How to update Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator DLC Version 2.0.5 (20171102)?

• Hello,

Yesterday I bought Aerofly FS 2 in the online shop of Aerosoft. What I got downloaded was the DVD Version 2.0.5 (20171102).

Also I downloaded the updater "aerofly_fs_2_update_v2040729.exe". But when I run the updater, and I tried everything, I get to see:

"Unable to locate Aerofly FS 2. Please reinstall the program from the original DVD."

So, I'm missing for the moment latest improvements and I don't have the R22 helicopter at all. I just want to fly the helicopter(s).

I didn't choose for Steam because I never did for my other flight simulators.

For me it was better if the DLC was already up to date instead of applying a patch file afterwards which didn't work out for me!

Who knows the solution? I can not imagine I'm the first and I certainly tried several ways to reinstall.

Happy Sunday!

• Do you have Aerofly installed on a remote drive or cloud?

Also, you need to activate Aerofly FS2 by following the instructions on our SUPPORT PAGE

You can also get the latest updates there as well.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks for your reply!

I solved the update process just some time earlier.

From DVD version 2.0.5 (20171102) you have to install first to version 2.04.0715 (20190619) by aerofly_fs_2_update_v2040715.exe and not use aerofly_fs_2_update_v2040729.exe (20190723) because that one (the latest for now) won't locate the Aerofly FS 2 install directly after DVD (DLC) install.

Why won't Aerosoft let you download directly a DLC to the latest version? (And not by patches) Make it easier for your customers!

I had to stay in my virtual airport for a night (hotel overbooked) because my Robinson R22 was delayed!

Happy Flying!