Tokyo ArcGis + Cultivation

• I've been always captivated by Japan which has been notoriously neglected in all Flightsims so far. I had a totally missed approach on Tokyo in AeroflyFs2 more than a year ago with the elementary scripts we had at that time leading to no high-rises at all and very sparsely scattered buildings in general. Nothing usable in fact.

So I thought it might be worth to return and here's the result:

[Blocked Image: https://michael-basler.net/Flight_Simulation/tokyo_cultivation_1_scaled.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://michael-basler.net/Flight_Simulation/tokyo_cultivation_2_scaled.jpg]

This was made using ArcGis in the new AeroScenery as well as the excellent "FS 2 Buildings European Roofs Trees TV Radio Water Towers.spc" script by Arno Gerretsen, Rodeo, Crispy136, and Kenventions in ScenProc. While specific buildings like the TV tower or the Eiffel tower are missing and the high-rises are generic. I was pretty much amazed this level of occupation and fidelity can be done by an automatic script. (Moreover, I am sure some specific POIs could be converted from the Warehouse.)

I have a Tokyo Prepar3d payware package by SamScene as well as a XP Freeware package by MisterX to compare with. While the SamScene payware has a number of specific buildings, the generic structure as well as notably the ArcGis ground look much better in AeroflyFS2. I never got the ground to really fit with the base Japanese Landclass (made by Haruo). The XP package comes with several specific buildings and looks quite good as well, if you add your own ground using Ortho4XP. I still prefer the lighting and the AeroflyFS2 performance of 120 fps while notably the Prepar3d package struggles. (For fairness I should add Drzewiecki Design are working on a Toyko package which will certainyl be excellent).

While Tokyo and a few more prominent cities like Kobe or Osaka would benefit from adding some POIs, I would expect the ArcGis/"FS 2 Buildings European Roofs Trees TV Radio Water Towers.spc" combo to be completely sufficient for the rest of Japan.

Kind regards, Michael

As a minor sidenote to the script professionals: Would it be possible to remove the red gable roofs which a few of the high-rises carry?

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

Edited once, last by pmb (July 28, 2019 at 9:09 AM).

• Michael, I can not see any images!

Jakob

That's crazy as I did see them. I uploaded them using the forum upload function. I did place them on my webspace and linked to them making them to appear as "blocked images" now, but you can click on them. (Anyone an idea what could have gone wrong with the pix?)

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• That's crazy as I did see them. I uploaded them using the forum upload function. I did place them on my webspace and linked to them making them to appear as "blocked images" now, but you can click on them. (Anyone an idea what could have gone wrong with the pix?)

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Now I can see the booth jpg-files. 👍

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• This was made using ArcGis in the new AeroScenery

Can you confirm whether the generated scenery is in the right place? (As in, airports or features from OSM match the ground underneath).

There was a report that ArcGIS scenery was appearing in the wrong place and I'm trying to figure out what's happening there.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Can you confirm whether the generated scenery is in the right place? (As in, airports or features from OSM match the ground underneath).

There was a report that ArcGIS scenery was appearing in the wrong place and I'm trying to figure out what's happening there.

I'll do a more thorough check, but so far, I don't see any discrepancy between OSM Cultivation and the ArcGis ground in this region.

Kind regards, Michael

• Thanks Michael for posting the Japan screenshots. Is the spc file available for download at Flight-Sim.org?

"FS 2 Buildings European Roofs Trees TV Radio Water Towers.spc"

I am not exactly sure where I download it from myself (X() but it's available here:

[resolu] Hell Cultivation gone !

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Can you confirm whether the generated scenery is in the right place? (As in, airports or features from OSM match the ground underneath).

I made a more thorough test, but as far as I can tell the OSM buildings fit perfectly to the ArcGis-generated ground. Some houses have even some kind of surrounding (a base or neighbourghood or such) and even these fit really well. They're also well aligned along streets. That's at least in the Tokyo area.

Kind regards, Michael