Replay under VR - Yes we can...

• I just complained a lot about not having a replay functionality under VR conditions.

How can I be so wrong (or did I miss when this was implemented?)

Just assign buttons or key strokes to these functions, it is working in VR mode as well.

(Now I just miss to save and reload flights. ;) )

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (September 15, 2019 at 4:21 PM).

• I can also zoom, just had forgotten how. :D

Uh... terrible first part... It was better under VR. Start in the middle of the video aprox 8:50.

External Content www.twitch.tv
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Nice, very interesting.

Could you elaborate a bit on how it works?

So I'm flying in VR, do I need to press the playback button? Wouldn't that take me instantly to some playback?

When does it start recording?

If I fly for an hour let's say, how far back has the playback been saved?

When I playback, how do I position the camera, like you did for example in your video? How do I position the playback camera in general?

Can it be a follow camera, or back in cockpit?

Do I get the playback in the VR goggles, or on the monitor? Or both?

Thanks

• The replay works exactly like the 2d replay, just without the slider.

Press P for pause,

PlaybackStart to start the playback

PlaybackStop to stop the playback

PlaybackBack to rewind to start.

You have the freedom to change between any view, under VR or 2d or both.

Just try it.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• It just works as in 2D, hence it is not a video, something that is saved, a file. I imagine it saves flight parameters and just reuses them in the replay. The nice thing is that in the replay you can freely look around in vr and also switch to any view, eg. the backseat or to an outside view. I guess and hope it should be possible to save this data for later replay.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Is it possible to save the record, and play it on other computers?

Oh that will be great fun to watch and learn others!

sure...but are you saying SBS 3D? Or just the 2-D output to the stream. I’ve done both, but you wanna me show off AFFS2 and OrbX scenery SoCal and LOWI, take a 2D peek here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    For me in my 5K+, I think I wet my self.
    Chas

• They are talking about a replay format just like in 2D mode of the sim. Where you can replay your flight and adjust different views and camera angles on the fly. But in this case, a request for a similar feature in VR. This way, you could potentially create a nice flight path/scenario, save it, and then share it for others to experience. Could be good for tour guiding/showing off, or perhaps learning procedures.

Edit: None of this is promised. This is just a feature request idea.

• I just complained a lot about not having a replay functionality under VR conditions.

How can I be so wrong (or did I miss when this was implemented?)

Just assign buttons or key strokes to these functions, it is working in VR mode as well.

(Now I just miss to save and reload flights. ;) )

Thank you for this information. very helpful, because i am only flying in VR, Grüße Bernd