• Nick, there are tsc files, and some pairs of tsc and toc files. I have Rob Corn's AFS2 test version of his NZ Coromandel scenery, which is not generally available. The photo shows all the grass airfields and the excellent mesh lets you land "on the photo". Chris's files let me show these places in the Select Location screen, so I can choose a runway and a starting point. Very useful freeware, for now.

MikeW

• I decided to reset the freeware list to the previous version for now. While those "airports" may be of help for developers, I agree they may be rather misleading than helpful for the general user.

I tried EDDM (yes it's there) sitting on the general IAPCS "terrain" and was not even able to take off as there's no runway at all and the terrain is ragged as hell. Things like this may quickly turn to unjustified frustration about a "broken simulator".

As a sidenote, I installed the whole lot of German airports from the list but didn't experience a slow start.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• While those "airports" may be of help for developers, I agree they may be rather misleading than helpful for the general user.

Hello Michael - I think they would have been better described as 'location points' rather than 'airports'. But they are very useful; and the author makes it clear that they should be installed with forethought, not en masse.

All the best, yet another forum Michael :)

• As I mentioned, the one thing to always expect from this contributors offerings is steady and even rapid change:

world_airports

krzysk1 committed 3 days ago: runways added: Now runways are added to airports - 3d models of runways come from FSCLOUDPORT Runways have different surface textures: asphalt, concrete, dirt and gravel, according to the defined in source file.

krzysk1 committed 2 days ago: runway textures updated

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Sorry to be a Debbie Downer here, but the problem with this approach is that it doesn't work for anything other than a single runway.

You can't overlay individual runway models, as Spit40 found out a while ago when he started FSCloudPort.

Even runways close together can conflict due to terrain smoothing.

The only way to handle more complex airports in Aerofly is to have a single ground poly, which is pretty hard to generate automatically.

Taking KPDX from krzysk1's repo (textures are flashing and popping where runways cross)

Obviously for single runway airports this is a welcome resource though.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• You can overlay individual runways in FSCloudPort. The only thing that doesn't work at the moment is the display of the overlapping decals.

I always hide the runway decals anyway if I have good images of the airfields. That's why FSCloudPort allows me to use complex airfields.

The example shows EKRK (Denmark, Copenhagen Airport - Roskilde), once when selecting the runway and once as photo.

Bye, Michael

• I

You can overlay individual runways in FSCloudPort. The only thing that doesn't work at the moment is the display of the overlapping decals.

I always hide the runway decals anyway if I have good images of the airfields. That's why FSCloudPort allows me to use complex airfields.

The example shows EKRK (Denmark, Copenhagen Airport - Roskilde), once when selecting the runway and once as photo.

Bye, Michael

This is not the full story and gives an incorrect impression of the capabilities. The actual two hard surfaced runways will not display properly in FS2. Only the view in the Navigation and Locate pages are correct. You image does not have the runways displayed. You are only seeing what the ortho shows, which is no improvement at all.

• I hide the two runways deliberately(!) because I like the original view more than the artificial runways (but that's just my opinion.). And this solves the problem of crossing decals, as a kind of workaround.

But of course it would be better if FSCloudPort has no problem with crossing runways even with visible decals.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I hide the two runways deliberately(!) because I like the original view more than the artificial runways (but that's just my opinion.). And this solves the problem of crossing decals, as a kind of workaround.

The issue is with any ground models that are near or crossing each other, be that runway, taxiways or decals.

Obviously removing the models removes the problem!

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• The issue is with any ground models that are near or crossing each other, be that runway, taxiways or decals.

Obviously removing the models removes the problem!

and therefore does absolutely nothing for having multiple runways. duh. 8o