Can AeroFly Access Shared 3d Objects

• As present Fscloudport and other methods that use 3d models accessed via a TSC file, require that the 3 models be copied into the folder where the TSC is located (or a subfolder of that folder). This means we are replicating the same 3d models into multiple locations. Not very efficient.

So is it possible to place 3d models in a common folder and let Aerofly know where to find them, so that any TSC file could access them?

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• A similar question is: Can I save / convert an own object in that kind, that it can be referenced similar as a xref object?

(A customer defined xref if you like)

I saw that all the xref objects are combined in a single tmb file like in xref_ch.

Are there naming / location conventions I have to use to handle them that way?

Cheers, Thomas

• A similar question is: Can I save / convert an own object in that kind, that it can be referenced similar as a xref object?

(A customer defined xref if you like)

This the central question for the topic IMO.

Free hint (courtesy of Vogel69):

If you edit a Converter TMC file to replace <[string8][type][place]> with <[string8][type][trespassers]> and launch the converter, you cause an error.

Look then at the tm.log file, you get the following error message :

"ERROR: (type field must be 'default','place' or 'xref' -> 'trespassers' found)"

Hence, the answer to the upper question should be yes, but how exactly?

Could anybody at IPACS please provide details on how to gather objects in an XREF library ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Basically all objects can be collected in the xref-folder.

From the individual TMC files you only have to jump to them -- and this can be different for each user, because each one saves his TMC files differently.

The basic principle for the xref-folder on a Mac is:

• Macintosh HD/user/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/...
      • .../scenery/xref/object.tmb
      • .../addons/scenery/usa/places/iaco/iaco.tmc

From the IACO.TMC you can jump to the only 1x saved object with <[string8][type][../../../../scenery/xref/object]>.

Tschüss, Michael

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries