Thread language

• Looking at the four most recently active threads as I write this, they are all in German. That can't be a good thing for the forum, can it?

I an not xenophobic or anti-immigrant or nativist etc., but based on the activity on FSCloudPort most of our community is probably shut out from those posts.

• Looking at the four most recently active threads as I write this, they are all in German. That can't be a good thing for the forum, can it?

I an not xenophobic or anti-immigrant or nativist etc., but based on the activity on FSCloudPort most of our community is probably shut out from those posts.

Not really , at least not for me. Google Chrome automatically translates these to English for me .

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Once again you are going in a direction that will discourage the majority of potential users. If you think new users are going to be pleased to come to this forum and see many of the posts in a language they can't understand, well, good luck!

• We cater to all languages and nationalities regardless of whether our core branch is German based or most forum members are American. Everyone has access to translation software for free and we encourage anyone to post in whatever language they find most comfortable. It works both ways, if an American forum member see's a thread in a different language or if that thread written in German gets a response written in Polish. Please don't let language barriers deter individuals from posting on here. We are all members of the same hobby.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I was learning holiday German until recent medication increased my schooldays level of language uselessness. I admire populations who bite the bullet and learn. I pretend I can half understand about 15%.

In my very humble opinion the European Union is wonderful as is RyanAir!

• Well I use Opera and as far as I can see I must cut and paste any foreign language into a translation program on a separate tab to the one the forum thread is on. That is because there is no add on in Opera that automatically translates anything and the CTRL ALT P solution someone posted does not work. Now, I am thinking that we either have to put up with this awkward situation or shift over (or return to) to Chrome whether we like it or not.

• I'm in some way in agreement with the comment on the OP, regarding the use of another language different than English. I've seen those recent posts in German (as well as others in Spanish, French and Portuguese, as I can remember) and I would recommend to keep those posts reduced to a case-minimum, otherwise English-only speakers will be loosing interest in reading all of them.

I have nothing against any nationality. I personally have friends from Spain and Latin America, Germany, France and Portugal (and Brazil), but posting here in any language of people's liking is another completely different issue.

The German, French, Portuguese and Spanish speakers could also use Google or whatever for their translations to English before posting here, as I assume that the vast majority of forum users can read and write in English, or maybe I'm wrong?.

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• I think it is important, that it is visible you can write more or less in any language you like. If you see a forum only supporting English there ist a huge border to cross creating a login and even posting the questions people like to ask. If you can see a couple of languages around, this border is much more week. I had a support case with my Czech scenery asking me in Czech language. Since I don't speak it, we end up in English, that he just translated it by the google translator. And it worked. Never the less it would never happened if he couldn't start in Czech.

Of cause, we should do most of the communication in English, since search algorithm would work more easily and you find topics better searching for English words and not for Vrille, Spin, Trudeln, Barrena, Vite, Tolvlucht, Korkociag, Штопор, Viril or 尾旋. So yes, English should be first (always a bit strange if two native German sending English PMs each other until they discover, that German would be suitable. ;) ) but please don't force the people. Just my 10 cent.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I just cut and paste the link in Google Translate; might be worth trying Chrome. I did notice that once a thread started in German, it remained in German, i.e., English or other language speakers were not contributing. I'm not sure how Google would cope with a multi-lingual thread, but I'd like to think that nobody is barred from contributing.

• True - I don't participate in non English discussions. I only get involved if the post sounds interesting or I think I can contribute something and if its not English then I don't take the time to translate the page to see if one of those applies.