NEED IMMEDIATE HELP: AEROSCENERY KNOWLEDGE

• I have started with Aeroscenery, a single tile as proof in the NW of Spain. The PC has been working continuously for 7 hours.

In the upper left corner a small black window was opened when Geoconvert started; in it he was informing of the evolution of the process.

I involuntarily eliminated that "black window" and I was left without seeing the evolution of geoconsversion.

The question is: this takes too long, and I see that the LED of the CPU of the PC, continues to blink, which means that it continues processing ... processing what?

Please, someone from Aeroscenery connoisseurs, tell me how to stop this without damaging the processed.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Delfin,

This may come as a shock to you, but you seem to be the only user that is having continuous problems with AeroScenery. A link to a new update to the tutorial was posted in the active thread. Why don't you see if you can manage to download and open that tutorial. After you have read it a couple of times, a lot of your problems just might go away. I hope so, anyway. 8o

• I suggest reading Crispy136's AeroScenery guide completely at least once:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…-1-0-and-above/

It gives a comprehensive description of the whole process and I am afraid no one can give a much better account.

This guide contains time/storage estimates for several scenarios. You may try to identify your scenario there. Geoconvert on a single ZL16 tile with AFS levels 9,11,12,13 selected runs around 30 min on my machine. Even including AFS level 14 shouldn't be more than 2 hrs.

There is no need to activate the GeoConvert Wrapper (your "black window") in the Settings as long as you only work on one tile. I mostly prefer doing tile by tile manually without the wrapper anyway.

You either might have chosen an extraordinary resolution (ZL19 or such) or you might have accidentally selected more than 1 tile if GeoConvert runs that long. This may happen if you select a tile, and later select another one, but forget to deselet the first one. Make sure there bis only one blue square selected.

In any case I would suggest starting small to see how it works. Select on ZL16 tile and make AFS level 9 only. This is done in a few seconds. Check that it works in AeroflyFS2. You can step up if all goes well later.

Finally: You can stop the GeoConvert window by closing it using the cross at the upper right, as usual. Look into the "16-geoconvert-ttc" (or similar) directory if any output has been generated. You can even do this while Geoconvert is still running. If levels 9 and 11 are there, test them in the simulator. You can proceed with the higher levels the next time you run AeroScenery. The processed files should not be damaged while closing the GeoConvert window.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: I took some time for editing, but in the end we agree: Read the tutorial.

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hello Michael

Thank you very much for your quick response. That is a 'restorative' response

Let's see: in the image that I attached, they are reflected (and refute quite a lot of speculation that you do in your post).

Other relevant data related to the Aeroscenery (Data) files:

File size working = 17.3 GB

File size 17 = 780 MB.

File size 17-geoconvert.raw = 6.19 GB.

File size 17-geoconvert.ttc = 1.35 GB.

File size 17-Stitched = 9.07 GB.

I had already thought about stopping this process with the arrow in the upper right corner, but I was afraid of losing information, and I prefer your opinion as experienced in these battles.

Anyway, unless someone suggests something less dangerous, I will have to stop him because of the aforementioned brave.

I had to crop the map, because it exceeded 1 MB (system limit and I did not admit it)

How do you get the "black window" back to the screen?

My father said: "Friends meet on occasions."

Well, friend Michael, once again, especially this time. seven times thanks.     

Regards: Delfin

Edited once, last by delfinpm (August 7, 2019 at 9:39 PM).

• How do you get the "black window" back to the screen?

The "black window" (contrary to the grey Geoconvert window) is the GeoConvert wrapper and not necessary if you do only one tile, as I told you. Deactivate it under Settings (checkbox under Geoconvert tab).

Next, look under "17-geoconvert.ttc" which files (out of 9, 11, 12, 13, 14) are already there. Copy them into the images/ES folder of the simulator and see if they work. Enjoy flying, if they do!

As a rough guess, I think, if "17-geoconvert.ttc" is sized 1.35 GB, GeoConvert might already have completed all work and you are done. Otherwise, restart the Geoconvert process by only selecting the missing levels and starting anew.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I have started with Aeroscenery, a single tile as proof in the NW of Spain. The PC has been working continuously for 7 hours.

It shouldn't take 7 hours.

GeoConvert has a fun "feature" where if you touch / move / minimize the window it can restart processing everything without telling you.

This is an IPACS problem that I can't fix.

(Another issue I hope drhotwing1 (IPACS) can look at soon)

That might be what's happening here.

In settings disable GeoConvert wrapper. The start it running when you're not using your PC for an hour and let it do its thing.

You could try doing a small, level 12 sized tile, at zoom level 16 to confirm that you have everything working OK.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• The "black window" (contrary to the grey Geoconvert window) is the GeoConvert wrapper and not necessary if you do only one tile, as I told you. Deactivate it under Settings (checkbox under Geoconvert tab).

