50% off everything at FSWidgets month of August

• fsw_logo_250x50.png

FSWidgets Clocks Up 15 Years!

“We sincerely appreciate your support of our work over the last decade and a half. To mark this occasion we are taking 50% off all our products during August, including on the iOS App Store.” Copied from email.

Should you have an interest in the first ever developer product for Aerofly FS2, here is your chance to purchase the iGmapHD world aviation and satellite maps and QuickPlan for half off. I have both IOS and PC versions and I highly recommend them for AFS2. They run great with Aerofly FS2.

Full demo limited to San Francisco Bay Area.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• I have both IOS and PC versions and I highly recommend them for AFS2. They run great with Aerofly FS2.

Ray.

Is there any difference between GMapHD for Android and GMapHD for Windows - except a higher price (PC)? Should I rather consider buying for Windows, so I can have it on a laptop and get a bigger screen?

Do you have any advice based on your practical experience with this software?

• I don’t have any Android versions but, I use the pc windows version with just about every flight in AFS2. I use the zoomed in satellite maps as a aid for taxiing at large airports. There is a ESRI hybrid map of the world that I use to identify things as I fly over new places.

I use fsWidgets QuickPlan to build flight plans and I save them as AFS2 files. I sometimes duplicate the flight plan using the FS2 NAV screen. Now the flight plan will show in the FsWidget’s iGMapHD display. The flight path shows on whatever map is selected and flight progress is shown as a line from point to point with an airplane or helicopter icon for present position. Lat/Lon, speed and altitude has a constant readout.

The connection is practically automatic with the IPACS dll and the active connection.

One day FS2 will read external flight plans. We can probably add flight plans using the new IPACS GPS units now, I haven’t tried it yet.

I use the iPad version when not at my pc or when traveling. Real world weather overlays is very useful along with the Direct To selection for airports.

There are a ton of world aviation maps or charts included. (39 aviation charts and 9 map types). That is probably why it is a little pricey. Having all the USA Aviation digital charts included is a big plus for me. All airports, NAV aids and intersections are included and you can make any point on earth a temporary waypoint.

The extensive collection of cloud based aviation maps of the world are a truly outstanding feature.

I did a review of QuickPlan at avsim.com some time ago. You might want to skim over it.

https://www.avsim.com/home/rev…ckplan-for-windows-r1087/

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• I bought FsWidget’s GMapHD for my iPad today.

However I do not get it to work. (Simulator Unreachable).

Is there anyone, who operates AFS2 on PC with GMapHD on iPad sucessfully?

Could he send me the part of the main.mcf from where I can see the entries?

The PC demo windows version however is working fine.

Also X-Plane /PC is working fine with the GMapHD on iPad.

So its a miracle for me, why it does not work.

• Hi Tom:

Use Windows PowerShell on Windows 10 as administrator, right-clicking the Windows button. Type in "ipconfig /all" at the command prompt. Look down and take note of your IPv4 address. That address should be used in your iPad into the iGMapHD settings together with the port number 58585. This should work. Your iPad should be in the same wi-fi network of your PC running AFS2.

Good luck, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• You don't need to touch your main.mcf file at all!.

In case it doesn't work, disable your A/V, as maybe your connection is being blocked.

Good luck.

Cheers, Ed

Files

• main.txt

(10.51 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• Thanks Ed,

No, disabling A/V did not help.

Are you working with an iPad and GMapHD?

Yes. Have you turned ON the option to share data with FSWidgets inside AFS2?.

• Strange. My version of the FSWidgets is named iGMapHD, not GMapHD. Don't know if it'll make any difference.

I've just tried it and it worked here minutes ago. Works also with my iPhone.

Cheers, Ed