Taburet - Scotland Mesh and Cultivation for Aerofly FS 2

• Some of the attitudes about sims in this thread are soooo different from mine...

So many seem to act as if there can be only one sim in their lives, and once the decisions been made, all others must of course be deleted and given up for dead.

That's all good and fine, and I own all (civilian) PC flightsims available today, too.

However, there's one caveat, concerning addons. If I were a billionaire, I would just buy any addons for any sim and be done. Unfortunately, I don't belong to that category. Now that's not an issue with, say, Outerra, and AFS2 doesn't force me to buy too many addons either - unfortunately. However, I recently made a clear cut for P3D and against XP. I had to, given I already spend too much money for this hobby overall.

This issue is even more serious, as neither P3D nor XP are really fun as bare sims, so you have to buy a minimum of addons (like ORBX Global or Xvision) to just judge their potential.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Well let's not start a war of every other sim vs AFS2. I remember MSFS4, which was amazing in its day, but it took about 30 years for MSFS4 to evolve into MSFSX, and another few years while LM developed that into P3D. That was with large, dedicated teams of programmers to make things happen. There is a great community here, just like UKVFR in the FS2000 days and later. I am mainly interested in NZ, even though I live in Australia, and I am trying to develop things in AFS2 to complement Rob Corn's , and Timmo's, VLC mesh and scenery. Sadly my brain does not seem to be as adaptable as it once was, but thanks to Arno, Nickhod, and others we have tools available to help that.

All these things take time - please be patient, and more than anything please work within the AFS2 standards, for filenames, file placement and so on.

ATB, Mike

• Let us just come back to the topic of this thread, should we? ;)

I asked my questions to decide, if the offer is suitable for me. I can do the ortho scenery. This is just a time problem. I can also make some basic airports, if necessary. I just want to make sure, the mesh offered is suitable to land and not too bumpy at all the scottish airfields. And that no cultivation is in the way of installing airports that may come. If the first is the case the mesh from this addon I cannot use. If the second is not the case the cultivation I cannot use.

If both is ok, the addon is an option.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• This is just a time problem.

An an capacity problem. I got nearly a TB full now with AFS2 ortho ...

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Un séjour sans faille

Let us just come back to the topic of this thread, should we? ;)

I asked my questions to decide, if the offer is suitable for me. I can do the ortho scenery. This is just a time problem. I can also make some basic airports, if necessary. I just want to make sure, the mesh offered is suitable to land and not too bumpy at all the scottish airfields. And that no cultivation is in the way of installing airports that may come. If the first is the case the mesh from this addon I cannot use. If the second is not the case the cultivation I cannot use.

If both is ok, the addon is an option.

In this case, the best way to answer your questions is to ask directly to Ray abbiati50;)

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Just as an experiment I made, using "AeroScenery" one tile over Edinburgh Scotland first in ArcGIS, that had loads of cloud cover and the second attempt using Bing in resolution 2M/PIX.

I also made the cultivation thanks to Crisy136 latest ScenProc script.

The OSM Data is not complete for this area but it looks reasonably OK in my opinion?

Pictures as follows:

Now available at flight-sim.org

Best wishes, Michael :)

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (September 6, 2019 at 9:21 PM).

• Thank you for your detailed answer to my uneducated statement about Megascenery Ken. much appreciated. I was thinking that as their scenery was so close to Ortho it would have been easy to port over but I am not technically minded so probably I am wrong on that point as well. I got frustrated with Orbx and the now defunct Flight Sim World as well. Orbx products were soooo close to working in FSW, the walls of buildings did not show up and couple of other minor glitches but the scenery loaded okay. It always seemed to me that just a little bit of effort and the whole Orbx world might have been available to that sim.

• good day gents;

I am surprised to read that the photorealistic ground texture is a problem when with aerofly fs2 is the easiest of the all simulators to create coverage with aeroscenery.

It will be very difficult for anybody to provide scenery of large coverage with orthos:

one problem is the licence and problem 2 is the distribution as the files for a detailed coverage are huge.

anyway; cultivation is the hardest bit to make in aerofly fs2; to make this scoltand cultivation coverage took me 4 weeks of solid hard work; it uses os forests data; buildings; and electric pylons are from osm each tile cutted one by one.

believe me it was not easy; and probably will never do again !! ahahahahah

by the way; all airports areas are clean with not invading objects; the mesh is smoothest around airports areas; but I admit some bumps can be possible after compilation.

