Small update posted

• We have published a small update to Steam that improves vulkan performance. As always if you notice anything wrong that we missed let us know.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• drassaud: The update we released should not fix the issue on your side. It's something else that's causing it, but it's difficult for us to really pin down the cause. The new update has a safe mode option. If you run Aerofly FS 2 with the options '-othervr -safe-mode', then no external DLLs or user sceneries are loaded. You can check if you still have issues then.

@astute: We removed the features in VR as we thought nobody would use it. We will reactivate it again with the next update.

• My very modest and increasingly geriatric PC (2 core cpu clocked to 4.1 GHz, overclocked gtx950) locked by the graphic card app to 60 fps with Vulkan & antialiasing selected with maxed out graphics, did a HUD Dash 8 foggy parkway approach into JFK 13L and was as smooth as silk. My graphics card and task manager performance graphs were amazing, I never saw it so throttled down before, the gpu and cpu were both nowhere near flat out.

Was this really a just a minor Vulkan tweak?

• CPU and GPU utilization has nothing to do with how fluid it runs of being throttled back. It just means that aerofly is that fast that the total time for our computations are incredible low so that your graphics card or CPU have time to do other things. The times that matter are shown in the debug info (ctrl+f1) in the lower left corner of the screen. If tsync, tcompute and trender are all below 11ms then you can have stable 90FPS.

As an example: my render time (trender) could be 2.11 milliseconds plus 0.6ms sync time. 90 FPS means each frame has 1 second / 90 = 11.1ms, so the total GPU computation time would be: (2.11+0.6)/11.1 = 24%. The better our code the lower this value gets because the GPU time is used very efficiently.

• Thanks, but always the same problem with vulcans for me...

Bei mir sind auch weiterhin die Probleme mit Vulkan und mit OpenGL in VR. Das jetzt auch noch die Landmarks fehlen ist zusätzlich schade.

With me continue to be the problems with Vulkan and OpenGL with VR. The lack of landmarks is an additional pity.

@astute: We removed the features in VR as we thought nobody would use it. We will reactivate it again with the next update.

Of course, we use the function Landmarks, we have not even a map in VR VR many have wished.

• Is it advisable to use vulcan in VR though?

When I checked last time several months ago I found the game runs better without vulcan on my system in VR.

And unrelated to that, is there a way to zoom the map in VR when choosing location of planning navigation?

I always do this on my monitor before putting on my headset, but it might be nice to do this all in vr.

• drassaud: The update we released should not fix the issue on your side. It's something else that's causing it, but it's difficult for us to really pin down the cause. The new update has a safe mode option. If you run Aerofly FS 2 with the options '-othervr -safe-mode', then no external DLLs or user sceneries are loaded. You can check if you still have issues then.

Just test (above Miami) but same result.

Nevertheless, thanks for all your time trying to solve this issue.

Meanwhile I can still fly using openGL so it’s not so bad ;)

• If you run Aerofly FS 2 with the options '-othervr -safe-mode', then no external DLLs or user sceneries are loaded. You can check if you still have issues then.

Ich schaff das einfach nicht mit dem '-othervr -safe-mode'. Es kommt immer eine Fehlermeldung, wenn ich den Pfad in der Verknüpfung zur exe mit dieser Erweiterung übernehmen will.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe -othervr -safe-mode"

Habe auch mit --othervr -safe-mode versucht. Kann mir jemand bitte die exakte Syntax angeben. Danke!

Best regards,

Thomas

i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz, Geforce GTX 1080, 32MB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HD, 32" Monitor 4K, Oculus Rift

• Danke Jan, jetzt kommt keine Fehlermeldung mehr beim editieren der Verknüpfung. So wird aber Steam gestartet und nur VR, nicht im safe mode.

Eigentlich möchte ich Aerofly FS2 lokal starten ohne Steam und wenn es geht auch safe mode (zwei Verknüpfungen).

Ich habe noch diese Verknüpfung: steam://rungameid/434030 -othervr -safe-mode

Die startet effektiv lokal, aber nicht in VR und auch nicht im safe mode.

Best regards,

Thomas

i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz, Geforce GTX 1080, 32MB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HD, 32" Monitor 4K, Oculus Rift

• Der Save Modus ist nicht für die VR Version.

Die Probleme mit den ständigen Aussetzern hatte ich vor 3-4 Wochen nicht.

IPACS muss was verändert haben ohne das es ein für uns sichtbares Update gab, der Beweis ist doch das gestern nach dem Update die Landmarks nicht mehr ging aber heute gehen die Landmarks wieder und das wo es heute kein sichtbares Update gab.

Seid so ehrlich und gebt es wenigstens zu.

The save mode is not for the VR version.

The problems with the permanent dropouts I did not have 3-4 weeks ago.

PACS must have changed what without a visible for us update, the proof is that yesterday after the update, the landmarks no longer went but today go to the landmarks again and where there was no visible update today.

Be honest and at least admit it.

drassaud: The new update has a safe mode option. If you run Aerofly FS 2 with the options '-othervr -safe-mode', then no external DLLs or user sceneries are loaded. You can check if you still have issues then.

Es werden weiterhin User Szenarien geladen

User scenarios will continue to be loaded

• IPACS muss was verändert haben ohne das es ein für uns sichtbares Update gab, der Beweis ist doch das gestern nach dem Update die Landmarks nicht mehr ging aber heute gehen die Landmarks wieder und das wo es heute kein sichtbares Update gab.

Das eine hat mit dem anderen überhaupt nix zu tun, Landmarks wurden absichtlich herausgenommen und werden wiederkommen.

• @TomB: Sorry, the correct parameter to activate the 'Safe Mode' is -safemode and not -safe-mode. So to start Aerofly FS 2 in VR and in Safe mode call the Aerofly FS 2 executable with the following parameters:

'aerofly_fs_2.exe -othervr -safemode'

Again, the safe mode is only ment to check if external DLLs or user sceneries might cause issues with Aerofly FS 2.

skubi007: Der Safemodus ist auch fuer VR, wie oben erwaehnt. Desweiteren gab es unsererseits gestern ein Update damit die Features in VR wieder tun, also bitte keine Unterstellungen. Wieso es bei Dir hakt und stockt ist unklar. Wir empfehlen hierfuer bitte einen separaten Thread mit detaillierter Erklaerung zur Hardware und den Einstellungen.

• Tomfa: All of our stock airplanes should have their pilot heads, if not, please report it to us. As for user created airplanes, the designers need to modify their TMD files to put back the head to where it belongs. Just to summarise: The last two updates we have published fix two small issues we had with the Vulkan renderer. Besides that the update introduced the possibility to show the pilot body without head in VR as requested by a few users. It's a hidden config option for now until all user created airplanes have been updated.

• Please don't create threads all over the place regarding the same concern.

The DR400, as we have stated many times before, is only a demo aircraft. With that said it will take us some time to work on it then it will be working again. As for the 3rd party aircraft, it is up to the devs to update their builds not us. Also, as we have stated, regarding the pilot hears, you can put it back yourself by editing the appropriate files.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I wonder why IPACS would want to separate pilot body from pilot head? Maybe so we could see body/arms/legs as standard while in VR? Perhaps that’s a step towards hand tracking and hand cockpit interaction while in VR?