Ouch. AFS2 crashes at startup

• Comes up for an instant at the correct location, correct time, correct plane then immediately shuts down. Done all the standard troubleshooting, ran the local files check, no errors, checked the tm.log for errors none that I know how to fix. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, I checked that vulkan was not selected. No changes in hardware. Same old win10 1080ti Aurora R7 - not in beta on steam.

Files

• tm.log.txt

(38.87 kB, downloaded 13 times, last: )

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

Edited once, last by Jetjockey10 ().

• No problem here, so I doubt it was one of their silent updates that was the culprit.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• There are a bunch of error messages and warnings from custom made scenery, I would start from there, rename the scenery folder within your aerofly fs 2 user folder.

You also seem to be using external dlls, those might create these issues.

• There are a bunch of error messages and warnings from custom made scenery, I would start from there, rename the scenery folder within your aerofly fs 2 user folder.

You also seem to be using external dlls, those might create these issues.

I renamed my personal scenery folder and also renamed the addon folder. Both got replaced at the next startup attempt and I still had exactly the same symptoms.

I removed the external dll folder and that fixed the problem. So, I'm guessing it is something on the other end of one of the dlls.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

My bet is it's some recent custom scenery / objects you've added.

I thought that exact thought, but, it turned out to be an external dll for something that I am beta testing. duh. :)

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/