Customising Textures

• I'm trying to extend the concept I made for the JustFlight clipboard which allows custom notes to be added like this: Editable clipboard For Duchess 76 / Cessna 152

I thought I'd apply it to the Robin DR400 and scribble some notes in the panel as below, but when I use the content converter on the source bmp I get this. Any ideas?

Here's the conversion code I managed to get working for the JF clipboard. The only other thing I did to get it to work for the clipboard was to vertically flip the BMP and rotate it 180 degrees, which I've also tried for the DR400, so something else is going on.

• Hi Phil,

Check in the config if flip_vertical is set "true". It's 99.99% that the converter doesn't flip the texture.

EDIT: Didn't see that you added the config. So, change the flip_vertical and you should be fine.

Kai

Edited once, last by kai503 (July 28, 2019 at 4:07 PM).

• Hi Phil,

Check in the config if flip_vertical is set "true". It's 99.99% that the converter doesn't flip the texture.

EDIT: Didn't see that you added the config. So, change the flip_vertical and you should be fine.

Kai

Brilliant. As simple as that. I had convinced myself there was a whole layer of complexity I had no knowledge about like bump mapping, specular stuff etc.

• Anybody want to help me identify textures where we can put notes in other aircraft? The difficult thing is how to see what a ttx file looks like, but I've found a solution. Make a dummy alternate paintkit for an aircraft and copy the ttx into it and rename it preview.ttx

Here attx_2 and attx_3 are dummy paintkits

containing

preview.ttx is actually another ttx from an aircraft renamed preview.ttx

so then you see this sort of thing