I am having some difficults with new charts.