• Just finally had a chance to sit down and try it, and have to say it exceeds all expectations! A great addition to my stable of fine aircraft for Aerofly. Even the VR hands are nicely done, something krzysk1was also working on before he was apparently driven away.

I hope you see fit to make planes for a good long time, and even make the jump to payware. Your work deserves it.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited once, last by HiFlyer (December 17, 2019 at 3:15 AM).

• Dear Sylvain,

I can only agree to the previous posts! Your P2008 is an incredible plane! The Modeling is truly payware quality! I had yesterday my first flight with it from my homebase, after loading the plane in VR, I had directly the feeling of sitting in a real one! Thanks a lot for this experience!!

Thank you so much for this Christmas Present!

Regards,
    Thomas

• I am very well known (to put it nicely) for my honest comments 8o and so some may be glad (and relieved) to hear I think this Tecnam P2008 is one great little add on! ;) Job very well done! It's not the kind of plane I will be flying often (I like a plane that keeps me busy like the Q400) but it's a very nice plane to have in the hangar to for instance check out some new scenery (if ever...). 8) Congrats with this release!

• Hi to all !

Please ... does the P2008 turn the wheel-chassis? me does not respond and the rudder reacts little to the runway. Thanks in advance for the advice. I wish you all a Happy Holidays.

Same, I believe it is a bug. At startup the plane can turn with rudder pedals, later upon landing, the function is disabled. The only way to turn is to press the left or right brake. I'm in beta.

• Hello Sylvain,

When I steer the aircraft on the ground with the foot pedals, i.e. with the foot brakes, these changes in direction are very extreme. Is there a way to reduce this extreme steering movement with an entry in a certain file (.tmc).

I have already reduced the axis of my pedals (Saitek) to the minimum, but when I brake very little the plane reacts too extreme!

The plane is your Tecnam P2008

Merci also for the great aviator, I especially love the nearby large nav screen

Froher Gruss :)

Para

• Hello,

You will find the answer in the manual: C:\Users\user\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\p2008\_manual.

Best, Sylvain

• Hello Sylvain,

I have already read the readme.

But I would like to know whether there is the possibility of how realistic to steer with the brakes.

But not so extreme. As already mentioned, I have already set the controls to minimum and if I only brake a little, the plane reacts too extreme.

I can not imagine that if I push my foot down two centimeters, the plane almost swings 90 degrees.

Of course within tolerance. I say that I don't even drive 5kmh and the plane reacts so violently.

But if there is no other option, then I just use the unrealistic control as suggested in the readme.

Ah, and thanks for the answer.

The plane is fun!

Para

• But not so extreme. As already mentioned, I have already set the controls to minimum and if I only brake a little, the plane reacts too extreme.

I can not imagine that if I push my foot down two centimeters, the plane almost swings 90 degrees.

But isn't this the case with all planes in Aerofly?

I have my sensitivity settings all set to low and yet they are all very touchy.

Perhaps the issue lies further within the rudder pedals software? Or we need an even more aggressive sensitivity setting in Aerofly.

I love the p2008, a very fun aircraft. Thanks again Sylvain!

• I think you are right. In my opinion, the sensitivity of the rudder pedals is too strong. Maybe there is still something on the part of IPACS.

Let's hope the best.

----------------------------------------------

Ich denke du hast recht. Die Sensitivität der Ruderpedale sind meiner Meinung nach zu stark in der Wirkungsweise. Vielleicht geht da noch was seitens IPACS.

Hoffen wir das beste.

Para

Edited once, last by paranovski (May 5, 2020 at 10:35 AM).

• Ok, let's try this:

In the P2008.tmd file at line 301 find this block

Code
                <[product][LeftBrakeProduct][]
                    <[string8][Inputs][ LeftBrake.Output 0.5 ]>
                >
                <[product][RightBrakeProduct][]
                    <[string8][Inputs][ RightBrake.Output -0.5 ]>
                >

The 0.5 and -0.5 values are the max angle of the nose wheel. Try reducing the value progressively until you have a realistic behavior.

Best, Sylvain