Tecnam P2008 project

• But isn't this the case with all planes in Aerofly?

I have my sensitivity settings all set to low and yet they are all very touchy.

Perhaps the issue lies further within the rudder pedals software? Or we need an even more aggressive sensitivity setting in Aerofly.

I love the p2008, a very fun aircraft. Thanks again Sylvain!

i agree, quite a few are but not all. The Turbo Arrow is very twitchy but i think the C172 is ok. When i had a real flying lesson recently i found it so much easier to follow the taxiway line.

• Hello everybody. I have uploaded a new version.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…4-tecnam-p2008/

Remove old version and unzip new one in My Documents/Aerofly FS2/aircraft/

P2008 v1.1 change log

Model

Outside rear side windows are now black and opaque (like in the real aircraft).

Systems

-Ground brake steering is now much smoother.

-Electric aileron trim is now disabled when battery is off.

-Oil pressure rises faster to normal (cold and dark version only).

-More realistic stick movements.

Navigation

Removed the non-operational OBS indicator and replaced it with a DME which displays in the center of the radio. You can read the distance to the selected VOR, the relative ground speed and the estimated time to reach the VOR station.

Flight model

-Reworked the flight dynamics to get closer to the real aircraft values.

-Take off: full power, rotate at 55 KTS. After initial climb, reduce power to 75% and trim the aircraft for a climb rate of about 800FPM at 75 KTS.

-Max speed of 118 KTS @ 2.450 RPM at 2.000 FT

-Cruise speed of 110 KTS @ 2.250 RPM at 2.000 FT

-Reduced nose down tendency in descent.

Sound

-Fixed bug that caused door sound to trigger before the door was completely closed.

-Reworked slightly the engine sound mapping.

-Reworked ground roll vibrations sound.

-New fuel pump sound.

Best, Sylvain

Edited 2 times, last by sydel7912 (May 24, 2020 at 11:39 AM).

• Hello Sylvain

I was about 8 months completely removed from the forum, and I knew nothing of your project "Tecnam P2008". Now I just saw it in this latest version that you just uploaded to the Forum. I downloaded it and I love it.

I flew that plane at the Aeroclub about 5 or 6 years ago, and when I saw it here it surprised me. I especially love the big instruments in the cockpit.

CONGRATULATION for your second aircraft in this forum.

You will be amazed by this childish question: which switches should I activate before activating the ignition key? I can't start the engine.

I repeat: a magnificent flying machine. Thank you very much for that effort you put at the service of the community; is appreciated.

Kind regards: Delfiin

Great work Sylvain. Your Tecam 2008 is one of my favorites. It is always a good thing when a developer comes back a does a little tweaking and fine turning to a successful plane. The ground handling always seemed a bit sluggish to me, but, I have never flown a real one and I read the exact same comments about the real world version.

I am looking forward to flying your update. The DME readout sounds like a handy feature. The improved flight dynamics is also appreciated.

Thanks for your dedication and especially for making this available as freeware.

Regards,

Ray

• Hello again Sylvain

The switch I asked you about is already discovered.

And after a short flight, this plane, I would say even flies more agile than the real ULM. I am surprised by its precise and agile maneuverability. Frankly, again I congratulate you. Your aircraf is a worthy companion to the entire IPAC series.

Thank you again por this machine

Ragards: Delfin

Remove old version and unzip new one in My Documents/Aerofly FS2/aircraft/

P2008 v1.1 change log

Thank you very much Sylvain for this new update!

However I noticed that the front wheel no longer reacts with the joystick handle?

Is it possible to modify in the tmd.?

And in what line, thank you!

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Hello Sylvain,

This is just to confirm your efforts have paid off. Your Tecnam 2008 does indeed have more refined and smoother flight dynamics. A true pleasure to fly. Thank you.

Regards,

Ray

• Thank you very much Sylvain for this new update!

However I noticed that the front wheel no longer reacts with the joystick handle?

Is it possible to modify in the tmd.?

And in what line, thank you!

Hello Pascal,

By default, you steer the aircraft with the differential brakes. If you don't have rudder-pedals, it's impossible. You will find a rudder steering version in the variants folder. Simply copy the tmd file and overwrite the existing one.

Best, Sylvain

• Thank you Sylvain for your help, no I don't have pedals, and I don't fly in VR, but only with a Joystick and the screen.

So, if I understand correctly, I replace the tmd. of this one, by the old version?

But then the changes that you made for the brakes and the engine sound, I can not take advantage of it? Damage.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Thank you Sylvain for your help, no I don't have pedals, and I don't fly in VR, but only with a Joystick and the screen.

So, if I understand correctly, I replace the tmd. of this one, by the old version?

But then the changes that you made for the brakes and the engine sound, I can not take advantage of it? Damage.

In the new download, you have a sub folder named "_variants". There you will find the tmd's corresponding to ruddersteering or brakesteering.

"My documents\Aerofly FS2\aircraft\p2008\_variants\"

Best, Sylvain

• Yes, yes, that's right, I hadn't thought about it anymore;:S THANKS:thumbup:;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• I have uploaded a new version for those having problems with latest update of AFS2

Hola Silvan

If you have read my thread "CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?", You will already know that your planes do not load me. I have already seen your post and I have downloaded the Tecnan P2008 again.

1º) .- I see that the change of red color on the cockpit does not respond (in flight only white appears).

2nd) .- I don't know what keys I have manipulated (having the plane on the screen) that appeared at the top of the screen, an almost white strip about a quarter of the height of the screen's surface, and on that strip, columns lines of very tiny text in red. I think that this text could be lines of code from some file. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. I can't delete it. Can you think of something to eliminate them?

Regarsd: Delfin

• 2nd) .- I don't know what keys I have manipulated (having the plane on the screen) that appeared at the top of the screen, an almost white strip about a quarter of the height of the screen's surface, and on that strip, columns lines of very tiny text in red. I think that this text could be lines of code from some file. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. I can't delete it. Can you think of something to eliminate them?

Press Ctrl+F2 to remove this debug overlay.

Regards,

Jan

• Sorry for my late answer,

unfortunately, no.
    I must buy the Fs2 to use the P2008 aircraft! Unfortunately in Fs2, I have to manually install the Italian country.

It would be very nice if someone could provide the conversion of P2008 for the FS4 version.
    Without the P2008 source file and assets, it is basically impossible.

Please let me know if someone has any solution or alternative

Thanks in advance

Best wishes :)

Vittorio

• If I remember correctly, Jetjockey10 created a P2008 for the FS4 a few years ago.:/

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries