HP has solved the flickering issue of Reverb

• I got a new Reverb for work (Titan RTX) and tried it on my home system to see if it was worth buying one for myself (GTX 1080). Fortunately for my bank balance, I was quite disappointed. It was certainly better than my Acer WMR headset, but I didn't immediately feel like I was using a completely new Sim. The experience was still much the same, albeit clearer in the centre. Colours were better, but I still could not read the instruments in the R22 clearly (didn't have much time to try other aircraft) and the FOV was still small. Chromatic aberration was very noticeable; this may have been more apparent because of the increased resolution. The image was very blurry away from the centre. With TE Netherlands, the 1080 struggled and there was noticeable judder when flying low in built-up areas. This makes me think that we need an improvement in lens design before we will get decent high resolution in VR. Maybe Samsung will crack it with curved displays. I had hoped that the Reverb would be a game-changer, but the Index would probably be the best bet (larger FOV without pushing the required specs too much), if only it had inside-out tracking and a smaller price-tag.

I have the Reverb also and tested in TE Netherlands with my old rig (Sandy Bridge from 2011 2600K with GTX1060 6Gb) and was working well. Now I have a new rig (i5-9600K and a Titan-X) and it goes Super with a big S so I think you have a setting or setup not correct. In de WMR windows10 setting you must have set your Reverb at Highest image (beta) and be sure to set at 90Hz. I am using the Aerofly Beta version with Vulcan but tried also in the normal GL version. Vulcan is much better but a little unstable with high speed planes like the F18 and F15. 6 months ago I tested a Samsung Odyssey 1.0 and was horrible compared to the Reverb. It;s also important to have the latest Win10 1903 version with updates. Oh, by the way, I found out that approaching EHAM was also a problem with my old rig and also on my new one with a RTX2070-Super 8Gb version... The Titan I have now have no problem BUT... It's using nearly 10Gb Vram in the EHAM area... That's the reason why beefy systems cripple with these combo. Happy landings....

• I have the Reverb also and tested in TE Netherlands with my old rig (Sandy Bridge from 2011 2600K with GTX1060 6Gb) and was working well. Now I have a new rig (i5-9600K and a Titan-X) and it goes Super with a big S so I think you have a setting or setup not correct. In de WMR windows10 setting you must have set your Reverb at Highest image (beta) and be sure to set at 90Hz. I am using the Aerofly Beta version with Vulcan but tried also in the normal GL version. Vulcan is much better but a little unstable with high speed planes like the F18 and F15. 6 months ago I tested a Samsung Odyssey 1.0 and was horrible compared to the Reverb. It;s also important to have the latest Win10 1903 version with updates. Oh, by the way, I found out that approaching EHAM was also a problem with my old rig and also on my new one with a RTX2070-Super 8Gb version... The Titan I have now have no problem BUT... It's using nearly 10Gb Vram in the EHAM area... That's the reason why beefy systems cripple with these combo. Happy landings....

I've just noticed that the stuttering is there with my old Acer headset. When I tried the Reverb, I switched to Steam beta and adjusted the settings to what others had suggested. Somehwere along the line, I introduced the stutter and will have to retrace, I would not have expected such a problem as in the past I had had AFS 2 running on a GTX 970. I'm sure I could fix stuttering with the Reverb, but the physical design did not work for me. What I like on the Index (I have not tried it yet) is that you can not only adjust IPD, but also eye-to-lens distance. This will be an essential feature for my next headset.