• When worldwide streaming scenery abruptly makes Megascenery obsolete, one wonders if they might eventually regret not getting experience and a foothold in the Aerofly market....

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I am surprised to read that the photorealistic ground texture is a problem when with aerofly fs2 is the easiest of the all simulators to create coverage with aeroscenery.

I believe, you have never done photoscenrerie?

This crap off output is not a Problem for you?!

( Italiy, Garda-Lake )

And this is, was I made and NOT Aeroscenery:

This is not a Problem for you, to restore and made a complete country in seamless harmony and Quality?!

GREAT! :)

I am currently restoring all of Italy and that is the current state ( all tiles are final! ) :

What you here can see, are more than 1000 Hours of work hardcore-restauration and not only four weeks of work.

• I am currently restoring all of Italy and that is the current state ( all tiles are final! ) :

What you here can see, are more than 1000 Hours of work hardcore-restauration and not only four weeks of work.

Truly amazing project. The community should be extremely appreciative of your work.

• Un séjour sans faille

That's truly impressive! 8|:love:

You gave there, a good example. Bravo!:thumbup:

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• What you here can see, are more than 1000 Hours of work hardcore-restauration and not only four weeks of work.

I believe this without any doubt. The conversion process itself is simple and may take 5% of the time but getting rid of all those ugly annoyances the remaining 95%. I am really looking forward to your result and express a deep "thank you" already.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I believe, you have never done photoscenrerie?

This crap off output is not a Problem for you?!

( Italiy, Garda-Lake )

(...)

This is the real hard work in photo-scenery making !

Grabbing orthos from the net is easy, compiling them into a scenery is easy, but making a quality photo scenery out of it is a real hard work, no magic wand nor automated tool to just click and get the result.

Congrats Schnuffelduffel for your ongoing work, it looks gorgeous ! Toi, toi, toi !!!

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited once, last by Trespassers (October 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM).

• hi Schnuffelduffel

first let me say; apology to forum admin i have to re register after my old email stop working and could not get a new password;

i am well aware of how much work it take to edit photorealistic scenery to good standard where it is required. Maybe you do not know; i made (that im aware of) the first ever photorealistic scenery for the whole of Italy back in 1999; and it was a 6 months ongoing work, after that i done many others not only for fs series but also for condor simulator; i think i have done enough to know it in 25 years of doing scenery.

to keep the conversation short; not every simmer need a whole country to fly in photorealistic; quite few simmers are only interested in the area they want to fly; it can be 3 4 or 6 tiles, with aeroscenery is its not rocket science to cover an area you are interested with photorealistic; you can than edit as pleased if want perfection and time to spend.

it is another matter if you want a whole country covered at good quality without textures clouds or distortions; this is what i was talking about; look at the outer hebrides project on this very forum a typical usage; the project is local to give an example; and yes if you want perfect textures some editing it might be require; especially water or any distortion correction; but should no more than 3 or 5 tiles to cover the outer hebrides; and will surely not take 10 000 hours of work.

By the way; having said that; yes the mesh should fit every airport without bumps or problems; all the cultivation have been cleared at airports.

ray

• I have to say, I am really thankful to Schnuffelduffel for his effort. As we all know, Italy is a wonderful and varied country which I will enjoy flying in several parts. There will be certainly corners I will never visit, but there are numerous places I am looking forward to, from the very North to the very South.

Yes, I can make my own photoscenery using AeroScenery myself, however, removing color discontinuities and in most cases clouds is beyond my abilities and far beyond my available time. Moreover, it's a waste of time having done it by a multitude of people in parallel.

Kind regards, Michael

• Hi,

Do you have a link to this content on Flight Sim org? I found some regions of Scotland from yourself but couldn't find Edinburgh. Also saw the Forth bridges and would want to add these if you can give me any pointers? I'm new to Aerofly on the PC and Edinburgh is my nearest region. Thanks in advance.