Next, look under "17-geoconvert.ttc" which files (out of 9, 11, 12, 13, 14) are already there. Copy them into the images/ES folder of the simulator and see if they work. Enjoy flying, if they do!

As a rough guess, I think, if "17-geoconvert.ttc" is sized 1.35 GB, GeoConvert might already have completed all work and you are done. Otherwise, restart the Geoconvert process by only selecting the missing levels and starting anew.

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Michael

The family was bothering me and preventing me from responding immediately.

I had to stop the program by clicking on the upper right cross.

I copied the file 17-geoconvert.ttc = 1.35 GB in the Images folder. Before copying it, I was seeing the File size 17-geoconvert.raw = 6.19 GB.

Enlarge the images, and they look far but very sharp.

After copying you can verify that it DOES NOT WORK again. The runway is Santiago Compostela, that is, the geoconverted area. When you send the plane to that area, instantly the entire network is blocked. To exit, you know: Ctrl + Alt5 + Delete.

The other airports work correctly. This anomaly is identical to the previous one. Now, when you delete the recorded file, it works again normally.

I will see this with real care.

Thank you very much for all your attention and effort.

Kind regards: Delfin

You can also view if the process is still running by viewing the folder/files and seeing if they are increasing in size :)

Hi Kloot

You can also view if the process is still running by viewing the folder/files and seeing if they are increasing in size :)

Hi Cloot

I did that verification about 2 hours before stopping it. In that time interval, the size of all working assets remained unchanged.

• I copied the file 17-geoconvert.ttc = 1.35 GB in the Images folder.

Copy all individual files from that folder (named like map_11_e500_a220.ttc, not the folder itself) to

C:\Users\[your profile\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images\ES

Alternatively you can have AeroScenery do the work. Go into Settings and specify "AFS2 User Folder". This should be

C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons

Next check "Install Scenery in AFS User Scenery Folder" in the AeroScenery main window, deselect all other items and press Start. See the named guide, Page 22.

If this doesn't work I am pretty much at my wits' end.

Kind regards, Michael

• GeoConvert has a fun "feature" where if you touch / move / minimize the window it can restart processing everything without telling you.

This is an IPACS problem that I can't fix.

Again with you Nick, (AND FOR SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT)

I think you just discovered the reason for this strange anomaly:

While AeroScenery and Geoconverto also processed the information, I minimized the screen to work with text processing and spreadsheets. I do it with some frequency in my life. If it is rigorously as you comment, that insurance was the reason.

I had read the guide of fellow Crispy (certainly very good), as well as the tutorial of the other Michael (IZOJUB) and although I had not stopped much, if I was very clear how this process began, and that disjoint of the program amazed me

And what can I do now with the information filed in the archives? Is it usable, or do we have to start this same area again?

Regards: Delfin

• And what can I do now with the information filed in the archives? Is it usable, or do we have to start this same area again?

It might be the case that the ttc files are valid, but have just been generated several times over.

I don't know why your Aerofly is locking up when you try to use the generated files. You'll need to look at the Aerofly log file.

Like I said, try a much smaller square first to prove things are working for you.

If you do need to run GeoConvert again on this square, you can do so without re-running everything:

1) Select the square

2) Set the option, in the left sidebar dropdown, to choose which actions to run.

3) Select to only run GeoConvert.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Tomorrow we will continue Michael. I'm standing since 5 a.m. And I'm tired.

Grateful for your huge help

Tomorrow we will continue Michael. I'm standing since 5 a.m. And I'm tired.

Grateful for your huge help

• Herkese merhaba.

Bu soruyu buraya yazmak ne kadar doğru bilmiyorum ama Aeroscenery ile indirdiğim görsellerde değişiklikler(fotomontaj gibi) yaptıktan sonra onları uçuşa uygun bir arazi haline getirmek istiyorum. Bildiğim kadarıyla, bunu yapmak için 'geo dönüştürücüyü çalıştır' seçeneğini devre dışı bırakmam gerekiyor. Bunu yaptım ama indirilen klasörde .ttc dosyalarının oluşturulduğunu gördüm acaba bir yerde mi hata yaptım yoksa geoconverter çalışmıyorsa .ttc dosyalarının oluşması normal mi? Ayrıca ttc dosyaları oluşturulduktan sonra resimlerde yaptığım değişiklikler anlamsız mı kalıyor? Eğer öyleyse, istediğimi nasıl yapacağımı söyler misin? Şimdiden teşekkür ederim.

Saygılar.

• Translation:

Hello everyone.

I don't know how correct it is to write this question here, but after making changes (such as photomontage) to the images I downloaded with Aeroscenery, I want to turn them into a terrain suitable for flight. As far as I know, I need to disable the 'run geoconverter' option to do this. I did this but I saw that .ttc files were created in the downloaded folder, did I make a mistake somewhere or is it normal for .ttc files to be created if the geoconverter is not running? Also, are the changes I made to the images meaningless after the .ttc files are created? If so, can you tell me how to do what I want? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries