New Flight Controls from Honeycomb

• Next to the actual well known brands for Yoke- and Throttle-devices, a new player is on the market with very competive products: 'Honeycomb Aeronautical'.

There new products beginning with 'Alpha flight Controls' is very promising to be a hit on this market and pre-ordering for delivery in a couple of months is successful right now.

Maybe wise for IPACS to be in contact with them for comptability with AFS2 next to their announcement to be for FSX, P3D and XP11.

I, personaly, has ordered one via aerosoft but I'm actual not shure if AFS2 will recognise this magnificent system(value/quality) once I plugged it in my PC via USB ?

As commercial viewpoint, it should be fine for current and later AFS2-customers to read that this HW is compatible with their flightsim next to the other players on the FS market as FSX SE, P3D, XP11 and probably next year's new Microsoft Flightsimulator. So, I advise IPACS to take contact with them.

Appreciate any advise on compability with AFS2, thank you.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

Edited once, last by ikbenik ().

• I'd be surprised if it doesn't just work out of the box. I got an ACE B737 yoke, plugged it in and it worked fine. This has been a real FS2 strength in my experience.

• There is a big difference if a product just sends keystrokes or if it works back and forth via a dll interface (E.G. gear lights).

Best regards,

Thomas

i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz, Geforce GTX 1080, 32MB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HD, 32" Monitor 4K, Oculus Rift

• Well my 20-years-old CH Product Yoke and Pedal sets worked out of the box both in AFS and AFS2 (as they BTW also ever worked out of the box with all FS versions since FS9, including the latest P3D. XPlane is definitely another topic...).

Saitek switches and knobs however are only partially supported in AFS2. You can more or less set some of them to work fine in AFS2, like landing/taxi lights, gear lever, trim wheel, flaps paddle.

Some won't work until IPCAS change key assign possibilities, like Magneto key for instance, and I couldn't get the autopilot keys and knobs to work properly.

The Saitek COM/NAV panel is also partially supported, things like ADF, DME and XPDER don't work so good.

So, depending on how this Honeycomb hardware is designed, I wouldn't expect all switches and knobs to work out of the box unless IPACS proactively decides to support it. But axis might work fine...

BTW: I'm not sure how this new hardware is supposed to differentiate from long proven brands like CH Products, I'd have been interested if they had brought in force feedback, but they apparently don't. They talk about professional-grade components, but my CH Product set is some 20 years old and still quite as good as new (I only had to vacuum clean the pedals a couple of times)...

Anyway, good to see companies still investing in flight simulation, hope they come fine with their product!

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• BTW: I'm not sure how this new hardware is supposed to differentiate from long proven brands like CH Products, I'd have been interested if they had brought in force feedback, but they apparently don't.

For some reason I thought force feedback was built into this, looking further into details, you are correct.

• :D Hey, I didn't know any better! I've never owned any super expensive flight gear. Only force feedback steering wheel, which was in the $250 price range.

If by force feedback you mean random vibrations then 220 $ could be a realistic price. If you mean control loading with realistic reactions to aerodynamic forces, wind and trim inputs then I know nothing below 1000 $

• BTW: I'm not sure how this new hardware is supposed to differentiate from long proven brands like CH Products, I'd have been interested if they had brought in force feedback, but they apparently don't.

I'm not really interested in the yoke but tee throttle quadrant looks interesting. It combines the functions of two Saitek throttle quadrants, the Saitek trim wheel, Autopilot and Annunciator Panel which together cost more than 220 bucks. And it has a gear and Flaps lever. The thing is that the Annunciator probably won't work in Aerofly because they'd need an interface to read data from the simulator

• Did a Google search and there are pages of similar low cost USB controllers. Here is one for under 20 euros.

https://www.amazon.it/Joystick…n-Raspberry/dp/B077L38Z6J

Here is one under 10 euros.

https://www.amazon.it/Quimat-A…fRID=GR12JA7T8MX1KMMN0ZVJ

Windows Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Intel Pentium G2130 @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM DDR3, ASUS H61M-K, Graphics PHL 273V5 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960, Thrustmaster Joystick and Home Made Rudder Pedals.

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB ().

• Thank you ZoSoChile for posting the video where the X-Plane Staff uses for the first time this yoke(+extra functions) in his FlightSim.

I also frequently use XP11.3x at this instance next to AFS2. I'm glad that in future update to XP11.40 this yoke will be incorporated to adjust.

So, hereby my 2nd request to the AFS-Staff, take contact with Honeycomb to ensure full compability of all functions in AFS2, thank you.

As I have ordered this yoke for delivery in a few months, I already have also ordered their other very good HW, see a first (review)look via:

https://nerdtechy.com/honeycom…-throttle-quadrant-review

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• His super wide screen shows how cylinder/mercator projection is essential for extreme field of views. The edges are stretched just like what is seen in rectilinear/straight edges lens photographs. Fisheye lenses keep the edge magnification natural. The window/door post seen there looks wider than the panel's 'basic T'.

Cylindrical projection would be great in Aerofly.