Paris - Megacity Cultivation is online

• Paris Megacity

Cultivation with elevation mesh including airports and City Highlights

The scenery contains 1.6 million buildings and shows the complex possibilities of the new scenproc scripts.

By team TomSimMuc, Gasy24 and Rodeo.

Please head over to https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…ation-megacity/

for a FREE download.

The development continues to version 2.0 soon

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 7 times, last by TomSimMuc (October 9, 2019 at 5:55 PM).

• It's an absolutely great rendition, Cultication, Objects, and Ground Imagery, which could well compete with commercial offers. Plus it sports stellar performance (fps "drops" from 120 to 100 on my machine in the City Centre).

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• There is a doc file included in the package describing installation.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Really nice... :) I HAD to do it. :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can you compile the toc files? The scenery would work a bit more smooth.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Can't get the images to work, again with that darn structure.

So extracted the paris file and put it into:

addon/scenery/europe/places/france

Where it gives me an "images" folder.

Then downloaded the image zip file and placed all the image files and folder (content of last folder) in the image folder. Everything works except the ortho imagery.

Then I tried to keep the container folders like "images_paris", etc.. (there are two levels) and still I can't get any ortho imagery to display.

What am I not getting?

• Can't get the images to work, again with that darn structure.

What am I not getting?

Michael,

Try placing the scenery in the suggested locations. That should work with no problems. The Orthos for the surrounding area are images and should be placed in the image folder in the Scenery folder. The Paris City file are all self installing if you place the package in your Aerofly FS2 folder. The subfolders are already made with the proper files in the proper locations. 8o

• O man, what a joy :D to fly in this scenery.

In high speed close above the Seine or through the broad streets of Paris downtown. And there is no police francaise which will stop you, because of the absence of car traffic in AFS2 ;)

This is really nuts. I fly AFS2 exclusively on my nearly eight years old gaming laptop (yes, 8 years :huh:) , because I don't want to throw this wonderful machine just on junkyard - and ey - I get 60 FPS through the hole Paris scenery, no matter where (the additional monitor is 60 Hz) - the buildings density slider is on "high" and there is so much autogen, up to the horizon plus POI's.

The Eifel Tower is not just a simple unpleasent model when you come close to look, no, its detailed .... crazy, and a poor to joy to fly.

Thank you so much!

• Thanks Ray, I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. Never mind.

M

Ouch. You are missing so much by not having this scenery. I will work on better instructions for you. Are the Mac folder structures different than windows?

• Ouch. You are missing so much by not having this scenery. I will work on better instructions for you. Are the Mac folder structures different than windows?

It's ok really, but yes too bad. FS2 is on a window machine at the office, so not on MAC.

It may be related to the graphic card (1070 I believe) because on the apollo 50 stuff I get the ortho, but they're kind of switching on and off as I fly over too, so it seems there is an ortho issue on this machine somehow.

The point is not instructions, I understand them fine. The last thing I haven't tried is to do exactly as written in the document. I've installed Tom's file in a proper hierarchical structure (of my own as I have Europe/France folders above) and it installed all the relevant folders (including "images" folder).

And I know that works, because I get the cultivation and all the specific buildings too.

Then I put the downloaded images into the images folder, no luck, then I tried about every structure possible based on the instructions from the imagery folder, different places, different container folders or not, and nothing makes them appear.

I had a similar result previously with some other downloaded ortho images that I couldn't get to show. Maybe one day I'll understand where I'm doing something wrong or if it's a different issue (driver, hardware, etc..), no biggie though.

Thanks a lot though for your help.

• The “image” folder should be directly underneath the “scenery” folder and contain only images, none of the places or airports files. I have to ask, you did unzip the files?

I am pretty certain I tried, that, I will try again tomorrow. But I think there is a cascade of "scenery" folders.

It's like Addon/scenery/places/scenery/europe/france/scenery Or something to that effect (working of memory here)

Or maybe it's a cascade of "places" folders or both.

Yep I did unzip.

Nevertheless I will try to put the image folder directly under any scenery folder there is. (and check whether it should be named "image" or "images" too)